[PS4] MONDAYS - Look for us on Project cars 2Finished 

Any idea how I check for that?
Not sure on the PS4 how you do that. It was pressing triangle on the controller while on the game icon and selecting "check for update". It could be on auto update in which case it should be at the latest version, but it's worth checking.

As Skip says there are a lot of menu options within Pcars that might need to be checked out.

**Also when starting the game when asked press start on the wheel not your controller to make that the active input device.**

Maybe a redundant question but did you go into Pcars options, and recalibrate your pedals and wheel? That would be directly relevant to that game....

Yes, I even mapped my gear selectors to different buttons to rule out the paddles, but it didn't change anything. I'll have a look for updates tonight and try resetting the wheel too. Fingers crossed.

Yes, I even mapped my gear selectors to different buttons to rule out the paddles, but it didn't change anything. I'll have a look for updates tonight and try resetting the wheel too. Fingers crossed.
When you calibrated pedals, did it let you do the calibration? I mean, did it recognize each pedal when you depressed it? If so, did you go directly out of 'options' afterwards, and try playing game?

Yes, press both pedals, all registered, then back into game bouncing off the limiter in 1st gear. Stopped the car, then I get no pedal inputs. It's actually making me feel a bit thick, I think I've missed something, or done something wrong but not sure what. Much swearing has been done.

Its like this sometimes buy:banghead: I have to start the game, then close, start again for the wheel to work, fine after that.

BB did you try as sick said 'plug up to computer ' ?
And check for firmware update...
It's not been a pleasant journey with project cars I have to say. Keep trying, as I enjoy racing with you all. That's what is keeping me going with this game.

But as you said, they work fine on other games....Never heard of a controller of any kind working on one game and suddenly not another....Very weird and beyond my knowledge base. Might suggest you call TM support, and go on Pcars support forum looking for others with similar issue?? Sorry, man....:boggled:

Have you tried plugging your wheel into a different USB port on your PS4? Something may have gotten jarred during your entanglement. Not sure why it's only affecting Pcars but clutching at straws.

I take it that it's working fine on your PS3/GT6 (seemed OK with Zo last night :))

One idea, try turning your PS4 on with the button on the machine - not the controller. This way the wheel is recognised first.

I suppose as a last resort you could delete and reinstall the game again in the chance that it might correct itself.

It's a T150. Only thing I haven't tried is re installing the game since its last reinstall a free days ago. Just annoying that it's working perfectly on every other game, and also in the ps3. Not sure how to remove a game but I'll have a look.

It's a T150. Only thing I haven't tried is re installing the game since its last reinstall a free days ago. Just annoying that it's working perfectly on every other game, and also in the ps3. Not sure how to remove a game but I'll have a look.
I wish I was closer to where you are so I could loan you my original T150 pedals to try or just give them to you if needed, but it would cost more than they are worth to ship them over the pond to you!

The wheel and pedals are cool on every other game across both consoles though, it's not them that's broken I'm convinced of it. I'll try deleting the game and reinstalling it. If that fails I'm done.

The wheel and pedals are cool on every other game across both consoles though, it's not them that's broken I'm convinced of it. I'll try deleting the game and reinstalling it. If that fails I'm done.
Colin, I got some advice for you from a friend who says reinstalling the game might not be enough if you don't delete any saved data as well....All signs of Pcars before reinstalling. He thinks that will solve this issue. Hope that is true!!

Ok looking good. How do I do that? I tried to figure out how to delete the game but failed

Make sure you have a saved copy of your game progress on a USB memory stick otherwise you could lose all your progress to date.

Change of topic, but check out the club thread - I will be posting up images from the FIA Masters Historic Festival at Brands Hatch - just got back from a great day!

Ok looking good. How do I do that? I tried to figure out how to delete the game but failed

OK, here is what my friend sent me:

Get him to go into system storage management > saved data in storage system and first delete all the pcars saved data then go into system storage management > applications and delete pcars

I haven't tried this mySelf, so I haven't tried to find out where the system storage is ...I would assume we Can find it easy enough...If you can't find it let me know and I will look too Saturday...
Like Sick said, doing this is going to wipe out your settings for FFB, car setups, etc. You will probably have to redo a number of things...But if it works at least you can play the game again!
Sick, can he save FFB data and all that to a flash drive?? I have never tried that....

Ok, I know where that option is, all my stuff auto saves to the cloud, which is weird though as even though I've brought it back down, my hours are back to zero.

That sounds good though, I'll try that. Thanks for the help

Hockenheim Classic is in the Classic Lotus expansion DLC...so you should have it then??
no skip I have not bought that one :(
Which track is closest to classic , gp or national? Can get some practice in lol
Cheers skip

Results of Hockenheim Classic

Hockenheim 2002turbo.jpg

Got DQ because of jump start (once again :banghead: ) maybe my leg was still shivering after 300 km with an 35 yearold Motorhome fighting against a large number of truckdrivers.

Next time will be better --- I hope

Good race, got a better start, so got by the Al. Was behind Sick, Flaco, then they pulled away. Got bumped, by Djwaves, on the closing part of the race, he gave position back, but overtook to get 5.

Good to hear everyone.

Has buy still got problems?

Latest Posts

Back