PS4: T300 GTE or T500RSPS4 

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 586 comments
Yeah I've tweaked the potentiometers I've gone from about what you have to around 2mm on each pedal now :) Can't see how it will effect any warranty issues tbh as long as you are careful with the screws nobody will ever know.:guilty::lol:
How long did it take? And is there a step-by-step youtube video for dummies like me, who can't tell apart a screwdriver from an ice pick? :lol:

How long did it take? And is there a step-by-step youtube video for dummies like me, who can't tell apart a screwdriver from an ice pick? :lol:
:lol: Took me about 45 minutes mate, as far as I know there are no videos out there:indiff: But as long as you follow the guide lines in the thread it's really not that difficult as long as you take your time. :)

Last edited:
:lol: Took me about 45 minutes mate, as far as I know there are no videos out there:indiff: But as long as you follow the guide lines in the thread it's really not that difficult as long as you take your time. :)

Is there a possibility anything could come out when the top comes off or are the workings pretty secure? I'm ok with diy and have taken many ps3's apart completely to repair but don't want a Jack in the box situation if I did attempt.

Yeah I've tweaked the potentiometers I've gone from about what you have to around 2mm on each pedal now :) Can't see how it will effect any warranty issues tbh as long as you are careful with the screws nobody will ever know.:guilty::lol:

Could you guide me in the direction of that thread please, just in case i have trouble with mine, i did a search, but nothing came up.
Thanks

Is there a possibility anything could come out when the top comes off or are the workings pretty secure? I'm ok with diy and have taken many ps3's apart completely to repair but don't want a Jack in the box situation if I did attempt.
Nope only the brake spring should pop out and that's self explanatory as to where it goes. If you have changed a lens on a PS3 for example this will be a doddle :) @Schumi-01 page 36 from the link above this post.👍

So tonight I checked the firmware of my t300rs and it is the latest (v24). The pc software showed 0,5 degree off perfect calibration when at 12 o'clock. I did the manual calibration and it's working fine now. Even after rebooting the PS3 and gt5, including auto calibration, it's perfect now.
My pedals are working fine too. No delay, no nothing. I'm happy. :)

Here is the point of view holding my smartphone in front of my eyes. It's like in the first sample pic I posted earlier. For bumper cam it's perfect beause I can see the HUD. but not for cockpit view when showing the wheel in-game. Pcars will let me adjust the seat position but I'll set the rig a little higher tomorrow. Then I will post a new point of view pic for comparison. And to get your opinion too. :)

eiZ7zh4.jpg

Btw: it's an old 40" Sony lcd. And my name is not Thorben! :P it's my friends console.

It's pretty insane we need to fix the pedals once they arrive, I guess this is the result of things being made in China and not the UK.
Hm, I somehow always thought Thrustmaster was a French company.
Nevertheless, whilst I agree that 'made in China' is rarely associated with quality, using the UK as a counter argument is probably not the best way to go. *cough* Morgan *cough* TVR *cough* Lotus :P

So tonight I checked the firmware of my t300rs and it is the latest (v24). The pc software showed 0,5 degree off perfect calibration when at 12 o'clock. I did the manual calibration and it's working fine now. Even after rebooting the PS3 and gt5, including auto calibration, it's perfect now.
My pedals are working fine too. No delay, no nothing. I'm happy. :)

Here is the point of view holding my smartphone in front of my eyes. It's like in the first sample pic I posted earlier. For bumper cam it's perfect beause I can see the HUD. but not for cockpit view when showing the wheel in-game. Pcars will let me adjust the seat position but I'll set the rig a little higher tomorrow. Then I will post a new point of view pic for comparison. And to get your opinion too. :)

eiZ7zh4.jpg

Btw: it's an old 40" Sony lcd. And my name is not Thorben! :P it's my friends console.

Glad you got it sorted

Otherwise known as Cliff? (Any very old snooker fans in da house):guilty:
Saw Cliff play several times in Toronto and he was a pretty big deal here in the late 70's and early 80's. I was a fair snooker player myself in my teenage years and in university, it literally paid most of my living expenses in the first couple of years:sly: Never forget when he did the first perfect game in the world's in 83':bowdown::bowdown:, I can still recall where I was when I first heard about it.:cheers:

Saw Cliff play several times in Toronto and he was a pretty big deal here in the late 70's and early 80's. I was a fair snooker player myself in my teenage years and in university, it literally paid most of my living expenses in the first couple of years:sly: Never forget when he did the first perfect game in the world's in 83':bowdown::bowdown:, I can still recall where I was when I first heard about it.:cheers:
And he's still going relatively strong on the legends tour ;)

Hey guys. I will be busy tonight as I have friends over for champions league. So no pic of the rig. :D

I'll be back with this topic by the end of the week.

edit: last night I couldn't stop me from restarting the laps over and over when I didn't make a corner as I wished. Old habits coming back... :D loving it.

My Thrustmaster T300 GTE arrived this morning and I have had a few hours to test it out. Tried it out with Drive Club and the wheel feels great even with DC bad FFB. The layout of the buttons are easily reached without lifting your hand of the wheel. Tested out the pedals they are Poor in my book. My biggest problem with brake and excelrater it doesn't register until about 20% pressure applied. Disappointing. My braking is either on or off. Drive Club is not a great bench mark to test but it's all I have until Project Cars.

The wheel itself is top class the pedals let it down a bit in my book. Anyway will check out a fix for it later in the week when I have time. My wife is wondering why I'm not overjoyed! Well I forked out 339 euro and you would expect a set of pedals that you could actually feel the brake pedal.

My Thrustmaster T300 GTE arrived this morning and I have had a few hours to test it out. Tried it out with Drive Club and the wheel feels great even with DC bad FFB. The layout of the buttons are easily reached without lifting your hand of the wheel. Tested out the pedals they are Poor in my book. My biggest problem with brake and excelrater it doesn't register until about 20% pressure applied. Disappointing. My braking is either on or off. Drive Club is not a great bench mark to test but it's all I have until Project Cars.

The wheel itself is top class the pedals let it down a bit in my book. Anyway will check out a fix for it later in the week when I have time. My wife is wondering why I'm not overjoyed! Well I forked out 339 euro and you would expect a set of pedals that you could actually feel the brake pedal.
I do feel ya nearly...
See it that way: You got yourself prepared for ps4 and future titles. The T500 isn't any better. Just the pedals.
Beside we (on ps4) ain't got a choice. ^^

I do feel ya nearly...
See it that way: You got yourself prepared for ps4. The T500 isn't any better. Just the pedals.
Beside we (on ps4) ain't got a choice. ^^

True man! Before I had DFGT for GT5 I modded the pedals so there were usable and they served me very well, But they never had a deadzone like the T300. I measured both pedals excelrater and brake when pressured applied both of them have the exact same deadzone. I hate deadzone they only time I applied deadzone was in Codmaster F1 games I think 5% on excelrater. Anyway I think I will take them apart over the weekend.

True man! Before I had DFGT for GT5 I modded the pedals so there were usable and they served me very well, But they never had a deadzone like the T300. I measured both pedals excelrater and brake when pressured applied both of them have the exact same deadzone. I hate deadzone they only time I applied deadzone was in Codmaster F1 games I think 5% on excelrater. Anyway I think I will take them apart over the weekend.
Seems i got lucky with just a dead zone on the gas pedal. :lol:

Have you followed the calibration method i.e when the wheel starts calibrating press the accelerator and brake every time should sort out the dead zone problems

I own two t500rs the earlier version needs this done every time the newer one doesn't

Stopped calibrating entirely after a few days. Both accelerator and clutch were fine. It started ok but then brake calibration started playing up intermittently. Then by the time I'd contacted customer services the brake had stopped working entirely. Customer service has been good (so far). The new pedals will hopefully arrive shortly.

Sounds like they've just bought-up all the old Logitech DFP pedals and re-packaged them. When the DFP came out people went through 2, or 3, or 4 pedal sets before they would get a set that worked... (That's the only problem I've had with Logitech equipment though. We still have several perfectly functional DFP wheels, and 2 G25 wheels. Both my Fanatec and my T500 have required repair after (at the most) 25% the wear that's on the Logitech wheels. So I'm not impressed at all with the "quality" of the Fanatec or Thrusmaster products...)

Sounds like they've just bought-up all the old Logitech DFP pedals and re-packaged them. When the DFP came out people went through 2, or 3, or 4 pedal sets before they would get a set that worked... (That's the only problem I've had with Logitech equipment though. We still have several perfectly functional DFP wheels, and 2 G25 wheels. Both my Fanatec and my T500 have required repair after (at the most) 25% the wear that's on the Logitech wheels. So I'm not impressed at all with the "quality" of the Fanatec or Thrusmaster products...)

Thankfully my replacement pedal set has had no problems at all.

I had plenty of failures with my 4 Logitech DFGTs. Both pedals and clamps. I was very glad I had an Argos extended warranty.

Last edited:
Good 'ol DFGT! We had some great times. The pedals were even worse then the t300 ones. But I got it for 100 euro back in the days. Now the t300 is 300 euro. Sure it's the better wheel but the pedals man. Only good thing is the metal plates on it. Might melt these down and get a chain out of it when I replace them with the t3pa's by the end of the year. :D

Compared to Logitech, Thrustmaster is literally nowhere at all build quality wise.

My DFGT costed me €89.95 and is 6 years old now, it still works fine. Only the pedals got a bit spiky, but they're still usable.

I paid €260 for my T300GTE (I waited for a price drop on Amazon), and it's almost 3 months old. Currently waiting for customer support to get back to me, after the wheel started to get serious calibration issues over the weekend.

Back