PS4 or PS5? Which Version Of GT7 Are You Buying?

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 499 comments

PS4 or PS5 - Which Version Of GT7 Are You Planning to Buy?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 190 26.2%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 199 27.4%
  • Both but NOT 25th Anniversary

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • 25th Anniversary (includes PS4 and PS5)

Votes: 294 40.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 25 3.4%

• Total voters
Why is it insane to put a pre-order down already? If you know you're gonna be buying the game anyways, might as well get it as soon as possible. I did the same with Battlefield 2042, pre-ordered immediatly after the first trailer dropped as I knew I was gonna buy it anyways. For me with GT7, the only reason I haven't preordered yet is because it could get delayed again and I'm not gonna spend 80 big ones on a game I might not be able to play for another year orso. GT7 has yet to fully convince me into buying it at launch and the preorder bonusses are not really worth it imo.
What do you mean 'might as well get it as soon as possible'?
You're not getting it any sooner. You're just giving your money to somebody else to hold on to until the middle of next year.

That makes no financial sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
Why would you pay £60 or even £80 for something you won't receive for a minimum of 6 months? Keep that money in your account until the day before. That's basic money management.
It's also how pre-ordering works - no money is taken until the order is packed for dispatch, because it isn't an order until it becomes one.

Last edited:
My dream would be a GT7 Anniversary Design PS5 to go along with the Steelbook Edition I'll be getting :D

What do you mean 'might as well get it as soon as possible'?
You're not getting it any sooner. You're just giving your money to somebody else to hold on to until the middle of next year.

That makes no financial sense whatsoever.
You're right, I phrased it wrong. I meant it like this, if you know 100% that you're gonna buy the game no matter what, you might as well put the order down now and get the bonusses + the fact that you know you'll get the game as soon as it comes out, day 1. You also might not have the money for it in 6 months time, so you wanna secure the game by placing the pre order.

I completely understand why people don't like pre ordering. I myself don't do it as often, only when I know for a fact that I'll buy it anyways. That only happened with BF2042 and some Call Of Duty games. GT7 will follow soon I think, but I'm waiting on a bit more info about the single player modes.

It's also how pre-ordering works - no money is taken until the order is packed for dispatch, because it isn't an order until it becomes one.
Apart from the PS store.I pre-ordered the 25th anniversary edition and had to pay up front,im really looking forward to GT7 so i dont really mind.I know Amazon and Game dont take payment until despatch time.👍

420 Cars 90 Track routes, that's not nothing, a lot better than with what GT Sport started with. Also the dynamic weather is a nice addition. And the fact there's a number behind this GT means it's going to be more like GT6 than GT Sport, except maybe graphics (of course it'll be better on PS5, but I doubt it'll be much better on PS4 pro) and physics wise.
I think GT Sport will be more like a part of the game, but not the main feature. It'll also be a lot more single player focused, although you do need an always online connection...
420 cars minus GTS 320 cars.... 90 track routes minus 82 GTS routes... doesnt leave much new material particularly if the new tracks are reintroductions of tracks Ive been driving since the 90's... I hope Polyphony make more original tracks they're superb at designing them. I think GT7 will be amazing content wise, by year 3 it could be twice as big, but why pay a premium for a title early? Sucker born every minute...

I'm contemplating getting the steelbook 25th Anniversary edition and then using the PS4 code + PS5 upgrade cost to have it digitally on PS5. Does that work? Apologies if mentioned before but couldn't find anything...

420 cars minus GTS 320 cars.... 90 track routes minus 82 GTS routes... doesnt leave much new material particularly if the new tracks are reintroductions of tracks Ive been driving since the 90's... I hope Polyphony make more original tracks they're superb at designing them. I think GT7 will be amazing content wise, by year 3 it could be twice as big, but why pay a premium for a title early? Sucker born every minute...
Ok not my problem if you want to wait. Also I said it's better than what GT Sport started with, it didn't start with 320 cars and 82 routes.

Apart from the PS store.I pre-ordered the 25th anniversary edition and had to pay up front,im really looking forward to GT7 so i dont really mind.I know Amazon and Game dont take payment until despatch time.👍
Ahh, the perils of going digital :lol:

The refund process is also hilarious.

Pre-ordered the 25th Anniversary physical edition because I REALLY wanted the Steelbook. I don't have a PS5 yet, but I'm definitely planning on getting one eventually so the disc will be able to be spun at some point.

Kinda hurt though that they didn't have much stuff to offer for anniversary editions like previous GTs did. It also sucks that they don't have a collectors edition right now.. This is the first GT where money isn't the issue for me so if details release of a collectors version nearer to launch, I may cancel my pre-order and change it to that.

Ahh, the perils of going digital :lol:

The refund process is also hilarious.
Yeah i know.lol.I tend to buy a mixture of digital and disc games,no real reason behind it just what i do at the time.
I can imagine trying to get a refund on a digital game is challenging!

Yeah i know.lol.I tend to buy a mixture of digital and disc games,no real reason behind it just what i do at the time.
I can imagine trying to get a refund on a digital game is challenging!
The policy on the PS Store makes no sense. You can only opt for a refund if you have not dowloaded/installed any of the content. So if you've played a game for 15 minutes and want a refund, you can't. Steam's policy is way better (2 hours before its not eligible, iirc).

Quite easy decission as I "only" own a PS4. I don't even understand, how this can be a hard decission?? The ones with the PS5 get this version, all others the PS4 version. 25th ani-version doesn't make sense in neither was. Either I got the PS4, than I cannot use the PS5 version, nor if I have the PS5, why should I also get the 4-version?? Escpecially as it is only a download (disc for the win!).

Quite easy decission as I "only" own a PS4. I don't even understand, how this can be a hard decission?? The ones with the PS5 get this version, all others the PS4 version. 25th ani-version doesn't make sense in neither was. Either I got the PS4, than I cannot use the PS5 version, nor if I have the PS5, why should I also get the 4-version?? Escpecially as it is only a download (disc for the win!).
I think they sell the Anniversary edition with both PS4 and 5 games, because most people don't have a PS5 yet and this way they can get the PS4 edition and when they do get a 5, get the upgrade for free.

25th ani-version doesn't make sense in neither was. Either I got the PS4, than I cannot use the PS5 version, nor if I have the PS5, why should I also get the 4-version?
You... get both, so you can play with the download on your PS4 and then if, or when, you get a PS5 you can carry on with the PS5 version. Otherwise you'll end up having to pay either $10 to upgrade or buy the game all over again (and if you buy the digital edition PS5 and you only have the disc version of the PS4, you'll have to buy a whole new PS5 version).

The only limitation is that if you get the physical version, you can only play it in a regular PS5. If you get the digital version, you can play it in either the regular PS5 or the digital edition PS5.

I don't have a PS4 or PS5 so i couldn't get the game even if i wanted to.
It's not xbox fanboyism either, the only current gen console i have is a switch lite. everything else is from 7th to 6th gen.
If i wanted to play GT7 i'd get a PS4 anyways seeing as how there's hardly any other worthwhile games on the PS5 (i'm not getting a ps5 for a game i can play on my ps3, looking at you demons souls) and the asking price of the console EVEN AT MSRP is way too much. 500 bucks for a console is ridiculous tbh

I don't have a PS4 or PS5 so i couldn't get the game even if i wanted to.
It's not xbox fanboyism either, the only current gen console i have is a switch lite. everything else is from 7th to 6th gen.
If i wanted to play GT7 i'd get a PS4 anyways seeing as how there's hardly any other worthwhile games on the PS5 (i'm not getting a ps5 for a game i can play on my ps3, looking at you demons souls) and the asking price of the console EVEN AT MSRP is way too much. 500 bucks for a console is ridiculous tbh
Just a question, but how is 500 ridiculous for a console? The performance you get, you can't get that for a 500 dollar pc. It's the cheapest way to get this amount of power and capabilities. I do understand that you'll get a PS4 since there aren't that many games out on PS5 yet.

Just a question, but how is 500 ridiculous for a console? The performance you get, you can't get that for a 500 dollar pc. It's the cheapest way to get this amount of power and capabilities. I do understand that you'll get a PS4 since there aren't that many games out on PS5 yet.
it's just a lot compared to how much cheaper the PS4 was at launch. It's better than the PS3 launch price, but still

i1lO3VnimoV37C.png

PS5 Launch Edition

My wallet had enough because i bought the Horizon II Forbidden West Special Edition, two games in one month are really expensive in latam

Last edited:
it's just a lot compared to how much cheaper the PS4 was at launch. It's better than the PS3 launch price, but still
The digital edition PS5 is as much as the PS4 was at launch, but I understand your point. It's alot of money, especially if you're only playing Gran Turismo

The digital edition PS5 is as much as the PS4 was at launch, but I understand your point. It's alot of money, especially if you're only playing Gran Turismo
Digital edition PS5 is FAR more reasonable, but i'm more worried about how a simple blu ray drive cost over 100 bucks...

Digital edition PS5 is FAR more reasonable, but i'm more worried about how a simple blu ray drive cost over 100 bucks...
Sony are taking a more significant loss per console built from the digital PS5 to give it a more attractive price point / hardware specs compared to their competitor's cheapest next-gen console. The $500 PS5 with bluray drive was already selling at a loss with respect to its build of material cost. It's not about a bluray drive costing $100, it's about how aggressive Sony went into deciding how cheap they would sell the digital PS5.

For the hardware you're getting in a PS5/Series X, $500 is actually pretty cheap, the $400 PS5 even more so. Good luck building a PC with these specs for $500.

Last edited:
The PS5 is still nowhere to be found, but I don't care much, I will continue to play with the PS4 as long as the PS5 is in stores or online at fair prices.

I'll go for the base PS4 since getting a PS5 is such a pain right now. Besides, I would like to grind from the bottom as you were obliged to in GT2. I don't like the idea of starting with 10 super fast cars and skipping the learning curve and also the grind.

The PlayStation 5 User Interface and the cards will add to the Gran Turismo 7 new experience. For Example, you will open your PS5 and you will have a notification pop up as one of your friend just beat your time in a particular license. By clicking directly on this card you probably will appear directly in that license without loading like they have done in Astro. Something that makes the experience more fun and active in some ways. I am currently playing Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut on PS5 and loading my game takes 1 second and all the fast travels I do has no loading. It keeps you immerse and keeps your momentum while playing and collecting stuff etc. Navigating through a Gran Turismo title menu, shopping cars, changing races, circuits, cars, licenses, loading races in seconds will be a whole new experience and a game changer in my opinion ; )

It depends on a lot of factors for me.

What is the difference between the versions.
How much money I have at the time.
How available PS5's are if I have the money at the time.

I doubt I would get the PS5 version should I get the PS4 version, unless there was another GT game on the PS5 after GT7, (doubtful), and by that time a copy of GT7 would be quite cheap all those years down the road. As that would be the reason to get a PS5 if I don't when GT7 arrives. I won't say March 2022, as I have little confidence in them hitting that date. ;) 🤣

if it get it it'll be the 25th Ann.; however I'm undecided if I'm getting a PS5 as I just don't have time to game anymore. I might just play all my PS+ games I never download

I adore GTS despite its flaws, but I cant bring myself to play the game as Ive completely rinsed it to death... fingers crossed they make new tracks, not just add in old track rehashes (fun yes, but quickly become boring!).
This is something that worries me too tbh. I always thought that GTS was limited by its tracks/cars. If Kaz doesn't focus on making GT7 "different", we'll be lapping in all the ported content from GTS and little else besides - especially at launch. This will impact on enjoyment for me, and with the looks of it, and others like you too. I hope much newer cars are created for the game, GTS looks a lot like a museum piece at present, when you look at the fact that so few modern cars ever got added.

Lot's of caution around regarding GT7, differing reasons for different people. But all the concerns we have are valid. Fingers crossed that Kaz will nail it this time.

Definitely PS5 at the very least since I own one, just trying to decide on if I want to pick up the anniversary edition. Side note, I’m surprised polyphony isn’t trying to push 120fps considering what Kaz said last year about how high framerates taking priority over resolution for the future of the series

Though I do feel really torn because I don’t actually want the extra credits and cars and stuff, so I’m thinking I’d just spend all the money at the beginning on for fun cars that wouldn’t be helpful in the campaign. And just avoid using the cars I get gifted
I mainly want the steel book and soundtrack, I think the soundtrack is the main thing I’m holding out for until I see what it’ll consist of. Because if it’s pretty beefy and has a great selection then I’d be willing to fork over money for the anniversary edition
What Kaz said was correct at the time, then Sony told them the game must play on the PS4 when it was actually developed as a PS5 exclusive. Concessions had to be made and it appears the 120fps is one of them. This also added more development time before release or we'd probably have the game by now. Makes me wonder what other PS5 exclusive features were either removed or toned down for the sake of backwards compatibility...

I just got a PS5. I sold my Series X to part fund the move. With GT7 arriving before Forza Motorsport, I thought I'd get a PS5 now. So, I have the hardware to play the best version technically at launch. The load times/updating on my PS4Pro drove me nuts. The PS5 (to me) was worth the price to upgrade, simply for OS updates/game installing out of the box being faster. We're all different.

My version = Std GT7 disc edition. I went with the Steelbook for GT6. I bought GTS at launch - and again recently but used. I sadly got tired of lapping in GTS before. But my use case isn't typical. I "only" purchase racing games, so it's especially harder for me to not get frustrated in small games. Whilst GTS wasn't tiny, it had lots of content we'd seen before. Cars too. These are just my own opinions. Every time I boot my console, I drive - so I don't have other genres to break it up. I prefer real tracks too, and love rally content. So on many levels, GTS to me sadly missed the mark. But at least I supported Kaz at launch.

So, with all that said - as you can see, with a PS5 Disc console already purchased, I've gone "all in" lol.
:D

I hope that the delay will help Kaz's team build a better offering this time around for all of us. I like what I've seen so far in GT7. So, like many of you do - I hope it has the "special sauce" we're yearning for.
:D

For now, I'm steadily working back through GTS from zero. But in a way that I won't be totally fed up of the content. Every time I lap in GT, I look at the replay, even if just hotlapping as a single car on track. The visuals are just amazing. I hope the weather/time is a huge upgraded feature when GT7 lands. It'll help give the new game additional lifespan for me for sure.

#EXCITED

Last edited:
Back