PS4: T300 GTE or T500RSPS4 

• Thread starter Brit999
  • 586 comments
The latest prices from Amazon UK (prime) are below
T300RS £253.39
T300GTE £268.33

So currently the RS is cheaper. I suspect it might vary depending on how much stock Amazon has.

I have the T300RS which was £249 at a time the GTE was £239 a few months ago.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I pre-ordered when they were out of stock, at £239. When it was released/re-stocked the price rose to £309. I hope others are just as lucky as I was!

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I pre-ordered when they were out of stock, at £239. When it was released/re-stocked the price rose to £309. I hope others are just as lucky as I was!

Yep, seems always the case when Amazon starts to run out of stock. I was able to order my T300GTE for €260 at Amazon.fr about two weeks before Christmas.

So, summing things up the T300 is the wheel to go on ps4, correct? And is a substantial upgrade from the DFGT i own, right?

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I pre-ordered when they were out of stock, at £239. When it was released/re-stocked the price rose to £309. I hope others are just as lucky as I was![/QUOTE
It was £239 when i preordered mine back in october, plus i had a £50 Amazon voucher saved up, quite a deal fo £189.:cheers:

So, summing things up the T300 is the wheel to go on ps4, correct? And is a substantial upgrade from the DFGT i own, right?

The wheel itself annihilates the DFGT in every possible aspect. I went from DFGT to G27 to T300 and the difference is mindblowing - the T300 is much stronger, yet smoother, much faster, much more precise, much quieter than either of the Logitechs and has the best shifter paddles I ve ever clicked. The pedals are only slightly better, but you can still upgrade them later by getting a brake mod or trying to get a set of T500 (absolutely love mine) or T3PA pedals.

Sounds promising! I hope i can manage to racket enough $$$ for it. What other PS4 options are available and how do they compare?

Sounds promising! I hope i can manage to racket enough $$$ for it. What other PS4 options are available and how do they compare?
I don't think you really have an alternative on PS4, without logitech T300 is the less expensive wheel you can get, and a quite good one too. There's also the T500 that's a little more expensive but came down quite a lot in price and has a better pedal set and a more powerfull but less precise FFB. If you already planned to change T300 pedals for better ones T500 can be a valid alternative option because it will come at a bit lower total price than T300+pedals

basically you don't have decent chaper alternatives. I tried the t100 with driveclub and it had an insane amount of lag and really poor feeling ( a downgrade from dfgt)
However buying the wheel before Pcars comes out and we verify how actually works (might be crap on consoles or have bad wheel implementation like shift2) is not the right choice if you're using it only for ps4. If you're not in hurry for some other game just wait.

Last edited:
The wheel itself annihilates the DFGT in every possible aspect. I went from DFGT to G27 to T300 and the difference is mindblowing - the T300 is much stronger, yet smoother, much faster, much more precise, much quieter than either of the Logitechs and has the best shifter paddles I ve ever clicked. The pedals are only slightly better, but you can still upgrade them later by getting a brake mod or trying to get a set of T500 (absolutely love mine) or T3PA pedals.
^^^This^^^ +100

For anyone who has the t500 and t300, do you think it would be worth buying a t300 for the base to replace the t500 base?
I bought the t500 over the t300 because of the pedals, combined with a th8a shifter seemed to be the ideal setup.
Though, reading about the smoother ffb and less long-term wear of the brushless system of the ffb with the t300 is appealing.

I primarily play pc sims aside from when Pcars comes to ps4 and drift as much as I race, if that makes a difference to an opinion on if it's worth it or not.

For anyone who has the t500 and t300, do you think it would be worth buying a t300 for the base to replace the t500 base?
I bought the t500 over the t300 because of the pedals, combined with a th8a shifter seemed to be the ideal setup.
Though, reading about the smoother ffb and less long-term wear of the brushless system of the ffb with the t300 is appealing.

I primarily play pc sims aside from when Pcars comes to ps4 and drift as much as I race, if that makes a difference to an opinion on if it's worth it or not.

I own a T300RS, T3PA pedal set and TH8A and upgraded from a DFGT so it was money well spent regardless of the PS4 wheel issue. However I did try a T500 beforehand on PC and in GT6. I found the FFB stronger than I needed and it was a bit less smooth than the T300 but still a great wheel. If you already have the T500 then stick with it for now (unless you have limitless funds). If the wheel ever breaks then get a T300.

I had a brake pedal fail pretty much straight away on the T3PA but that has been replaced and the new one is functioning well.

Incidentally in case anyone isn't aware, there is new firmware available for the T300 and TX wheels. Changes are as follows.

- Optimized cooling fan management (the cooling fan turns off quicker now when the motor cools down).
- Optimized wheel’s power supply management.

I cannot drift for toffee so will not give any advice there. Maybe I have a slightly better idea of where the grip limit is with this wheel but that's compared to a DFGT so I would expect that.

Does anyone know how PCars calibrates the pedals? My stock T300 pedals work perfectly with GT6, but have bigger deadzone in The Crew and Driveclub. I suspect that the way calibration works in the games has something to do with it

You press them fully, release them, then they should have 100% travel. Also you can set deadzones and sensibility for each of them in the controller options.

I assume you have a bunch of hours on your T500 by now and that it's smoothing up nicely as the belt and motor wear in?

Do you like the power of the T500, or have you turned it down quite low in game gain?
--To give an example, I assume you have Assetto Corsa. Are you running FFB as high as possible without clipping, which is probably between 70-80% gain assuming you have the driver settings on default, or do you have in game gain turned down a bit?

Basically the T500 is more powerful, and that power does feel fun. But the T500 really works best if you use all of the power it provides: setting it weaker loses the impact and slows down spin speeds considerably.

When comparing to the T300, the T500 is noticeably harder to turn due to greater internal resistance of the belt and motor, and you do feel a bit more notchiness when turning than with the brushless motor of the T300. If you like an agile free spinning wheel and can accept a bit less power, then the T300 is a better choice, especially for the guaranteed PS4 compatibility. If you love the power of the T500 and have got used to muscling it around and letting the FFB motors spin the wheel for you when drifting, then I really don't see the point of switching to a T300 base.

P.S. In my case I have my T500 on my console rig and my T300 on my PC rig, waiting for the T3PA to finally arrive in this country so temporarily using the stock T300 pedals. For PC sims I prefer the agility of the T300, but when I switch between wheels they definitely both have plus points. If I had to pick a single set I'd go for T500 pedals, T300 base, GT and PS rims and TH8A shifter (GT rim for driving cars with H-shifter, PS rim for race cars with paddles) as the best combination, however the T3PA may change my mind due to that improved brake so I'm waiting to see.

You press them fully, release them, then they should have 100% travel. Also you can set deadzones and sensibility for each of them in the controller options.

So if I understand you correctly it works like in Gran Turismo then?

Does anyone know how PCars calibrates the pedals? My stock T300 pedals work perfectly with GT6, but have bigger deadzone in The Crew and Driveclub. I suspect that the way calibration works in the games has something to do with it

Project CARS on the PC has a pedal calibration mode. You enter that mode, press each pedal fully, save and exit. Not sure how the console versions will work since it's not available yet. For games that don't have a dedicated calibration mode, the way it works is that the first time you press your pedals fully, that becomes 100% pedal travel but that just tells the game where your pedals start and stop. From there, some games have pedal dead zone adjustments which usually need to be set to 0%.

So hang on... will the PS4 allow you to use a T300 wheel with T500 pedals? If so, is that with an adapter or not?

(Not that I'll probably be able to get a set of T500 pedals by themselves!)

So hang on... will the PS4 allow you to use a T300 wheel with T500 pedals? If so, is that with an adapter or not?

(Not that I'll probably be able to get a set of T500 pedals by themselves!)
The stock T300, T3PA and T500 pedals all have an identical plug and are fully interchangeable.

The T300 has the same Mode button as the T500 to swap pedal orientation, which is only relevant for the T500 pedals.

Good to know. If I can't afford to get the Fanatec V2s and adapter, I'll see if I can find a set of those. Thanks.

Good to know. If I can't afford to get the Fanatec V2s and adapter, I'll see if I can find a set of those. Thanks.

Can you get an adapter that would allow the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2's to work with the T300 RS?! Sorry, meant to add, would this combo work on the PS4?

Last edited:
Can you get an adapter that would allow the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2's to work with the T300 RS?! Sorry, meant to add, would this combo work on the PS4?

It does work on PS4, the adapter is called a CPX and you can buy it from Basherboards but there is a waiting list to get one.

It does work on PS4, the adapter is called a CPX and you can buy it from Basherboards but there is a waiting list to get one.

Thanks! Never noticed that before.....need to buy the T300 RS first! But good to know that a good set of pedals are available albeit at a bit of a cost.

I live in Brazil and here the prices are insane to be taken as a factor to you guys, living in more civilized markets.

Some months ago, seeing the obsolence of the G27 that I had then, I went on searching for a T500. In the end got some awesome deal with a local gaming store that went bankrupt. In the end, the cost of my brand new wheel did came out as around US$ 200.

The thing is... the T500RS is amazing. On PS4, with Driveclub, it makes even a silly arcade racing game something really enjoyable. The FFB feel, the quality of the package are way out of the G27 league and I believe that the same applies to the T300. I was very skeptical about that Thrustmaster supremacy against Logitech anda I was obtusely wrong. They worth every cent.

Now I'm waiting to some local store go wrong so I can buy the shifter and the other rims...

Where's best place to get stand for t300rs??

If you're looking for something really solid the Next Level Racing stand is below (uk site, if you're elsewhere there are other stores). It's £139 but in my opinion worth the bit extra. Rock solid, folds up with everything attached , has a shifter attachment (left or right side included and can be upgraded to a full rig if you ever want to. You get what you pay for.

http://www.pagnian.co.uk/racing-sim...nd-for-g27-g25-t500-rs-fanatec-wheel-140.html

a_1.jpg

Afternoon all, just a quick question for those with the T300RS, could you tell me roughly the length of the usb cable that plugs into the pc/ps4 .

Thanks

Back