PS4 or PS5? Which Version Of GT7 Are You Buying?

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 499 comments

PS4 or PS5 - Which Version Of GT7 Are You Planning to Buy?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 190 26.2%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 199 27.4%
  • Both but NOT 25th Anniversary

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • 25th Anniversary (includes PS4 and PS5)

Votes: 294 40.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 25 3.4%

• Total voters
Why is this forum so polluted with people who aren't going to buy the game? Surely you people have something better to do than comment on a game forum for a game you have no intention of playing. You don't like the game? No one cares. Go to a different forum and discuss a game you do actually play or intend to buy.
Are you aware that the game has been around for nearly 25 years? You don't like the fact that people who enjoyed the franchise but are disappointed in the lack of progress in gameplay in the last ten years are vocal about it? You don't like the fact that people who didn't buy GTS therefore haven't bought a GT game in 8 years but are still allowed to talk about it?

No one cares.

I'd suggest going to a different forum, but that's exactly not the point. Stay and discuss the game. If you disagree with people, say why. Just don't try and shut other people up for having feelings about the game that are not the same as yours. This isn't an echo chamber, and if you're finding it difficult to get lots of people to agree with your absurdly optimistic views of what GT7 will be, perhaps stop and think about why that is.

Also @Magog to add to @Imari’s comments.

This thread has a poll and one of the options is “neither” so people are going to post in here if they voted to not buy it. (Not that it would stop some people if that “neither” option wasn’t there).

Everyone’s opinions are valid. Take my situation as an example. I wasn’t going to buy it. I’ve played every GT game starting with an import of GT1 at launch and then each a every one to release, apart from obscure demos. However, I was not on the hype train this time around. Granted I followed the news post put up by our fantastic writers here on GTPlanet and watched the videos put out by PD, but I just couldn’t bring myself to want the game badly enough. If it wasn’t for the PSN credit Sony gave, I wouldn’t be posting in the thread and I wouldn’t have bought the game until I could get it super cheap secondhand and possibly on PS5 rather than PS4 if I could get my hands on said console.

Have a little patience with others & remember opinions are like a-holes, everyone’s got one.

Last edited:
Also @Magog to add to @Imari’s comments.

This thread has a poll and one of the options is “neither” so people are going to post in here if they voted to not buy it. (Not that it would stop some people if that “neither” option wasn’t there).

Everyone’s opinions are valid. Take my situation as an example. I wasn’t going to buy it. I’ve played every GT game starting with an import of GT1 at launch and then each a every one to release, apart from obscure demos. However, I was not on the hype train this time around. Granted I followed the news post put up by our fantastic writers here on GTPlanet and watched the videos put out by PD, but I just couldn’t bring myself to want the game badly enough. If it wasn’t for the PSN credit Sony gave, I wouldn’t be posting in the thread and I wouldn’t have bought the game until I could get it super cheap secondhand and possibly on PS5 rather than PS4 if I could get my hands on said console.

Have a little patience with others & remember opinions are like a-holes, everyone’s got one.

Fair enough but I question the motivations of the people who post here regualry with no intention of buying the game and are constantly being negative. It's like going to a concert for a band you know you don't like and booing through every song. The other people in the audience aren't going to be pleased and you're not doing yourself any favors either.

That’s not what’s being said. It’s knowing the band had great hits and seeing them bomb, trying to cover the hits they made and it’s not working.

Seriously, there are trolls on this site, but that’s far from what members are posting here.

It's like going to a concert for a band you know you don't like and booing through every song. The other people in the audience aren't going to be pleased and you're not doing yourself any favors either.
What people say about a game should in no way impact whether you enjoy it or not. I really like NfS Shift 2, despite it being objectively an awful game for a whole host of totally valid reasons. Even I think it's a bad game, but I still have fun.

If critical analysis of a game ruins your enjoyment of it, then you're going to have a rough time but it's not the fault of the people being critical. You are not owed a safe space in which there is only positive commentary. You can try and make one if you want, it's been tried before.

It's not like people booing at a concert. At worst, it's like going to a concert for someone that is poorly reviewed or popularly hated on social media, like Justin Bieber or Fred Durst. But if you're having a good time while you're there, who really gives a **** what people on Tweetbook think? Just because other people find good reasons why they wouldn't enjoy a Bieber concert doesn't stop you from enjoying yourself. You're there, they're not, and any conversation outside of the concert is completely separate.

There's still interesting conversation to be had outside the concert even from people who haven't gone and won't go, but unless you're literally scrolling GTP while you're driving in Gran Turismo I don't see the problem. Everyone isn't going to agree with you and you need to learn to live with that.

As for the people who don't play but still post here regularly, you might want to look at when some of those accounts were made. This forum has been around for a long time. You don't get to tell people who have been here for the last 5, 10, 15, 20 years that they should go somewhere else just because it so happens that the marketing for the latest iteration of the game doesn't look that exciting. One is not required to be enthusiastic about every single release from Polyphony in order to be a fan of the franchise.

What people say about a game should in no way impact whether you enjoy it or not. I really like NfS Shift 2, despite it being objectively an awful game for a whole host of totally valid reasons. Even I think it's a bad game, but I still have fun.

If critical analysis of a game ruins your enjoyment of it, then you're going to have a rough time but it's not the fault of the people being critical. You are not owed a safe space in which there is only positive commentary. You can try and make one if you want, it's been tried before.

It's not like people booing at a concert. At worst, it's like going to a concert for someone that is poorly reviewed or popularly hated on social media, like Justin Bieber or Fred Durst. But if you're having a good time while you're there, who really gives a **** what people on Tweetbook think? Just because other people find good reasons why they wouldn't enjoy a Bieber concert doesn't stop you from enjoying yourself. You're there, they're not, and any conversation outside of the concert is completely separate.

There's still interesting conversation to be had outside the concert even from people who haven't gone and won't go, but unless you're literally scrolling GTP while you're driving in Gran Turismo I don't see the problem. Everyone isn't going to agree with you and you need to learn to live with that.

As for the people who don't play but still post here regularly, you might want to look at when some of those accounts were made. This forum has been around for a long time. You don't get to tell people who have been here for the last 5, 10, 15, 20 years that they should go somewhere else just because it so happens that the marketing for the latest iteration of the game doesn't look that exciting. One is not required to be enthusiastic about every single release from Polyphony in order to be a fan of the franchise.

People being constantly negative doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the game. Especially considering it isn't even out yet. It does however have a negative effect on the discussion of the game. Both optimism and pessimism are infectious. Ask yourself which is more pleasant to spread.

People being constantly negative doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the game. Especially considering it isn't even out yet. It does however have a negative effect on the discussion of the game. Both optimism and pessimism are infectious. Ask yourself which is more pleasant to spread.
I don't care which is more pleasant for you to spread. I have no desire to spread optimism about a game that I'm not optimistic for. That's called lying. You do what you like, but I'm not one to go around lying to make other people feel better. If Polyphony wants positive discussion of the game, then they should make a good game.

My job here is not to make you feel good. Nor is it to prop up Polyphony's weird opaque marketing by going around the internet blowing smoke up people's buttholes. You know what would convince me to be optimistic about the game? Interesting stuff to be optimistic about. Give me something I haven't seen before. Something unique and exciting. Or even just a massive upgrade on something that we've seen before, like a real, functional track creator that works on the actual Playstation.

The most interesting thing I've seen so far is Music Rally. We don't even know what it is, but I find it hard to believe that I'm going to be blown away when I find out.

From my little experience from previous gt6 players and users ( kind of ) they are many people that love especially some parts of what the game has to offer .
Some attracted by doing lobby with certain content ( NASCAR , drifting or whatever ) others by design new tracks ,others by working on photo mod etc. etc.
So it's totally logical for some people to vote for neither in first place ,but of course they can change their mind later when the game come out or get a certain progress during updates in the future .
I was one from those that i believed that GT7 was 100% ps5 exclusive but i was wrong at the end no matter why that happened .
It happens and that's a fact .
I vote for ps5 version since i don't have a ps4 but in reality i stuck to " neither " cause I can't find any ps5 (yet) and thats a fact also .
And perhaps that situation continues for a long period till ps5 will be available .
I find as stupid idea to put money and buy even a second hand ps4 just to play the game from day one.
But that's me cause am not so anxious about it ,others aren't so patient and i fully understand why .
A the end there's no reason to blame someone for what he choose or what he like from the game, or his expectations from it .

Fair enough but I question the motivations of the people who post here regualry with no intention of buying the game and are constantly being negative. It's like going to a concert for a band you know you don't like and booing through every song. The other people in the audience aren't going to be pleased and you're not doing yourself any favors either.
I feel you. It is a public forum though so while our superb moderation staff keep everything civil and on point, there are always going to be people who just post to get a reaction. Best thing you can do for your own sanity is just ignore them. If they become a total nuisance then just stick them on your block list and you’ll never have to put up with their negative a silly posts.

My Ps4 version is pre ordered with Very, they keep updating me every few weeks too let me know it's still on for release date.

Last edited:
Unless a new exclusive makes the PS5 a must-have for me soon, if I buy GT7, it will be for my PS4. Playstation and Xbox are now too PC-like for me to prefer them over a full-fledged gaming PC.

And from this, there may be numerous accounts that only comment once in a while that can add up to what seems like a regular crowd.

I've generally avoided the Gran Turismo and Forza subforums for years, but I retain an interest in the games because of what I still appreciate about them. You will never find vehicles like a Subaru BRAT, '70s Civic, or VW Bus in a sim like Project CARS or Assetto Corsa, for one thing. I haven't enjoyed a Gran Turismo game since GT3 and haven't bought one since GT4, but that doesn't mean GT7 couldn't satisfy with the right improvements. GT Sport felt okay from a brief sampling of the finished product -- make it offline, stuff it with an encyclopaedia of cars and singleplayer gameplay, add a version of my Legacy, and I think I'd have something to work with.

When someone's wound is fresher, they're likely to be more vocal. I had plenty to say about GT4 when it was new. I would not fault anyone for getting soured by GT Sport.

Never purchased or owned a PS4 so it will be PS5 if and when they are available

Perhaps I can finish the last 10% of GT4 before making the leap to GT7

Buying whatever version gives both. I have a PS5 in my living room, and PS4 Pro in my office. So this way I can always be playing GT7. :P

Was able to pre-order the 25th Anniversary Edition of the game last month, so I have a pretty good head-start.

If the PS5 and PS4 versions are the same in terms of features then I'll just buy it for my PS4 Pro. That way I can move my Pro to sit alongside my PC sim rig just for GT7 and then have a PS5 sat under the TV for all the other Playstation 4 & 5 games.

And in my country lot of people get a ps5 at a retail price ( without preorder ) but most of them was searching every day ,all day ( and night) for available items .
Now they have only bundles at the stores.
For someone who already have the ps4 it's logical move to start with a ps4 version and skip the ps5 availability problems for good .
Wise move for Sony to realise the GT 7 for ps4 owners , we are talking about many millions .
Its the alternative of the "Take more from few " with the "take less from everybody " .

Last edited:
I originally voted that I bought the PS4 edition, but I changed my mind and cancelled the PS4 edition and pre-ordered the 25th anniversary edition. I still only have a PS4 but I want to have the PS5 edition just in-case I get a PS5.

Last edited:
I originally voted that I bought the PS4 edition, but I changed my mind and cancelled the PS4 edition and pre-ordered the 25th anniversary edition. I still only have a PS4 but I want to have the PS5 edition just in-case I get a PS5.
The exact same thing just happened here lol. I only have a PS4 at the moment, in fact I don't even know if I'll get a PS5 this year, but I recently changed my mind and did the same as you.

I plan to get the Digital Deluxe Edition. I will play the game on my PS4 Pro for now, and will switch to PS5 later if and when GIMX will be updated to work with PS5.

GT7 Possible Delays? I am close to pre-ordering the PS4 version however I remember just before the release of Sport they delayed it and it was a year more before it actually came out. Not wanting to spend money and get mad that they delay again just before launch. I feel we're close enough to be safe. Has anyone heard anything about a possible delay? I have not and follow it pretty close. I was hoping to have a PS5 by now so I guess I will spend the 10.00 later when I finally get one.

Last edited:
Well since I last posted stating I was getting the PS4 version. I’ve now cancelled it and picked up the PS5 version instead owing to the fact I managed to get a PS5 mere days after my initial preorder.

GT7 Possible Delays? I am close to pre-ordering the PS4 version however I remember just before the release of Sport they delayed it and it was a year more before it actually came out. Not wanting to spend money and get mad that they delay again just before launch. I feel we're close enough to be safe. Has anyone heard anything about a possible delay? I have not and follow it pretty close. I was hoping to have a PS5 by now so I guess I will spend the 10.00 later when I finally get one.
I would doubt it at this point. GT Sport (which had an initial projected release of 15 November 2016, but the delay (to TBC 2017) was announced 30 August 2016, a good 2½ months before.

Now, that is pretty bad, but GT7 is now what, a month and 2 weeks away? I think they would have said it by now.

I would doubt it at this point. GT Sport (which had an initial projected release of 15 November 2016, but the delay (to TBC 2017) was announced 30 August 2016, a good 2½ months before.

Now, that is pretty bad, but GT7 is now what, a month and 2 weeks away? I think they would have said it by now.
But they always have the excuse of the unprecedented worldwide pandemic for a very late delay announcement.

Back