PS4: T300 GTE or T500RSPS4 

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 586 comments
As long as they keep exploiting seasonal workers from poor countries for minimum wages under horrible living conditions and hiring well known criminal neo nazis as security, I really dont care about how good their customer service is.

But this is getting off topic, back to the regular programme... :scared:

As long as they keep exploiting seasonal workers from poor countries for minimum wages under horrible living conditions and hiring well known criminal neo nazis as security, I really dont care about how good their customer service is.

Hard to know how other companies work, might be even worse...
Has your wheel been ok mate?
Haven't got around to opening up box yet as still got G27 and don't want to put that away as need to complete a couple of games that don't support the T300 wheel. Plan to make space to test it out temporarily this weekend though, hoping I receive Driveclub by then which will give me extra motivation to try wheel out. Amazon UK don't seem to have any stock at moment so if it doesn't work, I guess it will be a while before I get a replacement anyway if my wheel or pedals turn out to be faulty hence not in a rush.

lol

What did Amazon do? Their customer service is the best.

Thanks for the heads up, hopefully I can get a T500RS pedal set too and then I'm set. You can potentially get it for lower price the T300 wheel by getting the T300 GTE if you buy from Amazon and get them to match the price on Amazon.it through chat after ordering.

Their pricing on Amazon.fr is even better. 278.95 when I last checked.

Edit: with link :)
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00KSXV27O/

Last edited:
It's strange. Some shops have the GTE as more expensive as the RS, Amazon has it the other way around.

I m only doing it because I ll have a backup set of pedals this way. I would never trust Thrustmaster enough without that because while their wheels seem fairly reliable, pedal failure rate is horrendous.
still... lol

4 wheels, 4 GTEs --> 4 failures: 2 pedals & 2 wheels ( 3 out of the box not working, the other lasted 2 hours). my friends saved me cause i had placed the order too i was as able to delete it.

for those looking fot it like me i would suggest to wait. they have clearly something wrong in the production, the stocks on the market now are clearly faulty. off course early adopters pay the price.

4 wheels, 4 GTEs --> 4 failures: 2 pedals & 2 wheels ( 3 out of the box not working, the other lasted 2 hours). my friends saved me cause i had placed the order too i was as able to delete it.

for those looking fot it like me i would suggest to wait. they have clearly something wrong in the production, the stocks on the market now are clearly faulty. off course early adopters pay the price.

Yep, it's a shame, but I'm happy to wait for the next batch.

For what its worth, I ve tested my T300RS with the T500 pedals for the first time today and it works flawlessly. Consider my mind blown, not only because it actually works and wasnt broken out the box :D but also because with pcars its just pure FFB pörn. So smooth FFB, so detailed, yet so strong even at 75%... Holy hell, absolutely annihilates the G27 in every aspect. The motor is so much quieter, yet much faster and smoother and the fan only started up after more than 1 hour of pcars. These brushless motors really are the 🤬, period. Only downside: The rim is unfortunately coated in insanely grippy rubber instead of fake leather. Deffo need gloves for this or the skin on the inside of your thumbs will suffer.

The pedals are also worlds apart from the G27s. Have yet to try the brake mod that came with it, standard brake is very well dosable and the throttle is more precise too. Plus everything is industrial grade metal, really fantastic haptics and looks.

Yep, I m very happy so far, though I still despise the TM/Sony monopoly politics. You may now call me a hippocrite, but definitely a happy hippocrite. :D Back to the track, next stop AC then DC then The Crew...

For what its worth, I ve tested my T300RS with the T500 pedals for the first time today and it works flawlessly. Consider my mind blown, not only because it actually works and wasnt broken out the box :D but also because with pcars its just pure FFB pörn. So smooth FFB, so detailed, yet so strong even at 75%...

I'm soooooo jealous! :cheers: (genuinely)

The T300 is definitely better, so much more information delivered to your hands. The force feedback is incredibly smooth and you can really tell what the car is doing!
:lol:

Soooooo....
Would you guys say a T300 is an upgrade over the T500?
Different. Less powerful but smoother, more agile and more communicative.
If you like the power of the T500, you might well be disappointed in the T300 relatively. If you find the T500 unnecessarily powerful and also rather heavy, the T300's easy turning and agility will be a big improvement.

Outside of pure FFB: The T300 rim is obviously smaller (28cm versus 30cm diameter) although you do get paddles on the rim instead of static. And you'd want to keep your current pedals, since the T300 pedals are nowhere near as good as the T500 ones. Final benefit of the T300 is full PS4 support should that be relevant (T500 works in game with all known PS4 sims, but not in PS4 menus).

The T500 is much more damped in my opinion due to the friction of the brushed motor and possibly the belt system. The T300 feels quicker and less damped. Some prefer the damped heavy feeling of the T500 but I do not. The T500 is a fine wheel but once you have some time behind a brushless motor and that low friction feeling, its hard to go back, or at least it is for me. Friction is not your friend no matter how much you may like it, it robs power, creates heat and dampens the FFB effects. The T500 is still more powerful than the T300 but I would argue that most of what people think they feel with the T500's strength is also a product of more friction too. The wheel is harder to turn not just because its slightly stronger but because it has more friction. The T300 is so much smoother that it may feel like its not as strong but there have been plenty of moments with my TX when I hit a wall or got bumped hard by a another car that the force snatched the wheel out of my hand. I don't need more strength than that. The T300 just somehow feels more agile as @skazz said, that feeling of reduced friction means I can make adjustments quicker without fighting the friction of the wheel itself.

Just a quick extra comment: my experience with the T500 is that it frees up when used regularly and warmed up... Still not as free moving as the T300 but it makes a big difference.

To give you an idea, if you haven't used the T500 for a week and try the one finger spin test you won't get it much further than 180 degrees with a single push. Use it for a few hours regularly and you can spin it as much as 360 degrees from the same test. Strange (never had this on my Fanatec or T300 belt driven wheels) but hey. I used my T500 only for GT6 for months and found it very damped, then spent a while PC simming with it and realised that it needs plenty of running in and gets smoother and lighter. Guys with only a T500 are probably getting a better result than fools such as @Blkout and myself who have multiple wheels :)

Just a quick extra comment: my experience with the T500 is that it frees up when used regularly and warmed up... Still not as free moving as the T300 but it makes a big difference.

To give you an idea, if you haven't used the T500 for a week and try the one finger spin test you won't get it much further than 180 degrees with a single push. Use it for a few hours regularly and you can spin it as much as 360 degrees from the same test. Strange (never had this on my Fanatec or T300 belt driven wheels) but hey. I used my T500 only for GT6 for months and found it very damped, then spent a while PC simming with it and realised that it needs plenty of running in and gets smoother and lighter. Guys with only a T500 are probably getting a better result than fools such as @Blkout and myself who have multiple wheels :)

I also wonder if that "frees up after some use" isn't just motor fade since the motor generates much more heat than a brushless motor, there's likely some motor fade in there even if only a small amount but I do agree with you, it seems that way with my T500 also.

I'm starting to think I have a wheel addiction. I now have a Thrustmaster T500, TX, T300, Fanatec CSW v2.

Hi, guys.. Happy new year!
I am torn between 300rs and 500rs.

I am PS4 user. I like larger wheel but I heard t500rs clutch didn't work at the crew. Therefore, I am skeptical about ps4 and t500rs compatibility.

If t500rs worked perfectly with ps4, I would choose it.

1. 500rs solved clutch issue in PS4(the crew)?

2. How about fan noise of 300rs and 500rs?

3. 300rs can be price drop like 500rs in near future?

Hi, guys.. Happy new year!
I am torn between 300rs and 500rs.

I am PS4 user. I like larger wheel but I heard t500rs clutch didn't work at the crew. Therefore, I am skeptical about ps4 and t500rs compatibility.

If t500rs worked perfectly with ps4, I would choose it.

1. 500rs solved clutch issue in PS4(the crew)?

2. How about fan noise of 300rs and 500rs?

3. 300rs can be price drop like 500rs in near future?
There is a ton of information already in this thread that might answer some of your questions.

You might also try this thread if you don't get your answer on The Crew here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-crew-new-racing-ip-ubisoft.283142/

Getting the thrustmaster t300 for ps4,never used a wheel,is there a big learning curve?
Yes and no as @DrJustice hints at above. If you treat it like a controller, you will struggle, and by that I mean jerky movements, over steering, and making lots of mistakes and overcompensating with rapid back and forth movements, which the controller will allow you to do. If instead you treat it like a steering wheel and focus on being smooth, precise and maintaining control of the car so that wild corrections become unnecessary, you'll eventually wonder how you ever played a racing game without it. In other words, drive like a real car and you'll be just fine. And by all accounts, the T300 is an exceptional wheel, I think you'll love it.

Ok,thanks for the info,I havnt played many racing games since toca 3 on xbox,loved that game,was in a small club where we got together once a week for an hour race,but this game is looking to be alot like toca 3 so im ready to try,and its always seemed to me like a wheel would be better because you dont have to tap the thumb to go around corners lol,but ive seen people say the gte version is cheaper?

....but ive seen people say the gte version is cheaper?
I got the GTE version £70 cheaper that the RS version, from Amazon.

I use the wheel on PS4 with driveclub and can honestly say that once I got used to it I fell in love with it. The FFB is great, the wheel is quiet and the buttons and paddles on the GTE version are in really good positions. The pedals took a little getting used to after the so long DFGT on GT5/6, but once I got used to them they are a massive improvement.

I got the GTE version £70 cheaper that the RS version, from Amazon.

I use the wheel on PS4 with driveclub and can honestly say that once I got used to it I fell in love with it. The FFB is great, the wheel is quiet and the buttons and paddles on the GTE version are in really good positions. The pedals took a little getting used to after the so long DFGT on GT5/6, but once I got used to them they are a massive improvement.

The latest prices from Amazon UK (prime) are below
T300RS £253.39
T300GTE £268.33

So currently the RS is cheaper. I suspect it might vary depending on how much stock Amazon has.

Amazon Germany has them as follows.

RS €349 (£273.51)
GTE €324.64 (£254.10)

France
RS €347.55 (£272.38)
GTE €330.52 (£259.02)

Amazon USA only has the RS for £399 (£262)

Thrustmaster has both wheels priced expensively the same (£329)

Keep your eyes peeled before ordering.

I have the T300RS which was £249 at a time the GTE was £239 a few months ago.

Back