PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

Not sure if I may of missed it, but could some of you guys post times in each car? Noticed im a second faster in the Garaiya hitting 46's easily at Fuji compared to low 47's in the Lexus. Maybe that can be dialled out with a base tune but I suck at tuning so there'll be no hope there!

My best lap in the Subaru '03 was 47.3.

Dont remember the times i set but the Celica was quite competitive id say .
It's a question mark in my mental booklet is all. I know it was certifiably slower than the Lexus in WSGTC3/GATE, but haven't since tested it head to head against other cars or the new build of the Lexus. (except Motegi, which had every car I drove within .3 on the new test specs)

I'm out of oil, so my house is pretty cold atm, but as soon as I get oil or gather more testicular fortitude, I'll have base tunes up, which I suspect will greatly improve the Subaru line's lap times.

EKTuU.png

6jBFD7w.png

Division 1 Room #
1472-6118-3744-3750-9868
Division 2 Room #
1472-6118-3744-3750-9861

Qualifying order

gate13.jpg

Pre-race briefing | Fuji Speedway F | Pre-Season Race

6jBFD7w.png

Event information - Saturday, January 26th

Qualifying deadline: 19.00 UTC | 11.00 PST | 14.00 EST

Connect time: 20.00 UTC | 12.00 PST | 15.00 EST

Green Flag time: 21.00 UTC | 13.00 PST | 16.00 EST

Division 1 host: owensracing Division 2 host: twistedfirework
Race distance: 150 km - 32 + 1 laps

Vehicle inspections begin at 20.45 for grid preparation, please do not chat during this time.
Field will then line up in qualifying order after a track reset in order to set the grid for the race.
Race beings and the formation lap roll will commence.

6jBFD7w.png

picture.php

6jBFD7w.png

A staggered double-file line is used for our rolling start for the first lap after which the race will begin at the start/ finish line.
oQpyV.png
( First time pole sitters will be contacted for confirmation of the following regulations)
  • Pole sitter will begin on the left side of the track.
  • Even number position qualifiers will be on the right side lane of the formation. Odd number qualifiers will be in the pole sitters lane on the left side.
  • Once the GT5 race countdown has completed and the race event has begun all drivers must hold position and wait for confirmation from the host to proceed. Use your handbrakes, sit silently, report any suspicious latency between cars or lag jolting/skipping. After the host has given the go ahead all drivers will begin to slowly form up in qualifying order. The leader must act as gatherer, they must not pre-maturely advance from the group, it is their job to keep the pace slow enough until all cars are in position then proceed to formation speed.
  • Even pace at 100 kmh / 62 mph,
  • The pole leader must wait for the grid to line up behind them completely on the start straight before starting the race by applying full throttle at the start/finish line.
  • No weaving is allowed during formation lap.
  • You must not overlap the car ahead of you.
  • Do not pass any car until you're past the point the pole sitter started the race at.
  • Jump starters will be given warnings or penalties depending on severity.
  • If a driver is damaged on formation then the damaged driver must communicate this through text chat and continue at a reasonable speed to the pit area. The other cars will continue on as normal and the damaged car(s) can join the group as they come around for their first lap. At this point the formation lap will continue on for a second lap after which the race will begin. If it happens once more, the same contingency will be applied and a third formation lap will go on. After this, no more "formation restarts" will be acceptable and the affected drivers must either retire or start far behind the group. Drivers experiencing extreme lag will be asked to leave so the other drivers can race.
  • If, for any reason, a driver misses the formation start and stays behind still on the track the race will not go on, it must be restarted to eliminate the obstacle.

6jBFD7w.png
RPK4tUO.png

6jBFD7w.png

≡Track Notes ≡

Track boundaries for all races in GATE 2 are universally defined as follows:
The white lines along the edge of the track are considered to be the track boundaries. These lines continue onto the rumble strips at each corner. At no point should there be no more than two wheels over those lines/rumble strips. two tires must remain in contact with the track at all times. The preceding defines the "track." hard surfaces beyond white lines and curbing/rumble strips such as concrete, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track. White lines, curbing/rumble strips are track and even if you only have two tires on their very edges (to be reviewed and confirmed by as steward) it will be considered clean.

This rule is, of course, also pertinent to both regular season qualifying and the group qualifying to be held especially for the pre-season event. And this also applies to marked pit lane entry and exit lines. Do not cross them.

6jBFD7w.png

≡Host Inspection Guide ≡

Procedure -
Reset track. All cars must be off track, in the lobby, check for the wrench icon denoting drivers changing settings. Advise drivers to not speak or go into settings and commence inspections. If any drivers go into settings during checks, they must be restarted. All cars will be inspected at the same time. Before checks begin, set the number of laps or any other required race settings.

Proceed with inspection.

• Weight checks are conducted first for the cars that must carry ballast.
    Set the weight and call the cars to track in this order:
    1. 1200kg
    *Lexus IS350
    2. 1040kg
    *Toyota Altezza Touring Car*
    Performance point checks are carried out next.
    Set the room to the following PP, then call cars to sit in their pit stalls, in this order:
    1. 453pp
    2. 491pp
    *Lexus Wedssport IS350 '08*
    3. 493pp
    *Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza '03*
    4. 499pp
    *Spoon S2000 Race Car*
    5. 500pp
    *S2000 LM Race Car*
    6. 502pp
    *RE Amemiya RX7 '06*
    7. 503pp
    *Toyota Wedssport Celica '03*
    8. 509pp
    *Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08*
    9. 516pp
    *Toyota Superautobacs MR-S '00*
    *Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '03*
    10. 519pp
    *Subaru Cusco Dunlop Impreza '08*

Following performance point checks are power checks.
    Set the room to the following settings, then call cars to track, in this order:
    1. 295hp
    *Toyota Superautobacs MR-S '00*
    2. 305hp
    *Toyota Wedssport Celica '03*
    3. 315hp
    *RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX7 '06*
    4. 325hp
    *Autobacs Arta Garaiya '03*
    *Autobacs Arta Garaiya '08*
    *Spoon S2000 Race Car '00
    *S2000 LM Race Car*
    *Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza '03*
    *Subaru Cusco Dunlop Impreza '08*
    5. 345hp
    Lexus Wedssport IS350

6jBFD7w.png

Car choice is open for this race, although it would be make sense to use the car you selected as your 1st choice.
Unable to race this week
TnJF
R1600Turbo
Ealirendur
JoeTruckV8
basse-101
cam_from_nj

Last edited:
No worries Joe. Thanks for letting us know.

Room open 1472-6118-3787-3246-2210
Room passed to johnkiller2

Last edited:
Koleen/Ppsn Kolden73 I signed up , the first day you announced the race, but have been busy with some other matters. Is it to late to jump now? Subaru 08, if not Weed 08, 3rd I guess Garaiya 08

Last edited:
twisted, I will be sending you my wish list Friday morning via email. Testing them tonight. Thanks.

Koleen/Ppsn Kolden73 I signed up , the first day you announced the race, but have been busy with some other matters. Is it to late to jump now? Subaru 08, if not Weed 08, 3rd I guess Garaiya 08

Can you get online now in the room above? If you can , run a few laps with the guys in there 👍

@grazbo : ok, thanks.

Last edited:
room not found. I guess I was a bit to late. I`ll be watching the thread Friday. Koleen

I'll be on tomorrow night Koleen. 👍
One-nighter testathon. :) (not teste-thon) :P

I'm also interested in joining this series. I know it's a bit short notice.

Welcome,
I will send you a pm asking for your car choices 👍

EDIT : Practice and qualifying room open
1472-6681-3716-3558-6931

Last edited:
twistedfirework
Welcome,
I will send you a pm asking for your car choices 👍

EDIT : Practice and qualifying room open
1472-6681-3716-3558-6931

I might have missed something else...are we qualifying for tomorrows race? If so, I'll start from the back.

Speaking of that who are the qualifying stewarts? Also ill add I'm Pst so if any stewarts are online pst nights or Saturday mornings that would be great to know who they are?

Speaking of that who are the qualifying stewarts? Also ill add I'm Pst so if any stewarts are online pst nights or Saturday mornings that would be great to know who they are?

They are all listed in the OP,

There are now three types of Pure official:
Marshal - our eyes in the race and what used to be known as qualifying "stewards." They can report incidents they are not involved in. All officials above this position are also considered acting Marshals in that they can also run qualifying sessions.
;Biffy (GTP_Biffy)
;carracerptp(carracerptp)
;DA6righthand (DA6righthand)
;Green (GTP_GREEN)
;Iforcev8 (iforcev8)
;Josh_F (Josh_F_1998)
;joshua1994 (joshua1994)
;Michouw94 (GTP_MichMich)
;MÜLE_9242 (MULE_9242)
;OwensRacing (OwensRacing)
;Paginas1 (Paginas)
;Petros (tpe_rus)
;R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo)
;Sail IC (johnkiller2)
;SG15 (SG15)
;WiiFreak (WiiFreak)
;will-i-am (Trajikone)
;PhaedrusSocrates (PhaedrusSocrates)
;SkengD (skengdigi)​

Steward - only a select few number of members that will work with each other in order to investigate and settle matters of incidents during races, if a steward is involved in the incident the rest of us will make a new thread in which we will debate the details without them. They were chosen by experience and able dedication and the list can change at any time. Contact them or the Core members in order to follow up on your incidents during racing.
;Aderrrm (GTP_Aderrrm)
;cicua (cicua)
;CSL (GTP_CSL)
;ealirendur (GTP_ealirendur)
;outlaw4rc (outlaw4rc)
;GV27 (GV27-)
;paulmac2k9 (GTP_PaulMac)
;RIP_Welsh_Don (GTP_Welsh-Bain)
;SuperSic (tony1311)​

Core members - these are your administrators, have final say on all incidents (again, unless they're involved in one of them), and dedicate themselves to driving the future of Pure in its racing and its expansion. In GATE 2 we will be the rule makers, discipliners, and will be the ones responsible for completing all penalty reviews for a race and posting the summary for them in the main GTP thread.
;Dennis (chorda)
;Dr_Watson (TnJF)
;Litchi (GTP_Litchi)
;Twistedfirework (GTP_Twist)
;Wardez (Wardez)​

twistedfirework
You have until 2 hours before the ace to qualify.

I saw that...just didn't think there'd be qualifying for the preseason. Regardless, if I don't get a chance to Q tomorrow, I'll start from the rear if that's ok.

Any Marshals, Stewards or Core going to be around tonight before 9:30 EDST for a q run? While not strictly necessary, I figure it might give me some experience with the process for the future.

Thanks.

Racing and qualifying on Fast tire wear.
Someone should be on, if a room isn't open, just post in the thread 👍
@DA6 ok, no problem.
The reason for the qualifying is for those that have never used this system before to have a go.

Traditionally, it's not a good idea for me to host a room since my upload rate is pretty much at the lower end for broadband. Will keep an eye on thread and check FL for open rooms once I log that account.

Qualifying.

Jashugan01 - Subaru Impreza '03
1:48.943
1:49.487
1:49.025

Kolden73 - Subaru Impreza '08
1:48.089
1:48.487
1:48.593

Twistedfirework - Subaru Impreza '03
1:48.140
1:47.448