[PS4] BMW M3 GT3 Trophy Season 1 CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF DRIVERS.Finished 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 207 comments

What day would you want to race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was online from 19:30 and waited for invite.It doesn't matter now karsten.I hope i see you next monday if you still racing

I was online from 19:30 and waited for invite.It doesn't matter now karsten.I hope i see you next monday if you still racing
My bad then, i apologize again, but i invited you as soon as you sent me a message and you could have raced in Race2 easily... I sent a great deal of invites even to offline peoples when i made the room and all joined. Seems i forgot to send one to you, then...

BTW, here is video

A small video of race 2, that android box really records from hdmi and it's not half bad (beside youtube worsening quality as usual >_>)

And here is the detailed race report: https://mega.nz/#!CQdDxZBa!LpR7l2Z4Z9nHQaLl9zUtaZYqDgvy4AAJq3lJqgHGLHs

and @McKiernan sorry for my entry at 3:30 i thought i had the front in and the gap for that move but seeing replay i went it a bit too hot

Nice videos there. It was a good night's racing overall, really enjoyed the second race :gtpflag:

@azidahaka no worries man these things happen, sometimes the blindspots you can have in cockpit view make it hard to judge the gap. I think this game needs a "spotter" like in I-Racing or AC. A feature like that would really help.

Nothing much to see here, race 2 is much more interesting.

EDIT

And here's race 2. Some good battling with @McKiernan and I__Like_Oranges.

I guess we should go on with the serie, right guys? I had a good deal of fun even if i was off-pace. Too bad i made a mess with @bajny and that @TazRacing choose not to partecipate when he would had plenty of time to race both races...

@Riggy always love you videos, have you ever thought of mounting them? I would gladly send you my captures for you to put together a race report and i'm sure other drivers would do the same!

@Riggy always love you videos, have you ever thought of mounting them? I would gladly send you my captures for you to put together a race report and i'm sure other drivers would do the same!
Mounting them? If people want to upload their PoVs for races then I'll do race reports gladly.

It's not quite the same thing, but I've done something similar with this too.

Would happily do some stuff with multiple PoVs.

No, no, no Karsten, I was off the pace lol

@Riggy I didn't bother coming up with my stream because both my races were terrible (and the stream crashed during race 1) but here's the link of race 2, if you feel it could be some use next time if the quality is good enough. (I should have time to practice prior to the race this time :P)

Mounting them? If people want to upload their PoVs for races then I'll do race reports gladly.

It's not quite the same thing, but I've done something similar with this too.

Would happily do some stuff with multiple PoVs.

This looks gorgeous! 👍

I can record straight while i race thanks to hdmi passthrough on my android box; what are you using?

Also if we would have a third driver recording we could really cover most of the track/action...

I recorded at 720p but can record at 1080p too, i just chose it to be safe about the size since i got the box 3 hours before race and didn't had time to test it beside while on race :P

I'm using an Elgato (Now taking sponsorships if anyone from Elgato Gaming is reading :P)

elgato-702x353.jpg

It's basically the same thing, HDMI goes in, then another HDMI goes out to TV and a USB to the PC. The more PoV's the better.

I always wanted to do something in the style of the first league I was in (when I was much worse)

So much more effort, but damn they're nice edits.

BTW Riggy, bumped you once more, it is really becoming hilarious. I think bumped you every single time I raced with you. :lol:
Sorry for that one.
To be fair, this time I spun in front of you :P

I'm using an Elgato (Now taking sponsorships if anyone from Elgato Gaming is reading :P)

elgato-702x353.jpg

It's basically the same thing, HDMI goes in, then another HDMI goes out to TV and a USB to the PC. The more PoV's the better.

I always wanted to do something in the style of the first league I was in (when I was much worse)

So much more effort, but damn they're nice edits.

To be fair, this time I spun in front of you :P

Mine is this one: http://www.zidoo.tv/Product/index/model/X9/target/rdOqbsJTP8k=.html
Darn cheap and has lots of options.

what is good is that you do not need the pc there so perfect for me :)

Yeah that video looks very good, invite the guy to race with us lol :D

BTW Riggy, bumped you once more, it is really becoming hilarious. I think bumped you every single time I raced with you. :lol:
Sorry for that one.

Don't stop the love :D

Ooh that's going to be interesting.
It'll look good in videos too :D

Talking about it, have you changed the video setting to lessen ghosting when you race/capture video? (i forgot how it's called that slider for i never used it lol)

It'll look good in videos too :D

Talking about it, have you changed the video setting to lessen ghosting when you race/capture video? (i forgot how it's called that slider for i never used it lol)
I haven't changed any settings in the capture software. There's a slider in the video options that I too forget the name of, I believe it's the last one in the video/effects menu, putting it on 1-5 seems to give the best results as 0 causes fps drops apparently. Though that doesn't actually effect anything other than replays and I record all my videos live usually. It does seem to lower the blur in replays though, recommend dropping it down to 1/2.

QUESTION TO ALL SIGNED UP DRIVERS!!!!

@Skaankypuppy
@David Talle
@priesty_lfc
@ozwheels
@TazRacing
@killerramsay
@Riggy
@bajny
@TazRacing
@McKiernan
@Mini Stiggy

When I planned this serie the wish was for it to be one-make, no tune, close racing. From this patch SMS gave us the chance to actually have stock tune races.

My question is

Do you want from next week on (round 3 not this one at SPA) to run on stock tunes?

I would be favourable to it since it would make the serie more user friendly, take less time for those that are racing in skaanky's serie (just training for a track vs training and having to setup the car each week). For me it's a pretty big effort to setup car for 2 series in the same week as an example, and i chose to run same car in both serie for that reason too...

I do not want to push the change by myself. So i would want one by one of you to tell me his mind. I hope we can get a 100% consensus on what to do, if keeping it as it is now or if go stock.

Please all cast your votes as soon as possible.

out / 20:00PM GMT/BST is to late for me, sorry. this means finishing around 2300 Brussels time...

Just asking if you want to keep up... Last race you skipped without a reason since at 22:30 all was already easily finished, and would had been finished earlier if we didn't wait for @Skaankypuppy :D

@azidahaka SMS granted your wish about forcing default setups.

True, a bit late but they actually did lol :D This is why i made this post ;)

No.

Stock tuning is undrivable.

I find a lot of the cars handling are very suspect. Until I lower the camber and diff settings, the car does not behave how I would like.

So its a no from me. Plus I'm not sure it works does it? I am sure I saw a post on the PCARS site about it not defaulting the setting and allowing changes to the car even with it selected.

EDIT: Also as a side note, you mentioned it would close the racing up, I'm not sure limiting tuning would do that. Once people are used to the car it will just be a case of driving it to those quirks, so you would just get used to how to drive it with the stock tune and drive around it.

I am ok with it though, if everyone wants to, but I am not sure it will give the desired result. But as a vote I would say no.

I say change it to stock for the craic & because it is hard to tune two cars for two series. I still reckon the fast guys will be fast regardless of whether tuning is allowed or not.

That's a good point actually Oz and McKiernan. I am easy either way, but it would make sense actually, as there are only so many hours in a week.

I find a lot of the cars handling are very suspect. Until I lower the camber and diff settings, the car does not behave how I would like.
Pretty much this. I can deal with other settings being defaulted but I was something in the region of 3/4s a lap slower at Dubai until I got the diffs and cambers sorted. With the M3 not having STM it's all over the place coming out of corners and going into them until you get them right. For me at least.

I mean I'll still race if it ends up going this way, but I'll pout throughout :3

Back