PS4 Graphic issue..what is it and why ?

It is :D

It was a great business strategy though; they didn't go for the avant garde of graphical power like they did with PS3, and chose a low grade GPU to keep the costs down and the profits have been major as it sold like hot cakes.

In the current gen, ps4 actually has the best gpu.

Bet the PS4's lifecycle won't be as long as the 3 because of that, and in a year or 2 you'll have to fork out another 400 bucks for PS5 (which might follow the same strategy again).
What are you talking about? The ps3 gpu is that console's weakest link, and vastly inferior to what's in the xb360. It was thrown in at the last minute, after they found out that using an additional cell processor for graphics as well didn't work out.

Also, upgraded versions of consoles are generally a bad idea, because it segments the market.

What are you talking about? The ps3 gpu is that console's weakest link, and vastly inferior to what's in the xb360. It was thrown in at the last minute, after they found out that using an additional cell processor for graphics as well didn't work out.

Also, upgraded versions of consoles are generally a bad idea, because it segments the market.
I thought the PS3 equaled a high end gaming pc at the time when it was released? Or that's what i read at least, so maybe they didn't mean the GPU specifically then.

Consoles are never more powerful than mid range gaming computers at best. They could possibly be on par with high end gaming laptops, but gaming laptops are always significantly behind gaming desktops. The biggest advantage ps3 had going for it was that its cpu could perform tasks normally best suited for gpgpu way faster than ordinary cpus.

Consoles are never more powerful than mid range gaming computers at best. They could possibly be on par with high end gaming laptops, but gaming laptops are always significantly behind gaming desktops. The biggest advantage ps3 had going for it was that its cpu could perform tasks normally best suited for gpgpu way faster than ordinary cpus.
http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/01/05/ps3-smoothing-beyond-that-of-high-end-pc-graphics-card/

Article from 2010, so I imagine that at release it's graphical power would have been even more impressive.

That article is about using the cell processor to apply image postprocessing. It's an advanced technique that no devs used until far into the console's life. It is basically using surplus cpu resources to make up for what the graphics card was too weak to do on its own, not an indication of tje consome having a powerful gpu.

That article is about using the cell processor to apply image postprocessing. It's an advanced technique that no devs used until far into the console's life. It is basically using surplus cpu resources to make up for what the graphics card was too weak to do on its own, not an indication of tje consome having a powerful gpu.
True but if i read it right, the cell processor in it's own was originally meant to supply all the graphical whistles and bells, and the GPU was added only as a supplement (correct me if i'm wrong).

In any case IMO the PS3 was a more complex and competent machine when it was released, compared to the PS4.

They intended to use two cell processors, but had to drop that plan and replace it with a conventional GPU because it didn't perform well enough. This happened pretty late in the development process so they had to settle for a pretty low-end GPU, probably to minimize losses and perhaps because nVidia didn't have enough of the slightly better chips ready for them.

PS3 was a more complex machine, but it wasn't more competent than its competition, the XB360, which was much easier to develop for, and in most cases delivered better performance. Complexity isn't always better. Every development hour you save because the console is easier to develop for, is an extra hour you can spend on polishing the game, or just save the money and use it on a different game you intend to develop. If there's anything developers don't have a lot of, it's time.

No I'm 100% sure it's not the dash, it's definitely some kind of mesh artefact.
Correct.

It's the reflection of the dashboard.
It is 100% NOT the reflections of the dash.

project-cars_20150507170528-jpg.361593

Back