PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

I'm in, not sure I can make every race.

R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo)

I'm confused about car selection though.

New banner:
R3FiuYH.png

Thanks Ed,
Great job :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm in, not sure I can make every race.

R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo)

I'm confused about car selection though.

You should be getting a PM from twisted soon asking for your top three picks.

How did you find the cars, balance wise Jeff? I think we are pretty close.
Of the 5 people who have submitted their car choice, they have all selected a different car as their first selection.

If everyone is able to send in their car selections ASAP we could even allocate the cars before the pre season race. Of course you are entitled to wait until after the race if you wish.

They are really close at this point.

Lexus may need something more and the MR-S

The Altenzza has terrible handling doubtful it will be picked.

I just did some quick laps around Suzuka East (nice and short for the lazy tester lol) with a few of the cars, including the MR-S and Altezza. Both of them seemed to be on par with the Spoon S2000, which I have driven the most out of all the cars. The extra downforce on the MR-S keeps it planted. The Altezza, while understeery, is still strangely fast. It may not be the most enjoyable to drive, but it's still just as fast as the others.

Don't underestimate the Altezza. As WiiFreak wrote, it generates some very good lap times. And I think it has the highest straight line speed. My biggest issue with it is the 5-speed gearbox, so got to use different gears than used to around the track.

I'm hoping to get some hard testing done this week, there's a few cars like the Celica I think might need a random PP thrown at them to help keep up yet, but including the Altezza, it's a really nice field imo.

Something I noted over on Pure, is that I tested the Altezza at 20/25 aero, and with the 40kg's all on the rear, which certainly helps it's cornering and exit punch. (very understeery stock)

Dom, if while testing you could throw together a base tune for each car, i am sure everyone would be very thankful.

He means join any room whenever one's up to run some practice 👍

Twisted: If you think I am good enough sign me up. BOB0011

Nice one Bob, you are certainly clean enough. Welcome aboard, click on the link in the OP to sign up to PURE, you will need to in order to be included in the league tables etc.

I would like to sign up, but will not make it to the pre season race. And the only car i have is the lexus wedssport so it dosent matter which one i get.

Room open
1472-6681-3158-0101-1422
EDIT : I have left but room left to Joshua1994, sersjanten90,johnkiller2,dragonwhisky and skengdigi

Last edited:
Not sure if I may of missed it, but could some of you guys post times in each car? Noticed im a second faster in the Garaiya hitting 46's easily at Fuji compared to low 47's in the Lexus. Maybe that can be dialled out with a base tune but I suck at tuning so there'll be no hope there!

Back