PURE | ZR1 vs Zonda R Championship | Round 3 | Saturday, September 15t

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 153 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
also race at my place its at 4am so i would ask with all respect to chorda to maybe bump it to like 4am or 5am GMT for next races!

Room number: 1472-4711-0038-4892-0759

Weight/PP/Bhp checks start @ 7.35 AM GMT.

Welcome! :gtplanet:

I know better than to race when work hasn't allowed me a single practice lap all week, just hard to sit out when hal;f the field can't be bothered to show.
I even tried staying out, and the second time tried to sit in the pits, but GT5 knew better.

Last I knew, pausing took you into the pits, not swerved you away from them.
Probably more irritating is the second crash was caused by the DFGT's piss-poor excuse for a tuning dial leaving me entering turn one desperately trying to re-adjust my bb from the 5/0 I needed on bad tires. (It likes to not work whatsoever, or jump my bb 5 points in one click)

Not sure if I'll ever turn another lap in the Zonda, that's 1,2,3,4 times I've driven it, and loathed it's pathetic excuse for grip every single time. Hell even Tony wrecked the damn thing.:eek:

Last edited:
Good race fellas. Sorry to hear about the trouble CSL. My dfgt does that as well. If I try to adjust on the fly it won't go down or jump 4 points. Sometimes it'll go up instead of down. That sucks. I have to pull up on the knob and turn sometimes.

Had a good battle with Den and Husg for some laps then crash on lap 14 :(. Had to make an extra stop. Not for that I would have been racing for 3rd.

For the fuel it was weird I definitely will start adding a little more like said in the room. Ran out of fuel on the last section. When I pitted on 2nd stop it said I only need 7L. Then on my extra stop it said I needed more. That was off there. Then I still ran out.

Congrats Tony. Also to the podium finishers.

Yeah Dom.. I was expecting a grid of 10.. driftking9 and Wardez could'nt race.. But 4 guys did'nt show.
Green and Litchi posted here. No prob guys. I figured you guys were a sleep.

PhaedrusSocrates and JoetruckV8??

I had not much practice at all, and the Zonda is defenetly a hand full.
But I still think the skill it requires to drive is a fun challange.

And if I caused Hurqvarman damage in turn 4, it's all on me. No doubt.

Had a pretty good race as a whole actually..
I managed 3rd by PURE luck tough.. Hurq_GTPlays crew was a bit too cheap with the fuel.. Managed to pass him by practically nothing to the line.
Really nice to see Sail IC on track.
And my pit strategy was not the best.. Went for 3 stops, but should've gone for 2 it seems.

I really REALLY hope we'll have a better turnout next week.

Winner interview comming up shortly. Stay tuned. 👍

Good race today. I hardly ever drive on this track, T1 is such a difficult corner, and the chicane is pretty scary too. So the strategy was given. Be careful, don't push things, and try to stay out trouble. Worked pretty well even if it was a bit lonely driving around by myself for most of the time.

Yeah, the track is huge.. It's a similar feeling as Nordschleife and LaSarthe in that aspect.. If you're on your own, you're on your own..

Hope next round will have more door to door racing. 👍

hey denilson can you make race time (GMT) a bit better for the people living in the states, i mean there is a big advantage european people have, all the people at the states are tired when its like 2,3,4 am in the morning., i would have much respect for you if you could tweak the time by a bit!

Good race today. I hardly ever drive on this track, T1 is such a difficult corner, and the chicane is pretty scary too. So the strategy was given. Be careful, don't push things, and try to stay out trouble. Worked pretty well even if it was a bit lonely driving around by myself for most of the time.

hey johnkiller2 i remeber you from the WSGTC preseason races you were the fastest guy out there

At least for me, the difficulty in the Zonda isn't handling the car exactly, it's handling the car with it's terrible tire wear. Just babying the car around (1:40.xxx laps) I still wore the rears down almost twice as fast as the fronts, with an under-steer based tune. Without breaking the rear loose at all.(until the tires got bad)

It's more of a combo of the ridiculously fast tire wear combined with no grip. And Tony wrecked it twice.:eek:
If I can get practice for the next race I might have a shot at a decent finish.:lol:

I had pretty even weare actually.. Almost 50/50 I'd say.

Last edited:
First session at Suzuka: 1:54.563

Don't know if that's good or bad, but the lap felt pretty good.. 53's is doable for a mortal I guess.. ;)

Interview with Tony after his 2nd win at Daytona: enjoy!

Denilson
Hi Tony, and gratz on your second concecutive win in the PZZC! I was'nt surprised though, and I guess no one actually was. How did you experiance the race? Quite lonely I guess, even though Johan (Sail IC) did'nt finish too far behind. Did you have doubts at times that you'd come out with the win?

Thank you. It was indeed quite lonely but the car is so demanding and fast that it never gets boring. My plan was to go for two stops and manage my tires as good as possible. First 2 stints were ok but after a few laps on the third one i got worried about my fuel even though i had some extra put on on the last stop. So in order to secure the win i decided to push in order to get the gap from ~34 to ~40 seconds and then have a stop 4-5 laps before the end. Unfortunately my rear tires worn out a bit faster than i thought they would and i spun with 4th gear exiting the kink after T1. No damage but my plans were screwed. Keeping the revs low in the last few laps proved sufficient and in retrospect i think that maybe i was a bit too cautious.

You said last time that you're initial goal is to break the draft as soon as possible, and you managed to brake loose after only one lap, perhaps mostly because Dom (GTP_CSL) made a mistake at T1 on the 2nd lap, but that must've felt good for you since Daytona is a track where it's "easy" to keep up in the draft. Like "Draft past prior T1, make it hard to pass on the infield, stay behind once back on the oval again, and so on". What went on in your mind once you realised that you were on your own?

I was lucky in that aspect because with the Zonda you don't want to have to push to break the draft as even 1 fast lap can tear you tires and strategy apart. After that i was just focusing on my original plan.

The race was not the most eventful race from any point of view I guess, was it lonely out there? And when it's lonely, what keeps your concentration up? Do you put up small "goals" like fast laps and such, or are you focused on winning, and nothing else?

It is a good question, as with a car like this you are not allowed to have any concentration lapses. With other cars i might go for fast laps or play with the break balance when i get lonely. With the Zonda, when i realize i might not be fully concentrated i just go into safe mode meaning i exit corners one gear up and brake a bit early for every corner. Is sound too simple but it does the job.

You won WSGTC 3, and recently got the prize dilivered (R-Seat racing rig), how do you like it? Is it possible that I'll find 1 sec a lap if I purchase one? :sly:

It is a good product with the biggest advantage being the full adjustability. If you come from another rig, you might find a couple of tenths in raw pace and be a bit more consistent and comfortable all down to the great seating position this rig can offer you.

And finally, what do you think about Suzuka? I, for one know how fast you're there. It seems like a track you really enjoy?

You know how most people will tell you Spa is the pinnacle of all race tracks? For me that track is Suzuka. It has it all, a twisting, carrying momentum first sector, heavy braking, fast bends, no run-off areas and most importantly it won't let you rest at any point of a lap. I'm looking very much forward to the race.

Congratz on your win in Round 2! Let's hope for a better turnout and better door to door racing. 👍

Thank you !

PURE Group :gtplanet:

Unfortunately something came up and I wont be able to atend any of this week races :/ (I should ad "again" when it comes to this particular series...grr)

Hi guys, sorry I won't be able to take part for next race. I plan to go near germany this weekend...

see you soon

Ok. Thanks for the heads up. 👍
See you at the Motegi race then. :)

597f112c.jpg

ROUND 3 SPECIFICS | SUZUKA CIRCUIT

Schedule (Times):

Saturday, September 15th
Room Opens: 7.15 AM (GMT)
Bhp/Weight/PP Checks: 7.35 AM (GMT)
Group 1 Quali: 7.40-7.48 AM (GMT)
Group 2 Quali: 7.50-7.58 AM (GMT)
Host put in Quali Times to PURE Racing Site: 7.58 AM (GMT)
Race Start: 8.05 AM (GMT)

Track Specifics

* 2 wheels on track/white lines/rumble strips at all times.
- Only corners worth mentioning is Dagner 1 (Fast righthander after Dunlop), and the Casio Chicane.
There's also huge off-track tarmac areas in T1-T2 and at 130R. Do not use them to gain any kind of advantage. Those areas are there to help when trying to avoid incidents etc. Use the for that, nothing else. 👍

Make sure to not cut or go wide. 2 wheels on track at all times.

* Pit Stops
-Entering the pits.
Make sure to keep the car under control when entering the pits. There's situations when you loose control in the narrow pit entry, and the AI can't get you put of there for quite some time. It will not only ruin your own race, but also ruins the race for any driver who enters the pits while your AI trying to get the nose in the right direction.
If your close to another car, make sure to stay right after exiting the Casio Chicane.

-Exiting the pits.
On your way out from the pits, make sure you do not cross the solid white pit exit line.
Cars on track carry much more speed, so in order to avoid accidents, respect the lines.
Any driver (the one on track, or the one exiting the pits) can recieve a penalty for crossing the solid white pit exit line if the move interferes in any way with a driver on the "correct" side of the line.

Race:

Track: Suzuka Circuit
Laps: 31 + 1 (Formationlap)

Will not race:
* Husqvarman
* PhaedrusSocrates
* driftking9?

I expect at least 9 drivers on track for Round 3.

AND MOST IMPORTANT:

Have fun and respect eachother out there. 👍

Looking forward to see you guys on track! :cheers:

PURE Group :gtplanet:

Not the best quality, but wanted to share this lap from my practice earlier today. 👍

I'll be getting some practice shortly if anyone would like to join me.

I'm in bed, getting my precious rest before the race. Just hope my pace is ok. Not a clue, cause no matter how good it feels, someone is always faster.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back