PS4 or PS5? Which Version Of GT7 Are You Buying?

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 499 comments

PS4 or PS5 - Which Version Of GT7 Are You Planning to Buy?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 190 26.2%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 199 27.4%
  • Both but NOT 25th Anniversary

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • 25th Anniversary (includes PS4 and PS5)

Votes: 294 40.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 25 3.4%

• Total voters
Pre-ordered the 25th Anniversary physical edition because I REALLY wanted the Steelbook. I don't have a PS5 yet, but I'm definitely planning on getting one eventually so the disc will be able to be spun at some point.

Kinda hurt though that they didn't have much stuff to offer for anniversary editions like previous GTs did. It also sucks that they don't have a collectors edition right now.. This is the first GT where money isn't the issue for me so if details release of a collectors version nearer to launch, I may cancel my pre-order and change it to that.
There's only been one Anniversary Edition of GT to my knowledge and if I'm honest in comparison, you weren't missing out on much with it:

1632772309630.png

It only makes sense to buy the PS5 version, which I did. The 25th Anniversary box. The PS4 version is included which is what I'm actually going to play unless I've sourced a PS5 by then but I probably won't even begin shopping until release time.
Is there not an upgrade price option for all PS4 / PS5 games? I thought there was, otherwise the anniv. version makes sense as a buy once deal.

Is there not an upgrade price option for all PS4 / PS5 games? I thought there was, otherwise the anniv. version makes sense as a buy once deal.
Only for the playstation exclusives from what I remember beginning with this game and God Of War Ragnarok.

Gonna get the Physical 25th Anniversary, got the 15th Anniversary for GT6, and tried to get the XL edition for GT5, but was out of stock

Exactly. Same here mate.

I've been assuming for a while now that Sony will have made the units readily-available by the time GT7 drops.

Last edited:
Tried pre-ordering the 25th Anniversary edition in the UK but Amazon is "out of stock" and GAME is trying to charge me £5 for collection from their store so they can sod off. So hopefully from Amazon when it goes back in stock.

Unless a super deluxe version becomes available (I'm remaining hopeful) then I'll cancel my pre-order for the other.

If Polyphony just added a coupla new tracks to GTSport, threw in a new license test & re-vamped the little single player races section, they wouldn't even need to make GT7, cuz...thats all ur getting anyway.

You... get both, so you can play with the download on your PS4 and then if, or when, you get a PS5 you can carry on with the PS5 version. Otherwise you'll end up having to pay either $10 to upgrade or buy the game all over again (and if you buy the digital edition PS5 and you only have the disc version of the PS4, you'll have to buy a whole new PS5 version).

The only limitation is that if you get the physical version, you can only play it in a regular PS5. If you get the digital version, you can play it in either the regular PS5 or the digital edition PS5.
Ok, I got that. However, why don't have they a bundle/anni-version with two disc, one for PS4 and one for PS5. I would buy that package, but download only games are no option for me! You can not collect a digital version!

And obviously, my PS5 will be the disc version, so I don't care about full-price download games. And as the situation is right now, I haven't change my planes to get the PS5 for christmas 2023 :) so... I can wait.

If Polyphony just added a coupla new tracks to GTSport, threw in a new license test & re-vamped the little single player races section, they wouldn't even need to make GT7, cuz...thats all ur getting anyway.
So, if they just released an update to uninstall GT Sport entirely and reinstall this new game instead, they could call it GT Sport instead of GT7?

What would be the point of that?

On top of that i kinda want a Midnight Black one.
As I mentioned a month ago, you can now buy all manner of flavours / colours of panels to replace the factory-white ones. :cheers:

IIRC they simply snap into place. The side panels are already black, so peeps like you and I who want all-black machines should be as happy as pigs in gravy. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
As I mentioned a month ago, you can now buy all manner of flavours / colours of panels to replace the factory-white ones. :cheers:

IIRC they simply snap into place. The side panels are already black, so peeps like you and I who want all-black machines should be as happy as pigs in gravy. :gtpflag:
Do you happen to have a link to where I can get these panels?

Edit:
I found a website where they sell Matt Black plates: https://dbrand.com/shop/special-edition/ps5
But $60 for some black plates is quite expensive imo

Found one where they also sell other colors and controller shells: https://www.customizemyplates.com/
Still $50 isn't cheap.

Last edited:
No brainer to buy anything OTHER than the 25th anniversary edition, no additional charges to pay after game releases (well subject to how DLC is given this time), getting both PS4 and PS5 versions with the bonus cars is the best purchase experience.

Also essential in my case because I have a digital PS5 console so it will be my only Gran Turismo I do not have a disc box for and my pre-order will download/install prior to the release date meaning come midnight on 04 March I can play immediately.

Though the 'collector' in me might end up stumping up again for the steel book edition, I shall see nearer the time! :)

Back