PS4: T300 GTE or T500RSPS4 

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 586 comments
How s
Not a good idea drinking and driving ( pro_ too )! Looking forward to seeing you on the track in pcars...
Seriously if anyone is after racing tidy add me. Sick of the bumper car dc boys. alegunner68
how did you know?! :D I had a few beers tonight and wanted to tell everyone: don't drink and drive!!
My times got worse every event one after another... I put the rig away now.
If you have friends who tend to drink and drive, get em to your wheel, let them drink and drive at it. They'll see. And, for God sake, they will learn and don't do it in RL again! I hope so.

Cheers for the beers!

Edit: so happy now that I got myself the grüne Hölle unlocked for arcade mode, to test and practice and stuff! :)

I don't want to spoil pcars to much, but when you love the Nordschleife it will be hard to get you out of your racing seat again (esp. when you do the 12hour race) :D
You can't ever spoil to much cause this game is open from the beginning. ;)
I will race my 🤬 off at nordschleife!!

My 3rd t300 will arrive tomorow. I hope the throttle is in better condition this time. Maybe the wheel paddles are more accurate too. As I said, the right one was still clicking a little late compared to the left one. Fingers crossed.

Got my replacement wheel from Amazon.de today. And it's used!! The problem with the pedal (see above) can be found there too. The wheel paddles are worse than mine.
I even found heavy dust at the pedals.
I'll call them now I think. I'm really mad right now! :ouch:

Got my replacement wheel from Amazon.de today. And it's used!! The problem with the pedal (see above) can be found there too. The wheel paddles are worse than mine.

Oh, thats a shame. Hope you get a decent one before Mid May. Keep us posted!

Jeeze you aint getting much luck are you.

So, they checked something and called me back. Because my second replacement wasn't new they will send me another replacement. Let's see. :)

To the t300 users: I know the throttle and brake pedals aren't the best but do you guys have way to the left and right on throttle so that it scratches the pedal box?!

So, they checked something and called me back. Because my second replacement wasn't new they will send me another replacement. Let's see. :)

To the t300 users: I know the throttle and brake pedals aren't the best but do you guys have way to the left and right on throttle so that it scratches the pedal box?!

The only issue I had was pedal caibration and that was fixed easily enough, I did after a 1000 miles or so get one pedal sqeak so I oiled it and no more issues, Done nearly 30,000 in that game that shall remain nameless LOL

Edit: Having done several brake pedal mods I wont be changing them either as there very much to my liking now.

You mean play in the Pedals, left to right? No, mine are firm and straight and make next to no noise.
Yeah, that's what e meant. There isn't much space between the pedal arm and the pedal box, right?! Like 1 mm or so. And with the play it scratches the box. The brake pedal is fine.
The used replacement from today had the exact same problem. So let's see what the new one will look like. Should arrive on Saturday.

The only issue I had was pedal caibration and that was fixed easily enough, I did after a 1000 miles or so get one pedal sqeak so I oiled it and no more issues, Done nearly 30,000 in that game that shall remain nameless LOL

Edit: Having done several brake pedal mods I wont be changing them either as there very much to my liking now.

I have this squeak too, but only when i press the accel pedal in a certain way with only one toe. Did you need to unscrew the packplate to apply the drip of oil?

You can read similar stories also from Fanatec and Logitech. No need to pick one up specifically.
It's not just your story though is it? The internet is awash with Thrustmaster stories these past 2 or 3 years far more than i have read about Fanatec & Logitech put together and sadly i've also been on the end of a poor product from them with the T300 dodgy pedals having huge deadzones. Thrustmaster seem to cut more corners and give us cheaper products than the other two.

I have this squeak too, but only when i press the accel pedal in a certain way with only one toe. Did you need to unscrew the packplate to apply the drip of oil?

3 in 1 spray oil just down the side then wipe away any excess. I have a homemade bag to cover pedals when not in use.

I cover my wheel and pedals with a bag. So the should be little to no dust.

Btw: I moved each of the metal plates on the pedals to the far outside. Much more comfort now cause my legs are more parallel.

I cover my wheel and pedals with a bag. So the should be little to no dust.

Btw: I moved each of the metal plates on the pedals to the far outside. Much more comfort now cause my legs are more parallel.
I moved my pedals far out wide too. seems more comfy, especially with a wheel stand pro between my legs. no issues with my pedal set, no squeaking, good movement and wheel is good too.

I even bought mine from an eBay shop that said theirs was a hardly-used, like-new return, and it was in excellent condition. after reading all these comments I'm kinda waiting for it to die on me :/

Unlucky, pro_too. My brake pot's gone a bit mad, spiking everywhere. Anyone know what the specs are so i can stick in a replacement?

A few minutes ago I was searching the Internet for some better pedals for my t300. The cheapest a found are the t3pa I for about 120 euro. But then I found this: https://www.alternate.de/Thrustmaster/T500RS-Lenkrad/html/product/790604?event=search

350 euro for the t500 with good pedals included?! That's only 50 bucks more what I paid for the t300. I'm thinking on giving back my t300 to amazon and getting these.

Can you tell me what's the difference between the t300 and the t500 as the wheel looks exactly the same. Thank you guys.

I think the 300 wheel is better than the 500, 300 is smoother. Also the 500 has static paddles, 300 wheel with 500 pedals is the best combo 👍

I think the 300 wheel is better than the 500, 300 is smoother. Also the 500 has static paddles, 300 wheel with 500 pedals is the best combo 👍
Alright. So You would suggest to keep the t300 and get some pedals as standalone?!
Static paddles, not as smooth?! That doesnt sound good. But is it ps4 compatible?!

What about compatible pedals but not from thrustmaster?! Any less pricey alternatives with good quality (maybe via adapter)?!

Back