PURE | ZR1 vs Zonda R Championship | Round 3 | Saturday, September 15t

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 153 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Practice room open :

1472 - 6681 - 3200 -9599 - 5118

It's my first test with this car, I'll use the setup in the OP

And Tim, can you remove mcfizzle from the sign-ups?
Thanks.

done.

oh, and why move things to photobucket rather than using the direct gate19 addresses?

829310d7.jpg

us-eu-ryder-shield.png

???

Practice room open :

1472 - 6681 - 3200 -9599 - 5118

It's my first test with this car, I'll use the setup in the OP

Room is now closed
Nice running with you guys. After I became host I picked up time, about a half second consistently. Weird.

What times did you guys hit?

I'd be happy with a 1:25..

Tony hit 1'25"301 :scared:

As you, I'm in 1'26"1 so next time I'll try to change your setup. I hope to run around 1'25"8:tup:

And will isn't so far :sly:

I plan to open a practice room in an hour or so. Anyone interested?

I'm interested but can't join.. :(
Got a busy schedule at home today..

Perhaps around this time on Friday?

ROUND 1 SPECIFICS | INDIANAPOLIS ROAD COURSE

Schedule (Times):

Saturday, August 18th
Room Opens: 7.15 AM (GMT)
Bhp/Weight/PP Checks: 7.35 AM (GMT)
Group 1 Quali: 7.40-7.48 AM (GMT)
Group 2 Quali: 7.50-7.58 AM (GMT)
Host put in Quali Times to PURE Racing Site: 7.58 AM (GMT)
Race Start: 8.05 AM (GMT)

Track Specifics

* 2 wheels on track/white lines/rumble strips at all times.
- Only corners worth mentioning is the last righthander before entering the oval and the fast righthander that connects the infield to the oval.
Make sure to not cut or go wide. 2 wheels on track at all timed.

* Pit Stops

-Entering the pits.
Make sure you do not cross 2 white lines entering the pit lane. There's a solid white line along the entire pit entry. You can't enter the pits without crossing it. BUT make sure you do not cross 2 solid white lines. If you turn in to the pits too late, you'll be crossing 2 solid white lines, and that's subject for penalty.

-Exiting the pits.
Make sure to stay well right inside the solid white line separating cars on track and cars comming out from the pits.
If this line is crossed and as a result interfere with cars on track in any way (yes, if a car brakes, turns, slow down or on any other way is affected), a penalty can come as a result.
Same goes for cars on track.
Basically, the one who cross (be it the car on track, or the car who exit the pits) the solid white pit exit line is concidered guilty in case of any kind of incident.

Race:

Track: Indianapolis Road Course
Laps: 42 + 1 (Formationlap)

Will not race:
joetruckv8

I expect 10 drivers on track for Round 1.

AND MOST IMPORTANT:

Have fun and respect eachother out there. 👍

Looking forward to see you guys on track! :cheers:

PURE Group :gtplanet:

Last edited:
Signed. :)
I'll be online practicing if anyone wants to join. Yes it is 6:10 AM, what of it? :P

Dennis? (I see you) :P

Last edited:
So glad you signed up Dom! 👍
Racing at 4 AM ain't strange at all..

I'm really tired tonight, I'll try to have a short night and wake up tomorrow before the race.

If you don't see me it's just that i'm still sleeping :indiff:

Ok. But don't forget to set your alarms.
We're only going to be 10 counting you two, so I really hope you'll make it. 👍

An alarm clock.. 💡 ;)

Come on guys.... Wake up for the alarm. :)
If I can do it from now, you can. :P

Some regrets for this round, I think I was able to finish 2nd so I don't know why I pitted 2 laps early, maybe because I wasn't really wake up :lol:

Then, When I left the pit, I took a damage in the first turn :ill: It was my punishment for using a bad strategy :sly:

In the last stint, I had done 5 1'26'XXX so I finished the race with 694bhp instead of 719

I was unlucky so I really enjoy this Pagani, nice series 👍

How/where do I change that!
Just crop the pic in Photobucket to 800 width?
I was planning on croping them anyway. 👍

I use imageshack, but I select the 800X600 size, they fit the forum very nicely Den.👍 (I upload them in that size, regardless of original size)

Very rough race for me, I was held by traffic for most of the first stint, then glanced at the speedo at just the wrong time entering turn 1, slammed the brakes but nipped the wall. Light damage and only 10 seconds lost, but it caused an almost spin a shortly after.
After that I hit the fuzz, couldn't nail a lap, kept screwing up and loosing chunks of time through tire set 2.
I finally decided screw it and changed to a 3 stopper and fortunately, the pit stop brought me out of the fog I was in, ran pretty fast and clean to the finish, even finally cracked the 25 I was expecting.
Look forward to being more practice at Daytona. :)

Hi Tony, and congratz on your outstanding performance in the opening round of PZZC. I guess many had you as favourite to come out on top from this one. How do you feel? And how do you handle the pressure? You're ice cold and seem to never even be close to crash or push it too far, imo, a tru master at balancing the car on the limit but never pass it. How is that possible over a 175 km race?

Thank you, it feels great to start the season with a win. The pressure is always going to be there and the only thing you can do is practice as much as you can and make yourself comfortable with the car. Today i was lucky to get in my ''comfort zone'' very early in the race so i never had to push really hard, i just had to focus on the tirewear.

What was your strategy before the race? Did you decide on a 2-stopper early or did you decide that as the race went on? What made you chose the 2-stopper?

Definetly 2 stopper. Pit lane is too long here so i wanted to limit the number of stops. The option of 1 stop was impossible so 2 was the most logical choice.

It looked like your setup was pretty much spot on. Perhaps a tad too much rear wear. Tell us about your setup, please. :)

Given the fact my hotlap pace was good, and i was confident for pole, i decided after the morning practice to tone down springs and dampers and add a little positive toe on the rear to make the car less edgy and more rear tire friendly. It turned out good, but as you said i had rear tirewear problems on my third stint despite that.

You broke the draft early on, that must've been something you really wanted to do since it's quite easy to stay close to a faster driver due to the huge straight?

Exactly. My first objective in every race is to break the draft as soon as i can so i can concentrate on tirewear. Today it worked out great and everything was easier for me after that.

And since you've been a part in creating these cars/specs, how do you like your Zonda? Seems like it's really close to the Vette on the other side?

I didn't race side by side with any ZR1, so i can't really tell from today's race. Indy suits the Zonda pretty well due to its flatness so i think Team Europe had the upper hand on this one, at least in terms of fresh tires pace. As the tires wear down, the ZR1 is always going to be stronger and that's what i expect Team USA to focus their strategies on in the future.

Congratz on your win, I bet Team Europe are proud of you on a day like this. :cheers:

Thanks again, see you @ Daytona.

30AD51C9-DABD-4DB9-84CE-A8390E213D8C-250-000000E1015CFC67.jpg

PURE Group :gtplanet:

Awesome interview. Had a big smile reading it. Great racing guys. Congrats Tony! Lucked out with my pit strategy. Was very happy to a least get the ZR1 a podium. Another lap CSL would've made it a 1 2 3 zonda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back