PS4: T300 GTE or T500RSPS4 

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 586 comments
Compared to Logitech, Thrustmaster is literally nowhere at all build quality wise.

My DFGT costed me €89.95 and is 6 years old now, it still works fine. Only the pedals got a bit spiky, but they're still usable.

I paid €260 for my T300GTE (I waited for a price drop on Amazon), and it's almost 3 months old. Currently waiting for customer support to get back to me, after the wheel started to get serious calibration issues over the weekend.

Yep, see my post about 6 up. I've had the same experience with Logitech equipment being phenomenally reliable and with the Fanatec and Thrustmaster equipment failing after a tiny fraction of the wear and tear I've put on the Logitech products. My sample size is also very large (I used to host 6-player LAN races in GT4... All with Logitech equipment, and every piece of that equipment which I own still works flawlessly after all these years and all these miles.)

Maybe someone will build an adapter to get the Logitech equipment to work on the PS4. In terms of bang-of-the-buck and in terms of reliability their equipment is the way to go.

i had my t300 fan kick in last night for the first time (driving the zonda r with no assistance). its not that silent but when the game sound is on, its no biggie. still happy with the wheel. :)

im so looking forward to a more sensitive FFB in pcars!

i had my t300 fan kick in last night for the first time (driving the zonda r with no assistance). its not that silent but when the game sound is on, its no biggie. still happy with the wheel. :)

im so looking forward to a more sensitive FFB in pcars!

After reading all the Amazon reviews i had the fear that the fan will effect the experience with the wheel (T500). But after a few hours you won't notice it anymore and the tv is louder anyways. Still quieter than the wheel movement :D

After reading all the Amazon reviews i had the fear that the fan will effect the experience with the wheel (T500). But after a few hours you won't notice it anymore and the tv is louder anyways. Still quieter than the wheel movement :D
yeah. and when i use my turtle beach headset its perfect anyway.
the "noise" of the wheel when moving is decent compared to my old DFGT. is the t500 at the same noise level (cooling fan and wheel movement wise)?!

FYI: 3 Pedals Deal on Thrustmaster Shop until April 5
OffreSpecialeT3PA_978x264-UK_1.jpg

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/categories/wheels.html

OffreSpecialeT3PA_978x264-DE_2.jpg

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/de_de/produktarten/lenkrader.html

OffreSpecialeT3PA_978x264-ES_1.jpg

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/es_es/categories/volantes.html

OffreSpecialeT3PA_978x264-FR.jpg

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/fr_fr/categories/volants.html

OffreSpecialeT3PA_978x264-IT_1.jpg

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/it_it/categories/volanti.html

Hey guys, any suggestions for a good pedal + shifter combo/set for less than 200 euro I can use with my t300?? Maybe something used or with an adapter.

I could go for the t3pa plus original shifter but that's to expensive for me.

Thank you in advance.

Hey guys just a question, i getting in to sim racing so im thinking to buy a wheel soon, as i understood the t300 is the the older model, does that mean that the t300 will not be usefull in the feature compare to the t500? kinda pointless buying it and be able to used it only for the next 2-3 years where the t500 could be usefull for longer if that was the case. :S

Hey guys just a question, i getting in to sim racing so im thinking to buy a wheel soon, as i understood the t300 is the the older model, does that mean that the t300 will not be usefull in the feature compare to the t500? kinda pointless buying it and be able to used it only for the next 2-3 years where the t500 could be usefull for longer if that was the case. :S
The other way around.

The T300 is newer!!

As i do some practice with my new t300, sorry for that little off topic question, but is there a best lap times archive for gt5 real world tracks?! Like the best of gtplanet in arcade mode without tuning. I want some comparison at the same tracks like Imola when Pcars is out.

I just want to get some reference when I'm having my test laps. :) thank you.

Last edited:
As i do some practice with my new t300, sorry for that little off topic question, but is there a best lap times archive for gt5 real world tracks?! Like the best of gtplanet in arcade mode without tuning. I want some comparison at the same tracks like Imola when Pcars is out.

I saw you mentioned Imola and GT5 in one sentence for the second time now... What version of Gt5 do you have? :D

I saw you mentioned Imola and GT5 in one sentence for the second time now... What version of Gt5 do you have? :D
Man, my fault. I mean monza.
Told you I'm a rookie, look at my ava pic! :P

Edit: don't you tell me it's not in the game!! :)

Last edited:

@mike_gt3 kept a Nurburging Lap time board that included hundreds of laps by stock cars. @SuzukaStar did something similar for Laguna Seca, but all on Comfort Hards

I was a little bored tonight so I build myself a bottle holder for my rig.
Cut a coke bottle, put some bubble wrap inside at the bottom, wrapped a black sock over it, put a whole at the bottom and screwed it the shifter holder (not in use right now)! :D

oOxwKyo.jpg

It works. :)

Full review coming mid April. Maybe I'l have to delay again... ;)

Last edited:
I was a little bored tonight so I build myself a bottle holder for my rig.
Cut a coke bottle, put some bubble wrap inside at the bottom, wrapped a black sock over it, put a whole at the bottom and screwed it the shifter holder (not in use right now)! :D

oOxwKyo.jpg

Looks good. Now you only need good beer :D

And one more time...
I have so send in the wheel again. This time, after playing the last weeks, the throttle has some way left and right what makes it scratch at the pedal box. That's a no go.
I will test the new one immediately for a few hours straight. Thank god I could do all this testing before the game arrives. Makes me kinda thank sms for the delay. Sounds wierd but what can I say?! :)

(T300) Yeah my pedals were screwed on my first delivery. Haven't had any issues with the new set. I'm just glad my wheel hasn't glitched yet. I've read some horror story's about this wheel. I've been happy with the performance though. If it's going to take a 🤬 I hope it does it before release so I can get a replacment. It's been about 2 months now. So hopefully I'm in the clear.

Another thing: in gt5, the wheel is sometimes doing the auto calibration before a race. I'm currently driving clubman cc and it did it before the third race.

Another thing: in gt5, the wheel is sometimes doing the auto calibration before a race. I'm currently driving clubman cc and it did it before the third race.

Sounds like you have some issues with it.

What makes me happy though is that I learned again to drive with a wheel.
Took me the last 2 weeks, maybe 6 days all together to get a feel for a wheel again. :)

Got myself the grüne Hölle real quick by doing the amg cc in gt5. Now I can practice. :D

Pcars roll on!!!

Sounds like you have some issues with it.
Man, you have some issues! Don't get me involved in your trouble! The crew, he said... ;) :D

I'm just kidding!!

I hope it's game related. I heard about other games doing that. But I'm getting a new one by next week, so im cool.
Warranty... Never used that so much.

Edit: crazy stuff. When I press start during the amg challenge to pause the game it calibrates the wheel. Holy. Now I'm confused. I might exchange the whole set now.

Last edited:
Man, you have some issues! Don't get me involved in your trouble! The crew, he said... ;) :D

I'm just kidding!!

I hope it's game related. I heard about other games doing that. But I'm getting a new one by next week, so im cool.
Warranty... Never used that so much.

Edit: crazy stuff. When I press start during the amg challenge to pause the game it calibrates the wheel. Holy. Now I'm confused. I might exchange the whole set now.

Thrustmaster come good for us on the crew told us to set wheel in PS3 mode on PS4 use pad for Sony UI and wheel will be recognised as a T500 and work And boy it does only share button dont work thats the chipped part but have pad at side if needed.

All i can say is on ps3 your wheel calibrates on boot up and then on game loading Ps4 only does on boot up not in game but now running in PS4 mode ours calibrate twice now like PS3 mode. Like I said the other day its a Sony issue but lets leave that be. LOL

I would definately get yours replaced while you have some time left quessing 5 to 6 weeks away.

Back