PS4: T300 GTE or T500RSPS4 

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 586 comments
See, that kinda crap keeps me away from Thrustmaster. Almost everybody I know that has one has a similar story to tell. Frankly, I could not have trust in their products to work reliably. Let alone keep working reliably until after the guarantee time runs out.

See, that kinda crap keeps me away from Thrustmaster. Almost everybody I know that has one has a similar story to tell. Frankly, I could not have trust in their products to work reliably. Let alone keep working reliably until after the guarantee time runs out.
yes, it looks like almost everyone is having problems with the wheel, so many failures, also in an italian forum 4 users, 4 wheels failures. damn... and there is nothing else for ps4..

The reliability is my only concern with Thrustmaster. My G27 has never has so much as a hiccup. I will pick up a T300 before Pcars is released mainly because it's the only serious wheel available on PS4. I'll be sure to buy only from a store that offers an extended warranty just in case.

My wheelstandpro arrived Thursday, so this afternoon I unboxed my T300 and gave it a try on GT6... big problem, the brake only registers 50% even though the pedal is to the floor. :(

Better get on to Amazon/Thrustmaster I suppose.

My wheelstandpro arrived Thursday, so this afternoon I unboxed my T300 and gave it a try on GT6... big problem, the brake only registers 50% even though the pedal is to the floor. :(

Better get on to Amazon/Thrustmaster I suppose.

I have had this with the add on pedals (T3PA) I purchased from Thrustmaster's site. My stock pedals worked fine. They are replacing my add on pedals (they are awaiting delivery as they are on backorder)

One thing worth checking is are you letting the wheel calibrate before pressing any pedals. It is supposed to do so automatically.

I am having a problem in Driveclub with my brake pedal, it seems like it is either on or off. I have not been able to check on anything else yet (nothing else available on PS4). I just thought I was a worse driver than I imagined. I am plugging in GT6 tomorrow to see if I have the same problem.

damn, i still have to read of someone without wheel failures.. i already miss logitech. Incredible to spend 300€ for this and bringing home just a bunch of problems. shame on thrustmaster.

damn, i still have to read of someone without wheel failures.. i already miss logitech. Incredible to spend 300€ for this and bringing home just a bunch of problems. shame on thrustmaster.

Yeah, I've read about a few people having the same problems as I've had. I'll be getting a refund in the hope that it's a bad production run and buy another set in the new year.

It's only the T300 suffering failures or also the T500 has reliability problems? Because i'm going to upgrade from my g25 to one of those and since the price difference is about 40€ here i'd probably take the T500 for the pedals and the stronger FFB

It's only the T300 suffering failures or also the T500 has reliability problems? Because i'm going to upgrade from my g25 to one of those and since the price difference is about 40€ here i'd probably take the T500 for the pedals and the stronger FFB
Personally I think you are right to choose the 500 over the 300. I have a TS500 for several months, originally bought to play GT6, but was not overly impressed with their FFB features. I also have used it for Driveclub and it is excellent with that game and really shows the individual differences between the cars and classes of car. I'm very happy with my TS500, very very happy and have not had a single issue with it, noting that this is a single person's experience not a quality control certificate so YMMV.

Sorry I was not clear about the last question. I mean to say this: If I have a keyboard setup to my PS4, would I be able to use it to a) enter text messages to other users in the lobby and/or b) use it to select other options that the wheel does not have enough buttons for? I hope this clears up the question, I will edit the main post as well. Thank you for your answer though :cheers:

The Thrustmaster T100 and T500 wheels works on the PS4, but only within the game. On the PS4-Dashboard you have to navigate with the DS4. And if you want to use the share-function you have to press it on the controller as well. Theres no remapping of those buttons, That is why the T80 & T300 RS wheels are listed as the only two wheels for PS4, but because they are the only two with Button Mapping, Share Function, and Dashboard Navigation in the wheel.

But at least its a pretty good deal to buy this wheel, with nice FF, for 80EUR

whole post at this link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Driveclub/comments/2ig77i/is_driveclub_supporting_the_thrustmaster_t100/

That is why the T80 & T300 RS are listed as the only two wheels for PS4 even though the other Thrustmaster wheels will function for thwe most part. I'm going to buy a Thrustmaster T80 until GT 7 comes out, then I will get a T300RS for $399.99, because I don't have the PS4 system yet, but I have until March 17 2014 that's when Project Cars come out, I don't want to have to use the DS3 and Racing Wheel together, I'm just picky like that.

Last edited:
The second thing @Brit999 asked is can a PC keyboard (either usb or bluetooth) be used to trigger commands in the console version just like they can in the PC version and all other PC sims. Stuff like start/stop engine or move seat up/down, adjust brake balance, change HUD.

Are there any other console games that support this?

I suspect the answer might be that text entry might be supported (like in Gt5/6) but driving functions might not. I would love to be wrong though. I believe gt6 supports keyboard shortcuts in replay mode

Last edited:
Hi, does anybody know if the T500 currently works for ps4? Or is it just the newer wheels? I have a g27 but I hear it won't work with ps4 and probably never will :(
That's how they get ya smh

Hi, does anybody know if the T500 currently works for ps4? Or is it just the newer wheels? I have a g27 but I hear it won't work with ps4 and probably never will :(
That's how they get ya smh

Here is what Thrustmaster Technical Support says about the T500 here is the link: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=3&fid=15&pid=317&cid=12

The key phrase is:

In the event of upward compatibility with PS4™ racing games, the T500 RS racing wheel will only be recognized in the game, and not in the console’s menus. Please note that the “SHARE” and “PS” functions will not work on the wheel in PS4™ racing games. Nevertheless you can still use your gamepad for these 2 specific functions
In other words, gamepad for negotiating around the menus, SHARE and PS buttons don't work, FFB works in game. Minor inconvenience, at least the wheel still works, unlike the Logitech/Fanatec wheels so far:mad:

Still got a few months anyway before pcars. Maybe logitech will give Sony their drivers so I don't have to buy a new wheel, or whatever's the case.

I don't want to Double post, so I'm Supplying a Link to my T300 post.
http://community.us.playstation.com...-the-Thrustmaster-T300RS/m-p/44731325#M672522

Long story Short.
Out of the Box Hooked it up.
No Brake function at all...

Didn't want to go through the hassle of sending it back, So I open them up to Find the Gears out of Mesh.
Fixed it. got it working..

These pedals are really cheap construction..

Even after my Spring Mod, I hate the pedals so much that I'm using my G27 pedals on the T300
$20 adapter to use Stock G27 pedals on the T300,

But In my case, I needed a new interface board because my G27 also has a Load cell upgrade on it.
So that was an extra $10 - So for $30 bucks I hooked up my G27 Pedals.

Love this Combination.. G27 Pedals on T300 Wheel base.

Only thing I don't like about the T300
button spacing poor. Not enough Buttons ( Needs 5 More )
And the Biggest thing..
It's not leather wrapped. Cheap Sticky rubber..

In this post I list all the G27 Pedal add ons
http://community.us.playstation.com...-the-Thrustmaster-T300RS/m-p/44725051#M672429

So if you are an Existing G25 or G27 owner..
I highly recommend the T300, and Get the Adapter so you can use your existing G series Pedals.

So I have tried and tried. I read everywhere about problems with the brake pedal and it seems like (on driveclub) the brakes are on or off. The other problem I have is that I seem to miss gears on the way back to one. I try to go 4th to 2nd or 5th to 3rd, or some other outlandish combination and the game just will not do it. I dont know how to explain. In GT5/6 (with my DFGT) I could brake, flappy paddle to the gear I wanted, the engine would rev down (while I am braking) and then take the gear I selected. It seems like DC wants me to get the engine revs up to the correct ratio before it will allow me to select the gear I want. Or maybe I have a broken wheel. Or I am a really rubbish driver.

(Admin: I posted here not the DC forum, this thread seems to have more specific sim input than the DC forum, and I started the thread and bought the T300. If my line of thinking is wrong please delete this post. Thank you for understanding.)

Still got a few months anyway before pcars. Maybe logitech will give Sony their drivers so I don't have to buy a new wheel, or whatever's the case.

Project Cars has on their website which wheels will work with which systems, Logitech Wheels will not work on PS4, ONLY with PC
Project Cars Compatibility List.png

or you can check for yourself http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html
I would sell that Logitech G27 ASAP, and use the cash to offset the price of A T300RS Good Luck .

So I have tried and tried. I read everywhere about problems with the brake pedal and it seems like (on driveclub) the brakes are on or off. The other problem I have is that I seem to miss gears on the way back to one. I try to go 4th to 2nd or 5th to 3rd, or some other outlandish combination and the game just will not do it. I dont know how to explain. In GT5/6 (with my DFGT) I could brake, flappy paddle to the gear I wanted, the engine would rev down (while I am braking) and then take the gear I selected. It seems like DC wants me to get the engine revs up to the correct ratio before it will allow me to select the gear I want. Or maybe I have a broken wheel. Or I am a really rubbish driver.

(Admin: I posted here not the DC forum, this thread seems to have more specific sim input than the DC forum, and I started the thread and bought the T300. If my line of thinking is wrong please delete this post. Thank you for understanding.)

Hi Brit. That's the way the gears work in Driveclub. Our real Mercedes C class has flappy paddles and it too won't let the lower gear be selected until the revs would be in range for that gear. You can still change down multiple gears if you're going slowly enough.

Hi Brit. That's the way the gears work in Driveclub. Our real Mercedes C class has flappy paddles and it too won't let the lower gear be selected until the revs would be in range for that gear. You can still change down multiple gears if you're going slowly enough.
Thanks John, I thought it was just me. I seem to be getting a little more used to the wheel and pedals. But that Ariel Atom is refusing to go where I point it!!!!!

All those problems with the pedals of the T300RS don't sound good. Am I right in saying Thrustmaster is aware of them and will have them sorted out once I buy my wheel come March so I won't have such problems? :D

All those problems with the pedals of the T300RS don't sound good. Am I right in saying Thrustmaster is aware of them and will have them sorted out once I buy my wheel come March so I won't have such problems? :D
I thought I had some problems with the set that came with the T300. They seem to be fine now I have got used to having no progressive resistance. I tried them with the PS4 Driveclub and took about 10 days to get used to them. I tried them on GT6 and was instantly happy using them (just like the pedals on DFGT).

As far as I know JohnScoonsBeard used the pedal set from the T500, with the progressive resistance Mod, he had a fault with those pedals which are being exchanged by Thrustmaster. I cant comment on how the pedals work with P Cars on PS4 as I am not part of the team, but I will be trying them out on "The crew" in the next 2 weeks and I will report back then.

I thought I had some problems with the set that came with the T300. They seem to be fine now I have got used to having no progressive resistance. I tried them with the PS4 Driveclub and took about 10 days to get used to them. I tried them on GT6 and was instantly happy using them (just like the pedals on DFGT).

As far as I know JohnScoonsBeard used the pedal set from the T500, with the progressive resistance Mod, he had a fault with those pedals which are being exchanged by Thrustmaster. I cant comment on how the pedals work with P Cars on PS4 as I am not part of the team, but I will be trying them out on "The crew" in the next 2 weeks and I will report back then.

It's actually the add on pedals T3PA (with brake mod) that the brake pedal broke on rather than T500 pedals. Thrustmaster are sending me a replacement. The standard T300 pedals work fine.

Ok, so I ll take the plunge, put my G27 on ebay and get a T300RS. The reason is that somebody at WMD offered us a bunch of unused T500RS pedals for a fantastic price. So I can have a good PS4-compatible wheel and a nice set of pedals (plus a spare set of shoddy pedals to weaken my biggest concern: pedal reliability) for about 200€ of extra cost. Sounds like an ok deal, even though its 200€ that I wouldnt have spent if Sony/Logitech would get their act together... or rather lay off the greed.

Last edited:
Ok, so I ll take the plunge, put my G27 on ebay and get a T300RS. The reason is that somebody at WMD offered us a bunch of unused T500RS pedals for a fantastic price. So I can have a good PS4-compatible wheel and a nice set of pedals (plus a spare set of shoddy pedals to weaken my biggest concern: pedal reliability) for about 200€ of extra cost. Sounds like an ok deal, even though its 200€ that I wouldnt have spent if Sony/Logitech would get their act together... or rather lay off the greed.
Thanks for the heads up, hopefully I can get a T500RS pedal set too and then I'm set. You can potentially get it for lower price the T300 wheel by getting the T300 GTE if you buy from Amazon and get them to match the price on Amazon.it through chat after ordering.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back