Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
Your choice between the 2.2 Camry, 3.1 Sunbird and Dodge Aries K.

Ken
I only wish the 2.2 Camry engine came in something as luxurious as the Dodge Aries K

TB
Only if you know how to drive it.

Let's not forget about a certain automatic Subaru wagon as well.

The perfect four car garage really. :lol:

*Hybrid Le Mans/Rally/Daily car

Ray-Liotta-Laughing-In-Goodfellas-Gif.gif

Are there any mods willing to correct my English?

You guys speak/write perfect English and that's what I want.

Why don’t you download an app like GRAMMARLY?

That’ll have you conversing in perfect English.
I hav to mak a account but i dont speek inglish.

Do you think there is such an app for my native tongue; Dutch?
I could you use this app. :lol:

Last edited:
I hav to mak a account but i dont speek inglish.

Do you think there is such an app for my native tongue; Dutch?
I could you this app. :lol:
There is a free option with Grammarly that doesn't require an account.

As far as I know, if you type in English it will automatically pick up anything that needs correcting.

In fact, I'm not sure it recognises anything Dutch at all. kikie is an unknown word so I have to ask, can you see your reflection when you stand in front of a mirror? :D

There is a free option with Grammarly that doesn't require an account.

As far as I know, if you type in English it will automatically pick up anything that needs correcting.

In fact, I'm not sure it recognises anything Dutch at all. kikie is an unknown word so I have to ask, can you see your reflection when you stand in front of a mirror? :D
Found the free version. Thanks again @Pete05.

According to Grammarly, you made a spelling mistake. :lol:

>>>> recognizes

Are there any mods willing to correct my English?

I'll do it, so long as you correct my Dutch!

You — as well as numerous other non-native English speakers on the site — impress me with your command of English. I can't imagine trying to learn it if I hadn't been brought up with it; it's such a terrible, inconsistent language.

Even the US/UK spelling divide is annoying, and that's one I have to deal with constantly for the front page!

Of course, I will. Anything to help a fellow GTP'er. I'd glady help you.

You — as well as numerous other non-native English speakers on the site — impress me with your command of English. I can't imagine trying to learn it if I hadn't been brought up with it; it's such a terrible, inconsistent language.
Thanks

Even the US/UK spelling divide is annoying, and that's one I have to deal with constantly for the front page!
Well that is easily explained. In Belgium and in the Netherlands we use Dutch subtitles. When we watch an English documentary or an American TV show, we hear English and read Dutch subtitles.

Thanks to @Pete05 and Grammarly, you won't know if it is my own knowledge of the English language is my own or thanks to Grammarly. It seems that Grammarly doesn't have to correct anything so far, except "Of course, I will" which I wrote without the comma after of course. :sly:

I don't know why you think you need it @kikie, your English has always seemed pretty excellent to me - there are some people in my work who need it more than you!

On a related note, I found myself in a slightly scary pub on the outskirts of Glasgow last night, and I was almost reaching for Google Translate at times, but sadly it doesn't have a 'Rutherglen pub banter' option yet.

I think you know you spend too much time on GTP when you notice other users’ (apostrophe?) English improving. Yours definitely has in the last couple of years @kikie.
You sir, deserve a thank you as well.

I don't know why you think you need it @kikie, your English has always seemed pretty excellent to me - there are some people in my work who need it more than you!
Also thanks.
Because it is still always a struggle for me to try and write a perfect post. And that is what I am, sort of, a perfectionist (when something interests me otherwise, I don't care less).

Last edited:

The US/UK spelling divide is one thing & then we have local dialects. Oh, may as well throw in slang too.

I have several friends that have English as their second language. They say it’s one of the hardest to learn with words such as there, their, they’re al sounding phonetically identical but having different spellings & meanings.

One good thing about being a foreigner is that you can make any stupid grammar mistakes you like and nobody bats an eye. Most of the time you are, unfortunately, doing better than many natives so they don't even realize it.

I had a question for and about mods but I forgot.

:ouch:
Was it this one?
What's the smallest animal you reckon you could have a ride on?

Or this one?
How many pens have you got?

Or this one?
What's the fastest time in which you can eat a packet of Quavers?

Or maybe?
What's the tallest tree at your old school?

Or?
Do you like playing pool?

Back