PS5 & Xbox Series X|S Thread

• Thread starter 35mm
  • 79 comments
You can check the video. Stuttering is the most annoying thing for me. The video looks a bit optimistic after my tests but it's very similar.

LOL, it's already here, sorry.

Last edited:
So I picked up my copy yesterday and was immediately turned off by how low the resolution is on PS5. Definitely sub 1080p, possibly 720p?

I changed the system resolution via the PS5 system menu to 1080p and this improves the resolution in game, probably locking to 1080p now.

I wish I didn't have to manually fix the resolution via the system menu to achieve this but the results speak for themselves.

So I picked up my copy yesterday and was immediately turned off by how low the resolution is on PS5. Definitely sub 1080p, possibly 720p?

I changed the system resolution via the PS5 system menu to 1080p and this improves the resolution in game, probably locking to 1080p now.

I wish I didn't have to manually fix the resolution via the system menu to achieve this but the results speak for themselves.
Yeah, i have the same problem, have to put it to 1080p otherwise its blurry like hell.
Did you played competition servers on PS5? How is the population, are they full? Im coming from GT sport

Either way, I'm glad there's a way to crisp it up, even if the process is a little long-winded. Looks so much better set to 1080p.

That's interesting, it works out of box on Xbox. Strange thing is I am not able to use lower resolution for games like PS3 could. I am not sure how it is with PS5.

Or maybe PS3 needs the game support too.

Last edited:
After a bit more testing I've concluded that the unpatched disc version of this game is significantly better than the patched version.

If you own the PS4 disc version and you only play this game off-line, I would recommend playing the unpatched version on PS5. The graphics are superior, especially the lighting it looks way better and the resolution still hits that dynamic 1800p target that PS4 Pro offers. Also the framerate is still locked to 60fps from what I can tell.

The patches severely reduce the visual quality and the resolution of this game, making it almost impossible to read the text of breaking points and banners until you're like 2 meters away from them. Its just a big muddy mess.

I personally have no interest in the online racing for this title as it appears mostly dead in my country anyway so I'll be playing the unpatched version. Its literally a night and day difference.

As I mentioned above, on the patched version you can attempt to alleviate some of the issues of the patched version by forcing your PS5 to output at 1080p but IMHO this is still less appealing than just playing the game without patches as you lose the improved graphics and lighting that the unpatched version offers out of the box.

Last edited:
After a bit more testing I've concluded that the unpatched disc version of this game is significantly better than the patched version.

If you own the PS4 disc version and you only play this game off-line, I would recommend playing the unpatched version on PS5. The graphics are superior, especially the lighting it looks way better and the resolution still hits that dynamic 1800p target that PS4 Pro offers. Also the framerate is still locked to 60fps from what I can tell.

The patches severely reduce the visual quality and the resolution of this game, making it almost impossible to read the text of breaking points and banners until you're like 2 meters away from them. Its just a big muddy mess.

I personally have no interest in the online racing for this title as it appears mostly dead in my country anyway so I'll be playing the unpatched version. Its literally a night and day difference.

As I mentioned above, on the patched version you can attempt to alleviate some of the issues of the patched version by forcing your PS5 to output at 1080p but IMHO this is still less appealing than just playing the game without patches as you lose the improved graphics and lighting that the unpatched version offers out of the box.

What you lose with the unpatched version?

How do you stop the game from updating though?

sounds good, ill give it a try this weekend!

been doing that with FIFA16 disc version (but for the gameplay)! best this gen on console, imo, but i'm drifting off topic! ;)
What you lose with the unpatched version?

i would like to know that too! what are we loosing? what mayor flaws/errors got fixed via patches compared to the PS4 vanilla disc version?!

Found it to be quite stable (i.e. no crashes) on PS5, its quite smooth until AI starts pitting and then I see glitches as I pass the pit area.

Finished a race last night and on the podium screen none of the cars had wheels...

Its a lot better than running on PS4 which would give me a headache after about half an hour.

@invetedevo i reinstalled ACC again and found out: you are right.
Graphics do look scrip in 4k now.

I’m asking, what have they done?!
And im asking again, what am I missing when not patching? Anyone got an idea what mayor flaws got fixed along the patch way?

Last edited:
@invetedevo i reinstalled ACC again and found out: you are right.
Graphics do look scrip in 4k now.

I’m asking, what have they done?!
And im asking again, what am I missing when not patching? Anyone got an idea what mayor flaws got fixed along the patch way?
You’ll be mainly missing out on the new tyre model as well as other physics tweaks.
Also I don’t think you’ll be able to run gt4 or British gt on the unpatched version.

You’ll be mainly missing out on the new tyre model as well as other physics tweaks.
Also I don’t think you’ll be able to run gt4 or British gt on the unpatched version.
Thanks for the answer!
Guess that’s too much of a loss here for me, as physics are an important part of why I enjoy this title so much.

Got this game for free, but haven't played it yet. Trying to decide if I should bother.
Seems like PS4 version still hasn't been updated for PS5? Anyone know if they said anything about it?

Also, can anyone please tell me where does it sit on controller enjoyment scale (considering PCARS2 as a bad example and PCARS3 as a good example)?

Got this game for free, but haven't played it yet. Trying to decide if I should bother.
Seems like PS4 version still hasn't been updated for PS5? Anyone know if they said anything about it?

Also, can anyone please tell me where does it sit on controller enjoyment scale (considering PCARS2 as a bad example and PCARS3 as a good example)?
Yes, you should bother playing It, and if you have a PS5 you will have it at solid 60fps allaround.
Even with some issues and bugs It offer a great simulation,physics and sound.

About specific "Next Gen" version/upgrade, no news, already some months without updates and they took away the seasson pass of play store and xobx store without any explanation either.

On controller It just great, near GTS /and PCARS3 but you Can disable countersteer filter help here.
I've tried the out of box setting and It is joyfull to play on a pad.

But on wheel It is a complete diferent sensation.

Last edited:
Yes, you should bother playing It, and if you have a PS5 you will have it at solid 60fps allaround.
Even with some issues and bugs It offer a great simulation,physics and sound.

About specific "Next Gen" version/upgrade, no news, already some months without updates and they took away the seasson pass of play store and xobx store without any explanation either.

On controller It just great, near GTS /and PCARS3 but you Can disable countersteer filter help here.
I've tried the out of box setting and It is joyfull to play on a pad.

But on wheel It is a complete diferent sensation.
That sounds promising, thanks for the info!

Well I should have looked here before buying a PS5, one of reasons to upgrade was to finally play this game in higher res and 60 fps. But it looks the same or even worse than on base PS4. I really hope there is a curent gen version coming soon.

Even old games like Ride 2, F1 2017-20 looks amazing on PS5 compared to PS4, what did the developers do to mess this up?

Well I should have looked here before buying a PS5, one of reasons to upgrade was to finally play this game in higher res and 60 fps. But it looks the same or even worse than on base PS4. I really hope there is a curent gen version coming soon.

Even old games like Ride 2, F1 2017-20 looks amazing on PS5 compared to PS4, what did the developers do to mess this up?
You need to set ps5 output to 1080 BEFORE loading up acc. You will then get much better level of detail at a steady 60fps.

It’s important to set resolution first before loading the game otherwise it will load up less detail and look mushy. Makes a big difference.

It actually runs far better than the base PS4 version. Like night and day. Still worth keeping in mind that this is a PS4 game. A native PS5 version is coming and will look better.

Back