Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

  • Thread starter Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,995 comments
  • 3,477,645 views
At least, I don't know.

VIP is basically buying used LS400s (or any other depreciated Japanese prestige car) and putting trashy wheels on them and giving them an inch of ground clearance and putting frilly pillows in the backseat.
 
At least, I don't know.

Take a Japanese sedan and modify it to look like something someone very famous and with a lot of money (a VIP) would own/drive.
 
:lol: I was just referring to northwest Houston
 
Don't know if this has been posted.
1526175_611442692237703_2047633377_n.jpg


My friend seems to be obsessed with S-Chassis's with front end swaps... And won't stop bothering me with them... :grumpy:

1487357_611473712234601_1215205575_n.jpg

1525434_611472462234726_1149337780_n.jpg
 
I really like the Firebird front end. I'd have that as a track car.
 
The Firebird front end belongs on a Firebird front end. 'Nuff said.
 
I wonder if there are more miatas with LS swaps or S chassis with front end swaps
25924d1134684614-finally-new-nice-s13-front-end-conversion-new-240zx.jpg
 
Don't know if this has been posted.


My friend seems to be obsessed with S-Chassis's with front end swaps... And won't stop bothering me with them... :grumpy:

1487357_611473712234601_1215205575_n.jpg

Wait, wat?
 

I remember when this happened! Felt like so long ago, but it was 7 years ago as per the time stamp. The only time I've ever watched Formula Drift. Silly drift cars.
 
Why do people put fake fender vents on their cars?
00b0b_4Snp0fKkvxy_600x450.jpg


I just always found trucks lowered this much odd looking tbh.
01111_b9OSL205yQu_600x450.jpg
 
^ Because it is cheap and kind of sport look. Lower trucks look odd to me when it isn't done properly or there is like one thing missing. It is usually a West Coast kind of thing also.
nismo_2004-Nissan-Titan-Concept-004_2.jpg
 
Ewwwwwwww I never understood the lowered truck thing. Especially the sideways license plate holder they all seem to do.

10172884_20108317752.jpg
 
IMO a lowered truck is about as stupid as a lifted truck that doesn't get used as a lifted truck.

Never seen a sideways plate like that before, I'm surprised that's legal.
 
^ Because it is cheap and kind of sport look. Lower trucks look odd to me when it isn't done properly or there is like one thing missing. It is usually a West Coast kind of thing also.
nismo_2004-Nissan-Titan-Concept-004_2.jpg
Ah, that seems about right. Yeah, I personally would only lower a truck if I were to take it to the track and it would be around a sensible height. Also, that's quite interesting; I didn't know that there was a Nismo truck.
 
IMO,Lowered Trucks tend to appeal that "low-rider" look. Again, I always thought it was a West Coast kind of thing.
images
 
IMO a lowered truck is about as stupid as a lifted truck that doesn't get used as a lifted truck.

Never seen a sideways plate like that before, I'm surprised that's legal.
What's wrong with a clean lifted truck? I'd love a small lift just to bump the aggression back up again.
 
What's wrong with a clean lifted truck? I'd love a small lift just to bump the aggression back up again.

Most people (not saying this is the case for everyone) that don't use their lifted trucks just lift them to look cooler. They are daily driven and therefore stupid. It would be like putting drag slicks and a wheelie bar on an otherwise stock Mustang and then driving it to and from work every day and not ever taking it close to a drag strip.

Again, not everyone with a lifted truck is like that, but the large majority (and therefore what everyone thinks when they see a lifted truck) daily drive their lifted trucks with big o' tires and smoke stacks etc. etc.



Edit: Here's a funny picture relating to this! :lol:

1203mt-12%2Bmini-truckin-desktop-wallpapers-march-2012%2Blowered--and-lifted-truck.jpg



edit2: You can't honestly say you wouldn't look like at least a bit of a fool if you drove this around. :lol:

red-ace-trendy-090212.jpg


I have no problem with things like this if they're actually used like a lifted truck should be, but when they're used as grocery getters and school run cars (looking at my mom and grandma, both daily drive F150s, stock though) that is about as questionable as you can get.
 
Last edited:
Here's a question, how do people even get in their trucks when lifted that high? Do they use a ladder or something?
 
Here's a question, how do people even get in their trucks when lifted that high? Do they use a ladder or something?
Usually there is a bar on the door panel to help lift them up.
 
Usually there is a bar on the door panel to help lift them up.
I guess you could get in a lifted truck with a step bar. Though with trucks lifted that high up in those pictures above, it kinda seems tedious.


:lol: I wonder if anyone has actually tried getting in a truck that way.
 
Back