Public Online Community Behavior?PS4 

Depends what you are looking for. In general... terrible!

But there is a group of people, that can be found on servers in the darkest corner of the PSN universe, that are only interested in clean racing and hard banter(ing).

spooky is right, but i must say lobbys are thinning out a bit,... had the last couple of weeks not so much idiots online,.. think they moved to need for speed or too something else :dunce:

I played on a pub server last week, one guy parked on a corner blocking the track the whole race.

I played on a pub server last week, one guy parked on a corner blocking the track the whole race.
08f.png

Just tried it out, it seems as if as long as you're at the front part of the field and are great at dodging trolls, the online can be pretty enjoyable, kind of disappointing that the field is limited to 16 drivers though.

Just tried it out, it seems as if as long as you're at the front part of the field and are great at dodging trolls, the online can be pretty enjoyable, kind of disappointing that the field is limited to 16 drivers though.

I can't comment to much. I havnt played PJC online but ive read enough to know it seems to be a kamikaze of 12 year olds throwing there toys out the pram when they get left for dead by sim racers lol

Having said that. Ive had PLENTY of online races playing GT6 where if possible id happily reach threw the screen and grab players by the throat!
Its about finding a group of individuals who want to have good clean races.

I know id rather finish mid field and clean then to finish 1st and dirty.

Public rooms can get pretty rough. Sometimes I think it's better just to start at the back and let the morons sort themselves out.

I'vd had some pretty good races after joining a PS4 community. I think the on I joined is GARVA or something like that.

Whenever someone dive bombs the first corner on the first lap, I'm always shunted and spun into a wall. Then I have to wait until everyone leaves so I can go...FML
Public rooms can get pretty rough. Sometimes I think it's better just to start at the back and let the morons sort themselves out.
Makes sense, as whenever I qualify mid or front field, I'm shunted and starting in last.
Wish there was a livery editor, so I could put a photo of Justin Bieber at the back to scare off other drivers from shunting...

I have been blown away by how utterly rubbish the online community for this game as been...speaking about general public lobbies of course.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out who buys a racing sim with no desire to actually race. Like, I get being crappy and being in the way, and I get losing your cool in the moment....but there are people who actually just play the game to troll people. On average, I would say Gran Turismo's online community was 100x better than PC.

I still have fun though. If I can't be first into T1, I basically pull over, let everyone pass, and then carry on. I still usually end up 5th or 6th by the end of lap 1, and usually finish top 3 :lol:

Last edited:
These comments are for clean racers, trolls stop reading now ;-)

I hate online lobbies because of the already stated bad attitudes by a lot of people.

But you have to do 50 races online and finish in the top 3 to get a trophy and be able to earn your platinum. BTW it took me nearly 75 races to do this so be wary.

The trick I found to finding better lobbies was to search on "Pro" and find people that had all assists turned off. These mostly were a lot better because the idiots never made it past the first two corners and then just rage quit. Quite funny when you think about it :-)

So it was easy to qualify in the top 3 or 4 and as long as I could survive the first corner it was then quite good.

The only issues then were if the room owner was some sort of super brat and thought that he was better than everyone else and so had to punt me off to get the win.

The interesting thing about this is that once I was concentrating on only getting podiums as opposed to outright wins it became far more enjoyable. Especially when the hotshot that had to win at all costs usually made a mistake and would hand me an easy win :-)

I hope this helps.

Back