PS3 General Discussion

Yeah, like I said before, Vision Gran Turismo looks to be GT4.5, but on the PS3, and with all the goodies kaz wanted but the PS2 couldnt do. In other words kazunori's ultimate Vision for Gran Turismo. Their is no limit to what we may see in this game. We know they took renders of all the cars at way higher poly count than the consul could run. Some versions of GT had higher quality in the tracks. We see better pit crews and more cars on track. GT Online anyone? And we can always hope for better AI. They said GT4 would be the last GT on PS2 but they never said GT5 would be the first on PS3. I hope this will be a release title, a rework of GT4. And I hope they have the AI and the Physics worked out by GT5. the PS3 is faster than most computers, their is no reason why the colision, and physics models cant be as good or better than any PC sim out there. (read "GTR") I hope they pull it off.
p.s. That song in the vidio, "rise and fall." I wonder if they are talking about Forza?

I actually like that controller – not for how its aesthetics, but because it looks like it'll be much easier on the hands (the DS2 causes my hands to cramp up every once in a while – this boomerang design looks more ergonomic).

The "Vision" trailer was little dark. From what I can see, it looks pretty good, and the pit part was amazing. Maybe the sound effects were the biggest improvement. As Beelzebub mentioned, engines sounds really cool. 👍
LaBounti
I' think I'll be 30 by the time GT5 hits the streets
This happened to me, with the GT4! :nervous:

Remember GT2000? Exactly what this Vision GT is.

Am I the only one excited about the new Warhawk? Talk about back from the dead.

That Motorstorm game look great too.

I think Vision Gran Turismo is a clever title. I bet it wont feature much difference to GT4, but will show some new abled features and desings. That's why PD called Vision. You get to see what's coming up.

But, will the next GT title be called Vision GT? I doubt it. Remember GT 2000? That was never going to be the title of the next GT game. It was to show what the PS2 could do. That's it. So, I think Vision GT is the same thing.

Beelzebub

Those people in the infield look ugly still, thank god they will be moving. It looked good in the video anyway. But it looks like complete chaos in the pit lane. :dopey:

Maybe in one game you actually drive into the pits.

The graphics can be far better. They look like GT4's graphics totaly. They may just be using GT4's engine but using PS3 to generate them for the pit scenes? I don't know.

I'm sure that Vision is just for the pits and the 15 cars and 5 cars on rally. They don't want to spoil the graphics this early.

I'd be all for driving in the pitstop yourself. I'd love to guide my car thru the pits. :)

a6m5
I'd be all for driving in the pitstop yourself. I'd love to guide my car thru the pits. :)

Yes, to have to slow down and get into your stall. But only one problem. that takes away your time to select tires and fuel stuff for the stop. You could still be required to slow yourself down before the line or take a penalty, and then have the game take over so you can pick your stuff. Plus, the way the game orcestrates the cars through the pits. They never hit. Manual controll in the pits would throw that off.

*epiliptic seizures. Anyone have any guesses or specualtion on how much the new PS3 will cost?

Well....Thank God I'll be getting a job this summer. My god are the visuals breathtaking. Now I can't wait to play gran turismo with 16 cars on the track.....*drools some more.

Well, with this machine in my house, it means the end to DVDs and CDs. Becaue it's time to say hello to Blu-ray discs and SACDs.

Beelzebub

It is actually. Again, I ask everyone to go pop in their GT4 discs and watch the intro. The pit scene is nearly identicle to this video...because it's the same engine.

But this is GT4 with more cars and more spectators, but that's it.

The car texture and everything else is identicle. This will go through a HUGE evolution before it is released, ajust like GT2000 did. I just hope they don't focus on the asthetic side only.

I thought they were going to have Black in the first place. That's kind of their signature console colour.

Jesus, those screens are amazing. I CAN'T wait for the next GTA. I can see Rockstar slamming out something special with it. Fight Night 3 looks outstanding, and The Getaway 3 looks very cool.

Bring on the PS3.

*Although that controller is ugly. Hopefully you'll be able to stick in the PS2 controller, looks like the same set-up, just different layout.

Green Gloves
Another look at the black one. I think it's the one to go for, personally.

That looks a little too shiny. I doubt the real version would be that polished. Looks great, though.

Man, I'd pay $1,000 just to know how Bill Gates is feeling right now! :lol: The poor bastard! He must be feeling pretty lousy right now.

EDIT: Just found some new game screen shots. The Fifth Phantom Saga by Sega.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050517/segaps34.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050517/segaps33.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050517/segaps35.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050517/segaps32.jpg

Back