[PS4]-GT3 World Championship-COMPLETEDFinished 

Start Time of 21:00 or 17:00 BST for two races clashing with F1

• 21:00 BST/16:00 EST

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • 17:00 BST / 12:00 EST

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will evaluate the room situation near qualifying cut off. I had hoped, based on the initial interest, that 2 rooms would be easy, people have since gone a little quiet in signing up.

Regarding times for Spa, it is difficult to say, as I have only really run with Night, Smokes and Oz. I would say getting sub 2:20 would be regarded as a quick time, but there are a few seconds more that can be got down from a 2:20. Mid 16's are possibly I'd say, maybe a little lower.

Yes mate. All still going ahead. I would like some additional sign ups, but we have a good base of drivers so far, it will get off the ground. Qualifying will still be Sunday 13th. I will be about most of the day and can hold rooms at vaious times (either myself or another steward).

The qualifying is more to get drivers pace right for each room, so I won't be enforcing a time limit as such. If drivers wish to try multiple times on the Sunday, they can, as it is to find a drivers outright pace, a lot of people would have been practicing in the M3 before hand anyway (I would recommend that to everyone if you have not driven the car around Spa yet).

If any of you guys signed up know of any other drivers that may be interested, drop them a message or point them to the thread. The more the merrier! :cheers::gtpflag:

Who is also driving the BMW M3 GT and has done some laptimes at Spa with it .
I can't pase the 2:18.001......:P.... the 001 in my laptime is cool .

I quite like the M3, even without ABS, although getting it stopped can be a challenge at times if the wheels lock up!

I'll put your name down. Qualifying will be Sunday 13th.
I won't be able to qualify on that date as tiny taco is racing in the Pirelli 3 hour endurance race at Anglesey in real life on the 12 then 3 sprint races on the Sunday we are not back till the 14th, is there anyway that I can qualify on a different day, if not then just put me at the back of the grid

Ok ..... did little bit of good training at Spa for the Qualifying next Sunday(13) , and it brought me a hot laptime of 2:16.751 with the BMW M3 GT .
Someone else got already some laptimes to compare ?

Is this a Sunday championship, I didn't realise at the time I assumed it was a week day event
Yes Sunday evenings at 20:00. You can also qualify later or if you are about Sat could set a time then?

Ok ..... did little bit of good training at Spa for the Qualifying next Sunday(13) , and it brought me a hot laptime of 2:16.751 with the BMW M3 GT .

That's a quick time. I have managed a 2:15.7, but generally am getting low 16's, so I would say you are right on the pace Sven.

Wish I was better at setups. I would play the game 24/7 if that was the case but now it is abit off putting as it takes so much time to get anywhere near everyone else in the league.
I've done a few laps at Spa and im many seconds behind you guys.

Rexuz, let me know when you are next online and we can go over some setup changes. The key for spa is low downforce 0/1 or 0/0, I have upped my diff to I think 35/30 and slightly softened the springs. Reduce the camber too, as the stock of 3.0 is I consider way too high. I'm sure I have mine nearer 1.5/0.2.

I would not get disheartened, Sven is quick and the time I set was a super clean lap when I was in the zone. There are multiple tracks with many differences. I will be practicing in the week before each race and it is a perfect time to improve setups, plus good fun racing with the other guys.

Spa is a track where lots of time can be made up carrying speed through corners onto the straights. Eu rouge is another one where quite a bit of time can be made getting a smooth line and keeping full throttle.

Skaankypuppy thanks this setup is only to qualify , in race I'm slower with a different setup .
I've tried to set the downforce at 0/0 but if I come up at Eau Rouge I'm loosing the car , but never the less still a week to practice .
At what time you will set the hours for the race in the game ?

Edit : Got it 14:00 at Spa

Last edited:
Will anybody be online racing today? Also what is all this about qualifying in the BMW? I'm confused what that's about. Why wouldn't we just qualify in the actual cars we're running for the season?

I'm leaning towards the Aston Martin right now, it's the only car I can actually read the telemetry on the dash in cockpit view.

Yay my best is 20.1... That is way too slow even for myself.

Yay my best is 20.1... That is way too slow even for myself.
This laptime must come down with your skill of driving .
Still a week to go Karsten .
I'm stuck around the 2:16.750 whatever I try/do with my setup , this is the fasted I can go .
Not that I'm complaining in fact I'm one second faster with this car at Spa than with the Ruf .
Come on Karsten 👍

Last edited:
Will anybody be online racing today? Also what is all this about qualifying in the BMW? I'm confused what that's about. Why wouldn't we just qualify in the actual cars we're running for the season?

I'm leaning towards the Aston Martin right now, it's the only car I can actually read the telemetry on the dash in cockpit view.

The reason for the single car qualifying is that some cars suit certain tracks better than others, so it means everyone is on a level playing field. It is only to get initial room placement, so people are racing with others of the same pace. It is no fun being in a room and being left behind or being in a room and being much quicker. The fun is in the racing with other people I think.

I will most probably be getting online within the hour to do a little practice.

The reason for the single car qualifying is that some cars suit certain tracks better than others, so it means everyone is on a level playing field. It is only to get initial room placement, so people are racing with others of the same pace. It is no fun being in a room and being left behind or being in a room and being much quicker. The fun is in the racing with other people I think.

I will most probably be getting online within the hour to do a little practice.

Is it going to be like that for every round or just the first? Having to do practice for two different car/track combos every week is going to be a bit much.

Back