Questions and innuendos about Moderators

• Thread starter kikie
  • 3,805 comments
I would like to see you try to write something with your southpaw.
Right, left and my semi-usual all uppercase.

20180902_235756.jpg

I've hand-written in Capitals/Upper Case for longer than I haven't.
As have I, starting at around 15-16, or about 30 years ago.

It just so happens it resulted from being forced to write left-handed as my right hand was in a cast to mend the outermost metacarpal. It was easier to use all caps with my left and it stuck once I was able to revert back to my right.

TB
When I'm writing, I have a tendency to bounce back and forth between upper/lower and all cap mid sentence rather frequently for some reason.
JUTm.gif

TB
Right, left and my semi-usual all uppercase.

View attachment 763277
That has to be a thousand percent better than my non-dominant-hand handwriting.

I'll provide an example.

15360121952138365266648782410583.jpg

"I can hardly write my name" is written right handed up top and left handed on bottom.

Not great handwriting to begin with. It switches a lot. Some days it isn't too bad, other days it is kinda bad like it is here.

Wow. That is even worse than what I remember. What is odd is that I was originally left handed, but my dad forced me to switch when I first started showing signs of dexterity.

Last edited:
That has to be a thousand percent better than my non-dominant-hand handwriting.

I'll provide an example.

View attachment 763474

"I can hardly write my name" is written right handed up top and left handed on bottom.

Not great handwriting to begin with. It switches a lot. Some days it isn't too bad, other days it is kinda bad like it is here.

Wow. That is even worse than what I remember. What is odd is that I was originally left handed, but my dad forced me to switch when I first started showing signs of dexterity.
*gasp* No blank paper close to hand--I rely too heavily on my phone...

20180906_060215.jpg

Question for @TB. And kind of @TJ13.

IIRC, TJ13 used to have his statuses set to no commenting allowed, but TB managed to still comment and there wasn't a fuss.

TJ13, why did you allow TB to comment on your statuses? And nobody else?

Yes, I know that TB is a moderator and can comment regardless of whether or not your settings "allow" him to.

TB, did you have to bypass anything to comment on his statuses? Or does the comment button just automatically appear for you?

Only asking because I was jealous that TB was able to comment on his statuses and I could not... :lol:

(Not trying to point fingers @TJ13, just the only example that popped into my head.)

You basically answered your own question.
There are more questions in the post. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I answered my own question there, to acknowledge people that I already knew that. To make it easier to answer the rest of the questions.

There are more questions in the post. :rolleyes:
I would imagine that they see a text box, write something in it, and then press Post Reply. Hope that helps! Seems a little magical, but thats my best guess.

:rolleyes:

I would imagine that they see a text box, write something in it, and then press Post Reply. Hope that helps! Seems a little magical, but thats my best guess.

:rolleyes:
You have one hell of an imagination.

I agree. Sometimes it keeps me up at night thinking of crazy situations like that!
I'm honored you lose sleep over me. But that really is not necessary. It is adorable though... :lol:

TB, did you have to bypass anything to comment on his statuses? Or does the comment button just automatically appear for you?
You basically answered your own question.
That.

If a status is restricted, it doesn't apply to staff.

If a thread is locked, the staff can still post in it without having to unlock it.

About the only thing us lowly mods can't do is read private messages.

Edit: reading the new posts that came in while I was typing, we can't tell the difference between a restricted profile and an unrestricted one. They all look the same so we wouldn't even know.

Locked threads have a, shocker, lock icon.

It's top secret. Mods will never give a straight answer. :)
20180924_164027.jpg

I'm honored you lose sleep over me. But that really is not necessary. It is adorable though... :lol:
Lose sleep? I only posted that a couple of hours ago :scared: Oh no, no, no! I meant I keep myself up thinking of complex situations like that.

Back