PS5 & Xbox Series X|S Thread

• Thread starter 35mm
  • 79 comments
Based on the benchmarks I've seen, it should be running above 60 fps (most of the time) at 1080p on PS5 (considering it's pretty close to RTX 2070, if not better). Here's one reference video I've seen with maximum settings and it only dips to low 50s in the beginning:

I guess with weather and rain that could be worse, but still.

EDIT: Found a 1440p running at night with rain on mostly High settings on GTX 1080 (inferior to PS5). Result? Average of about 55 fps in the beginning and 63 fps once the cars spread out.

In any case, it kind of blows my mind how badly this game runs.

Second video is ACC version 1.1.2....
Quite some optimation work has be done by Kunos since then back, now it's on 1.6.1 with several climate change and optimization.

PS5 is between a RTX 2060-RTX 2060 Super

Stated by a PC dedicated website.

But don't forget a console is more or less mounted as a laptop, with smaller CPU and GPU with less energy consumption, that make also a difference with an normal PC.

This game runs better on a mid PC than PS4 PRO/ Xbox one X that this Gen struggles with quite some unreal engine 4 based games

Add also that the console port company is known for bad portings and support.

But sure that they could improve a bit the performance on a PS5.

I've not committed to buying either console yet , I will go PS5 later next year but I thought it would do 1440p or 2k at 60fps with a mix of mid and high graphics settings.
If the PS5 has the equivalent to a 2070 super id of thought you would see over 100fps at 1080p easily.

Ahh sorry just realised you said 2060 and 2060 super

Last edited:
PS5 GPU is comparable to a 2060 Super in Ray Tracing performance and about 2070 Super in non-ray tracing performance. As far as I understand, ACC is not using ray tracing, so it should be easily doing 1080p 60 fps with Epic settings or 1440p 60 fps with High. Of course, that would require a proper patch, but that’s the level of performance we’re talking about, not 1080p/30.

The problem here is that, even when discussing the same system (PS4), not everyone is playing the game with the same graphics settings (and worst of all, they don't even know it) and therefore the reactions will be very different and random.

But as far as I can see, the PS5 is simply delivering the same results as the PS4 Pro (on a 4K screen): 60fps, but with subpar resolution. And, to be fair, that's what's expected without any kind of patch.

I'm hoping that, at least, we'll get a smooth, rock-solid 30fps (without frame pacing) on the PS5 set to 1080p.
Have just tested the game with my PS5 set to 2160p, 1080p and even 720p and it's locked at 60fps on all of them, and still looks low res and blurry no matter the resolution. Things like the telephone wires at Kyalami look really jaggy now, indicating a lower res. Have no clue what it runs at but wouldn't be surprised if it's now either 720 or 900p.

Last edited:
Goodness me. Well here’s hoping they really are doing a full on next gen version of the game. Anyone with even the slightest bit of interest in Gran Turismo will be hankering for a proper racer on PS5 right now. There’s potential for this to be a big seller with the quality game that’s hidden there on last gen. But the window to do it is small. Needs to be before GT7 is released.

I was playing on an Xbox One S, and the game looked horrible. It played ok, but I had to actually concentrate so I didn't look around while driving.

Now I have a Series X and the world is a LOT better. Trees at Spa actually look like trees! I doubt it's running at 60fps since it's not as crisp as FH4, but it's certainly an upgrade on Xbox.

I was playing on an Xbox One S, and the game looked horrible. It played ok, but I had to actually concentrate so I didn't look around while driving.

Now I have a Series X and the world is a LOT better. Trees at Spa actually look like trees! I doubt it's running at 60fps since it's not as crisp as FH4, but it's certainly an upgrade on Xbox.
Did you say trees? Really,do you actually drive around doing 150 MPH looking at trees? We should get them to make the real trees driving simulator and throw in some rocks and streams perhaps.What a game breaker that is!

Did you say trees? Really,do you actually drive around doing 150 MPH looking at trees? We should get them to make the real trees driving simulator and throw in some rocks and streams perhaps.What a game breaker that is!
Yes, I said trees.

It was only an example that I could actually make out that something was out there. I suppose I could've used something more relevant like, oh I don't know, like other cars or the next turn. Simply put, it was all blurry before. Sure it felt good enough with a controller, but visually it gave me (and others) a headache.

So yeah, when I booted it up on my Series X and I clearly saw actual trees, it kind of was a big deal.

I suppose not all of us are as good at driving without ever looking out a window as others. Me? I prefer to actually see beyond the dashboard and wheel. Just like real life.

Last edited:
Yes, I said trees.

It was only an example that I could actually make out that something was out there. I suppose I could've used something more relevant like, oh I don't know, like other cars or the next turn. Simply put, it was all blurry before. Sure it felt good enough with a controller, but visually it gave me (and others) a headache.

So yeah, when I booted it up on my Series X and I clearly saw actual trees, it kind of was a big deal.

I suppose not all of us are as good at driving without ever looking out a window as others. Me? I prefer to actually see beyond the dashboard and wheel. Just like real life.
Really? Stretching it a little.

Played on PS5 for first time a few days ago, I'm loving the better frame rate, solid throughout and no drops, but now the lower resolution is a bit more stark and that is something that needs addressing. The PS5 could easily handle a less restrictive resolution in combination with the 60fps and more than 20 cars on track too... hopefully something is on its way!

Goodness me. Well here’s hoping they really are doing a full on next gen version of the game. Anyone with even the slightest bit of interest in Gran Turismo will be hankering for a proper racer on PS5 right now. There’s potential for this to be a big seller with the quality game that’s hidden there on last gen. But the window to do it is small. Needs to be before GT7 is released.

I think the PS4 version is already massively improved on PS5, so not sure there is any great rush to release a PS5 version.

Yes the graphics aren't a patch on what Gran Turismo 7 will be, but with the (significant) bump in frame rate makes the gameplay is brilliant.

For context, I sold my initial copy of ACC after about 10 minutes of gameplay on PS4 as the frame rate and graphics were unbearable. After hearing of the improvements on PS5, I picked up a new copy and can't put it down.

Last edited:
[B]@danardif1[/B] I've seen a few people say this and am curious as to what resolution it is. Is it running at 1080P like base PS4 or 1800P like PS4 Pro?

I have exactly a week to wait until my PS5. Finally secured one yesterday. Can't wait!

Last edited:
[B]@danardif1[/B] I've seen a few people say this and am curious as to what resolution it is. Is it running at 1080P like base PS4 or 1800P like PS4 Pro?

I have exactly a week to wait until my PS5. Finally secured one yesterday. Can't wait!

I don't know for sure, I'd say from memory there are less jaggies etc than on my base PS4 but I don't know specifically... I'd say that its probably running the Pro version as that seems to be the way the back compatibility works.

I've not committed to buying either console yet , I will go PS5 later next year but I thought it would do 1440p or 2k at 60fps with a mix of mid and high graphics settings.
If the PS5 has the equivalent to a 2070 super id of thought you would see over 100fps at 1080p easily.

Ahh sorry just realised you said 2060 and 2060 super
2060 Super theoretical max is 8.1 teraflops vs PS5 at 10.3 tf. So we should be seeing PS5 able to whip the RTX 2060 in rasterisation performance.

Digital Foundry, as always doing superb work. They have a great vid out now looking at equivalent PC performance in AC Valhalla: (318) Assassin's Creed Valhalla: PS5 vs PC Graphics Analysis + Optimised PC Settings - YouTube

For those not wanting to watch the video, the summary is that in this game, the PS5 is sitting above a 2070 Super and below a 2080 Ti. This is not a ray traced title of course.

It will vary depending on game engine of course. Some game engines favour nVidia over AMD and vice versa.

Last edited:
Why can't i delete my driver profile, i'm stuck on beginner assists can't see where to change them, can't drive with the assists on full.

Last edited:
I have discovered (thanks to someone who replied to a YouTube comment of mine) that if you switch the PS5 to output 1080p instead of 2160p before launching the game it really does sort out the blurry look of it all and actually looks really nice and crisp!

Previously I had only tried changing these settings after the game was launched and it made no difference at all, but as I said, my Pro tip to PS5 users is to change the console res first.

Really plays like a dream on more powerful hardware.

I have discovered (thanks to someone who replied to a YouTube comment of mine) that if you switch the PS5 to output 1080p instead of 2160p before launching the game it really does sort out the blurry look of it all and actually looks really nice and crisp!

Previously I had only tried changing these settings after the game was launched and it made no difference at all, but as I said, my Pro tip to PS5 users is to change the console res first.

Really plays like a dream on more powerful hardware.

This isn't helping me not buy the PS5! Im trying to hold off for a while but its becoming increasingly difficult!

This isn't helping me not buy the PS5! Im trying to hold off for a while but its becoming increasingly difficult!
Haha sorry! But the difference is so large between how this particular game runs on the 2 generations. I'd say of all the games I've tested on PS5 ACC is the one game that really needed the extra power.
I don't think it runs as well on Xbox though which is a shame.

Haha sorry! But the difference is so large between how this particular game runs on the 2 generations. I'd say of all the games I've tested on PS5 ACC is the one game that really needed the extra power.

Also considering I'm on the base PS4.

Its been a long time since it released.
I do hope they released some next gen specific patches to optimize the game for next gen users. Im sure they could push it a little further with such stout hardware.

Also considering I'm on the base PS4.

Its been a long time since it released.
I do hope they released some next gen specific patches to optimize the game for next gen users. Im sure they could push it a little further with such stout hardware.
They certainly need a patch that outputs a higher resolution, or at least allows us to keep the console outputting 2160p and have the game look crisp. That doesn't work right now.

But regular fixes have slowed right down, with bugs still present since launch. To me it would seem easier to patch for next gen with higher resolutions & textures than to patch bug fixes etc

To put the game in context, I've gone from single digit/unplayable frame rate through Eau Rouge (to the point where I couldn't really even race at Spa) to a locked 60fps everywhere even in heavy rain. Night and day.

Last edited:
They certainly need a patch that outputs a higher resolution, or at least allows us to keep the console outputting 2160p and have the game look crisp. That doesn't work right now.

But regular fixes have slowed right down, with bugs still present since launch. To me it would seem easier to patch for next gen with higher resolutions & textures than to patch bug fixes etc

To put the game in context, I've gone from single digit/unplayable frame rate through Eau Rouge (to the point where I couldn't really even race at Spa) to a locked 60fps everywhere even in heavy rain. Night and day.
Roll on Christmas Day, my wife has me a nice ps5 sized box wrapped under the tree just waiting for this!

Roll on Christmas Day, my wife has me a nice ps5 sized box wrapped under the tree just waiting for this!

source.gif

I'll give a little Xbox perspective since I recently upgraded from an older Xbox One S to an Xbox Series X. It's night and day as well. What used to be mushy blobs of visual goo is now much cleaner and crisper. Ok, so I exaggerated the blobs of goo, but still it didn't look good at all, which was distracting at times. It's much, MUCH better on the Series X.

I'll give a little Xbox perspective since I recently upgraded from an older Xbox One S to an Xbox Series X. It's night and day as well. What used to be mushy blobs of visual goo is now much cleaner and crisper. Ok, so I exaggerated the blobs of goo, but still it didn't look good at all, which was distracting at times. It's much, MUCH better on the Series X.
Everyone's a winner :cheers:

What bothers me it's finally playable on XSX but with some scenarios only, like time trial without any other cars. But still not good while racing - stuttering. Console should handle it and I hope it will be better after patching. I love lapping on my own so it's not a deal breaker for me. ACC has great potential on consoles. We'll see.

I'm reading conflicting opinions on next gen. I have an Xbox Series X but I originally purchased my ACC on PS4 Pro.

I was thinking about buying the game on the Xbox series X to see if the new hardware made a difference because, while I love the physics, I can't stand the visuals and the stuttering. It hurts my eyes.

I'm reading conflicting opinions on next gen. I have an Xbox Series X but I originally purchased my ACC on PS4 Pro.

I was thinking about buying the game on the Xbox series X to see if the new hardware made a difference because, while I love the physics, I can't stand the visuals and the stuttering. It hurts my eyes.
Someone I work with told me it was a bit choppy on his SX, but in my experience it's incredibly smooth on PS5.
Both consoles should be able to handle it really, but I'm sure it's going to be far better than on last gen nonetheless.

It's definitely better on XSX from X1X but it's not enough. If you are alone it's what I want. So don't worry but don't expect flawless races.

Someone I work with told me it was a bit choppy on his SX, but in my experience it's incredibly smooth on PS5.
Both consoles should be able to handle it really, but I'm sure it's going to be far better than on last gen nonetheless.
Exactly, I hear that too. I am not sure I can trust them tho. It looks like Xbox back compat is a bit weak now.

Back