• 79 comments

35mm

~
Premium
Portugal
Leiria
jpfctf
jpfctf
Thought I'd create a thread specifically for next-gen consoles, where all discussions and media can be gathered in one place.

In other words, start posting those videos!

Has anyone tried their wheel on the PS5?

I swear I read that all previous wheels were compatible with the PS5 however I'm struggling to find the article now and wondering if I read it wrong!

Really hoping I dont need to buy a new wheel once I finally get a PS5

I swear I read that all previous wheels were compatible with the PS5 however I'm struggling to find the article now and wondering if I read it wrong!

I'll be trying my T300 by the end of the week. I'm confident it will work... cos they said it would... So maybe, just maybe it will... :bowdown:

Here's what you're looking for.

@CarreraGT
Care to share some videos?

Biggest question for me: Either console (preferably PS5), have replays been extended longer than 5 minutes/2-3 laps?

Biggest question for me: Either console (preferably PS5), have replays been extended longer than 5 minutes/2-3 laps?
The game has not been updated for PS5 or XsX so there will be no new features as such. The game is just getting a boost on PS5 and XsX due to each platform's backwards compatibility capabilities.

Last edited:
Tempting to buy it now in the Black Friday sale for my Xbox Series X. Played this a while a go on my One X but it was a disaster. It ran so bad.
Hopefully it's much better now on the Series X?

Tempting to buy it now in the Black Friday sale for my Xbox Series X. Played this a while a go on my One X but it was a disaster. It ran so bad.

It's a night and day difference on Series X. Definitely worth it.

Take a look at the post right above yours for the answer.

Well, the PS5 boys weren't lying... it really does seem like a rock solid 60fps now! Unbelievable.

I just ran 2 races round Spa (the worst-performing track on my base PS4) and I am very happy to say when going through Eau Rouge it was locked. Smooth as. Even starting last with 19 AI it didn't dip at all (to my eyes).

I ran the second race in a storm and once again it was solid. Wow. It really is transformative and will breathe new life into the game.

I did notice some judder during the replay, trackside cam 1 had small issues when the car was passing by, but cam 2 and all others looked fine.

The only real caveat to me is the resolution has dropped. Don't know to what, but everything looks less clear than the 1080p I had before. But to get a solid 60fps on PS5 is such a result!

Not hoping for a patch but I'm sure the resolution can be increased without performance drops, but that will depend on whether D3T have the impetus or not.

All in all, very happy indeed :)

(Oh and my T300 was plug and play without any issues either and the wheel moves much closer to 1:1 now. Hardly any lag. Nice)

Last edited:
Well, the PS5 boys weren't lying... it really does seem like a rock solid 60fps now! Unbelievable.

I just ran 2 races round Spa (the worst-performing track on my base PS4) and I am very happy to say when going through Eau Rouge it was locked. Smooth as. Even starting last with 19 AI it didn't dip at all (to my eyes).

I ran the second race in a storm and once again it was solid. Wow. It really is transformative and will breathe new life into the game.

I did notice some judder during the replay, trackside cam 1 had small issues when the car was passing by, but cam 2 and all others looked fine.

The only real caveat to me is the resolution has dropped. Don't know to what, but everything looks less clear than the 1080p I had before. But to get a solid 60fps on PS5 is such a result!

Not hoping for a patch but I'm sure the resolution can be increased without performance drops, but that will depend on whether D3T have the impetus or not.

All in all, very happy indeed :)

(Oh and my T300 was plug and play without any issues either and the wheel moves much closer to 1:1 now. Hardly any lag. Nice)
I’m not expecting ANYTHING from the delivers. Like you, I have a ps5 and notice the same things. They weren’t really fixing the issues the games had on the current gen systems (maybe they’re capped out and it was impossible), but I don’t see them doing anything for the next gen. I’m hopeful they got some good feedback on the game and can come out strong with a game built from the ground up on next gen. As it is now, the frame rate alone makes it totally enjoyable. It doesn’t look great, but frame rate is more important than GT Sport style visuals.

I wonder if this is the same thing that happens with the PS4 Pro when turning on the Supersampling Mode (and playing on a 1080p screen, which is what I have in my rig).

I mean, we could achieve pretty much 60fps in these conditions, but then the quality/resolution of the graphics would be PSVR-like.

I wonder if this is the same thing that happens with the PS4 Pro when turning on the Supersampling Mode (and playing on a 1080p screen, which is what I have in my rig).

I mean, we could achieve pretty much 60fps in these conditions, but then the quality/resolution of the graphics would be PSVR-like.
I'm sure it's the same as the Pro in terms of resolution, just now the frame rate is sorted. A shame as the hardware could easily output the game at a higher res, but for now we wait to see if a patch hits us..

I’m not expecting ANYTHING from the delivers. Like you, I have a ps5 and notice the same things. They weren’t really fixing the issues the games had on the current gen systems (maybe they’re capped out and it was impossible), but I don’t see them doing anything for the next gen. I’m hopeful they got some good feedback on the game and can come out strong with a game built from the ground up on next gen. As it is now, the frame rate alone makes it totally enjoyable. It doesn’t look great, but frame rate is more important than GT Sport style visuals.
Imo Kunos should bring a PS5 patch out with some DLC and give it a mini marketing campaign to bring in a fresh batch of new players.

Also has anyone tried AC on PS5?

So on PS5 now,this is the game it shouldve always been have? On par with PC version or close?

I cant see it ever being on par with PC , not unless they decide they want it to be and if the new consoles can handle it.
Would love to see full grids on console with all the bells and whistles but don't think its possible.

Jardier teased Aris about AC2 on his stream the other night. Now Aris could just be keeping his cards close to his chest, but he said something along the lines of there are no immediate plans to do another AC. I think they’ve looked at how popular the original still is, what with all the modding going on, so they’re not entirely convinced the demand is there for it yet. So hopefully they’re still fully behind ACC.

Pure speculation (and hope) from me, but because of that and the fact the new consoles could run this game properly, I’d like to think Kunos themselves might be looking at doing a full on next gen version...

With them being such a small team too, I can’t see how they’re working on AC2 as well as doing the 2020 content and upcoming British GT stuff. So hopefully we have at least another year of ACC support and content from Kunos.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I made myself clear in my previous post.

Right now, on the PS4 Pro, the game basically has 2 different graphical "modes".

1) When playing at "2160p" (or having Supersampling Mode turned ON a 1080p screen)
In this mode, the frame-rate is very smooth; I'd say pretty much locked at 60fps.
However, resolution (and other graphical features) take a great hit and the game looks awful. This is what I call PSVR-like graphics.

2) When setting your PS4 Pro to 1080p (or turning Supersampling Mode OFF a 1080p screen)
This mode basically has the original graphics as when the game was released: OK looking, but around at 30fps and suffers from frame pacing.

This doesn't make much sense, as it would be better if the game tried to target 60fps at 1080p (the compromises in graphic quality would be much less), but that's the way it is...

Personally, I play in option 2), as the game looks so bad in mode 1) that I simply can't take it. And also, I'm used to the 30fps now, so I tend to stick to this.

Anyway, with the above in mind, @bleeder, when you say that the PS5 hits rock-solid 60fps, which of the "modes" above are you referring to?
Can you share a bit more about your screen (4K or 1080p) and which PS5 settings you are running?

I'm not sure I made myself clear in my previous post.

Right now, on the PS4 Pro, the game basically has 2 different graphical "modes".

1) When playing at "2160p" (or having Supersampling Mode turned ON a 1080p screen)
In this mode, the frame-rate is very smooth; I'd say pretty much locked at 60fps.
However, resolution (and other graphical features) take a great hit and the game looks awful. This is what I call PSVR-like graphics.

2) When setting your PS4 Pro to 1080p (or turning Supersampling Mode OFF a 1080p screen)
This mode basically has the original graphics as when the game was released: OK looking, but around at 30fps and suffers from frame pacing.

This doesn't make much sense, as it would be better if the game tried to target 60fps at 1080p (the compromises in graphic quality would be much less), but that's the way it is...

Personally, I play in option 2), as the game looks so bad in mode 1) that I simply can't take it. And also, I'm used to the 30fps now, so I tend to stick to this.

Anyway, with the above in mind, @bleeder, when you say that the PS5 hits rock-solid 60fps, which of the "modes" above are you referring to?
Can you share a bit more about your screen (4K or 1080p) and which PS5 settings you are running?
There aren't any modes to choose from on PS5. You just install the game and boot it, there's nothing else that can be done. The PS5 doesn't have a boost mode or super sampling mode, you just run it was whatever your display can handle.

I'm using a 58" 4K Panasonic LED and the PS5 is outputting a 4K signal at 60hz.

I'm convinced all the console is doing is running the PS4 PRO version of the game, but with less frame drops (I only had a base PS4 before so the difference now is massive). I wouldn't be surprised that the Pro aims for 60fps but doesn't hit it as much as the PS5 does.

In short, it's really smooth but the resolution has dropped from what I had before. You can see it on the dash, on the HUD, and especially on the cars, which lose a lot of detail in the distance.

If D3T can just release a next gen patch that simply increases the resolution, at least back to 1080, if not 1440p, then I'm sure the hardware can still push those frames to 60fps.

Hope that helps

Edit: I will try to force my PS5 to output at 1080 just to see what happens to the game.

Last edited:
Edit: I will try to force my PS5 to output at 1080 just to see what happens to the game.
This is exactly what I was about to suggest next. Curious to see what happens.

Thanks. 👍

This is exactly what I was about to suggest next. Curious to see what happens.

Thanks. 👍

Yes me too, think I suggested it on the Kunos forums but yet to hear any results. Very intrigued to hear the results bleeder.

Edit - just seen this from a user in the Kunos forums. Even more intrigued to hear if you get the same result bleeder.

“So i got PS5 today and i can confirm PS5 version of ACC is REALLY blurry, probably below 720p.The only fix is if you put your native PS5 res to 1080p but then you get error and disconnect every 10min in Acc.”

Last edited:
I’m surprised to hear about sub 1080p resolution. Looks like I’ll be holding off until at least they patch it for next gen. How is the multiplayer population? I still like pCARS 3 for daily rivals, but online is not very busy anymore, so would like a decent online racer that is more realistic than GTS that doesn’t look bad.

The problem here is that, even when discussing the same system (PS4), not everyone is playing the game with the same graphics settings (and worst of all, they don't even know it) and therefore the reactions will be very different and random.

But as far as I can see, the PS5 is simply delivering the same results as the PS4 Pro (on a 4K screen): 60fps, but with subpar resolution. And, to be fair, that's what's expected without any kind of patch.

I'm hoping that, at least, we'll get a smooth, rock-solid 30fps (without frame pacing) on the PS5 set to 1080p.

The problem here is that, even when discussing the same system (PS4), not everyone is playing the game with the same graphics settings (and worst of all, they don't even know it) and therefore the reactions will be very different and random.

But as far as I can see, the PS5 is simply delivering the same results as the PS4 Pro (on a 4K screen): 60fps, but with subpar resolution. And, to be fair, that's what's expected without any kind of patch.

I'm hoping that, at least, we'll get a smooth, rock-solid 30fps (without frame pacing) on the PS5 set to 1080p.
Based on the benchmarks I've seen, it should be running above 60 fps (most of the time) at 1080p on PS5 (considering it's pretty close to RTX 2070, if not better). Here's one reference video I've seen with maximum settings and it only dips to low 50s in the beginning:

I guess with weather and rain that could be worse, but still.

EDIT: Found a 1440p running at night with rain on mostly High settings on GTX 1080 (inferior to PS5). Result? Average of about 55 fps in the beginning and 63 fps once the cars spread out.

In any case, it kind of blows my mind how badly this game runs.

Last edited:
Back