[PS4] MONDAYS - Look for us on Project cars 2Finished 

Ah, it was you that aided me in my quest to get back to the leaders then. The cheque is in the post.

It's a good job there was no one around when my brakes had gone kaput otherwise I too might have caused a few incidents!

That was an excellent debut IfAndOr - and an excellent fastest lap - if you had completed qualifying I am sure you could have been fighting for the podium.

We run with full damage and mechanical failures. I haven't had a problem to date with the brakes on this car. I had a lot of trouble with the Lotus 40 - you will need to pit for repairs if your brakes wear out or if you suffer accident damage. You can reduce brake wear by using more engine braking (down shifting slightly early), but don't overdo it or that will cause other failures. Some of the good drivers (i.e. not me) drop their pace slightly to avoid mechanical failures.

The starts I find difficult - I start in gear, but idling - some people start at high revs in neutral, then pop the car in gear - I find it difficult to do that and avoid spinning out of control.

Important Change for attention of all racers

Note - there will be no need to do any rounds in your least favourite car - you can use either car as much or as little as you want. I have made this change because the cars are very closely matched and I know some of you have a definite preference for one car.

@IfAndOr @John Wells @AndreasR @Flaco13 @Mr Tree @jefaais @richroo @Skip7950

I forgot to mention that I realised I could use my favoured bonnet view. I was expecting to be forced inside. 👍

If you can switch off the count down lights in the settings menu, so you watch the start lights instead.
Probably a good idea John. You would have less chance of jump starts, especially towards the rear of the grid. Although the AI cars would always know when to go I suppose.

If you can switch off the count down lights in the settings menu, so you watch the start lights instead.

I race with the lights off - it probably makes you slightly slower at the start, but less risk of jump start as John says. Also I found the countdown lights very irritating as it is not a system that is in use anymore in real life racing except at the dragstrip with the "Christmas tree". Yesterday I was watching the World Rally Cross and noticed that they have a race ready light then a green light. Other race series use all reds then off - they stopped using a green light after there was a light failure on the transition from red to green. I wish PC2 would abolish the greens and just go all reds then off like real race series.

I'm off to do a few minutes practise for the next round - Rouen Les Essarts Short.

Is Rouen Les Essarts Short, a real track Sick?

I tried a quick race last night, the time was set too 20.00, looked really good with the headlamps on. Unfortunately had to start again in the day light, didn't know the track to well.

Last edited:
I've put a few laps in and I must say I quite like the circuit. But I can see that any real life crashes there would be dramatic! Getting the car stopped on the long downhill section before the hairpin is tricky - and I'm supposed to be saving my brakes!
According to the beginning of John's video I'll need a pianist to accompany me as well.

Here's a short history of the track:

Hearing the Boogie Woogie piano accompaniment at the start of John's clip brought back memories of my Dad - he sometimes used to play that style (but slower). Apparently he got very good at Boogie Woogie when he was in the RAF - that style of piano playing was very popular in the 1940's.

I'm just going to have a quick practise myself round Rouen!

Was your Dad in the RAF doing the War Sick.

No - he was very lucky to miss it - he did his national service in the RAF just after the war ended, They still had Tiger Moth biplane trainers at Cranwell and Dad was put in charge of maintaining the radio equipment - there wasn't any so his job involved polishing the speaking tubes! (These were tubes which enabled the pilot and navigator to shout to each other).

I tried both cars at Rouen - normally I'm faster in the BMW. but I struggled to keep it on track so I will probably race the big Mercedes.

Results from Rouen

Rouen les essarts merc vs bmw.jpg

See you soon

Look what I found (OK, doesn´t suite 100%)

View attachment 670675

Great photo - did you take it yourself Andreas?

On Monday we are at Ruapuna Park GP - I haven't tried the Merc yet, but the track is very enjoyable in the BMW so I will probably stick with that even though at the moment I am getting a few spins! The corner at the end of the main straight is where a lot of time can be made, but it is risky to brake late.

Round 3 BMW v Merc.jpg

Good race everyone, didn't the leaders pace though, so settled to race the Al.
Made some mistakes, but not as bad last week. Sorry about last lap, blue flag didn't come out.

Has anyone listened too the track side announcements, today in New Zealand, last week French.

I still haven't quite nailed the starts yet so got a bit bogged down again. I tried charging after Andreas but ended up charging off the track mainly so settled down into a rhythm. I hadn't practiced using the interior view at all so that took a little time adjusting too. I was trying out the helmet cam when I spun out and since I hadn't seen anyone (real) for a good few laps I thought I'd wait for Sick.

today in New Zealand, last week French
I hadn't realised that. A neat touch.

I tried out the Merc and it felt a bit like steering a barge after the BMW. I don't know how Andreas makes it go so fast :bowdown:

Although it doesn't stick to the track I'll probably stick to the 2002.

I presume that Sakitto is a fantasy Suzuka substitute? Quite good.

We will be finishing our Race Seris with some cars an't going too be in Project Cars 2.
Then starting with Project Cars 2, come and join us for some great races.

This game still surprises me, did this by accident, try it.

Suzuka 8 Race time midday, time progression 15x. Sun sets behind the trees, lights come round the track, then the stars when its dark, for last part of race.

Back