Quotes not redirecting to original post

• Thread starter ImaRobot
  • 34 comments
United States
Los Angeles, CA
Lma_robot
lImaRobotl
This week I've been having issues when trying to use the link that redirects from the quote to the original post. They still seem to be hyperlinked, but nothing happens when I click the little arrow.

Can you link to any examples where this is happening for you?

Can you link to any examples where this is happening for you?

I've had this issue on any thread I've been on where I click the arrow to go back to the original post being quoted and it doesn't do anything. I can right click and open to a new tab/window, but that is so much work it gets a bit annoying. I seem to notice it from posts others have quoted more so than me quoting someone. For example I clicked the arrow quoting you and it went to your original. But when I did it yesterday in an OCE thread it didn't work.

Really? It works fine for me. What OS and browser are you using?

I'm having the same issue. If it's a quote on the same page, hitting the arrow button doesn't do anything. If it's on a different page of the thread (and thus, a different URL), it goes to the right post, though.

I'm having the same issue. If it's a quote on the same page, hitting the arrow button doesn't do anything. If it's on a different page of the thread (and thus, a different URL), it goes to the right post, though.
Just checked this out, and it's the same thing for me as well.

Mine often goes to a post on the same page that's two or three posts away from the target. Chrome, W10.

I have had a similar problem with quotes not linking to things properly,

Quoting a post with an image results in the image shown as a hyperlink in the new post rather than a scaled thumbnail.

I'm getting this behaviour on my phone (Android 7.0, Chrome 61.0.3163.98) too.

However... on my PC (Windows 7 Pro SP1, Firefox 55.0.3 and Chrome 59.0.3071.115) I'm getting the post anchors to the end of the post - click on the arrow and it jumps so that the relevant post is at the top of the screen, but the text in it is off the top.

However... on my PC (Windows 7 Pro SP1, Firefox 55.0.3 and Chrome 59.0.3071.115) I'm getting the post anchors to the end of the post - click on the arrow and it jumps so that the relevant post is at the top of the screen, but the text in it is off the top.

Do you mean like this, where part of a post gets hidden behind the sticky header? Snapping to Slip's above post:

Wj1jhFz.png

If so, then I get this too (Windows 8.1 and 10, Firefox 55.0.3)..........if not, then sorry @Jordan, here's another quote-redirect issue :P

Last edited:
Mine often goes to a post on the same page that's two or three posts away from the target. Chrome, W10.

I'm having this same issue as well, running Firefox on Linux 4.4.6 (Slackware 14.2). Seems the more images in the thread the larger the error.

The URL updates accordingly, that is to say that the URL "updates" to the quoted post, but the page doesn't actually jump there.

I'm having this same issue as well, running Firefox on Linux 4.4.6 (Slackware 14.2). Seems the more images in the thread the larger the error.

Clicking the quote arrow in @BobK's post does not take me to the quoted post, even though it's my own :D

May i add that it won't let you click it at all on mobile. You have to long press on it which only gives the option to open in a new tab. Or at least that is how it is for me. Latest S7 Android firmware and latest Chrome.

As mentioned in this thread, I still have redirecting problems. Alerst (likes, quotes, being mentioned in a post) almost never redirects me to linked post in the alerts, Permalink for #... doesn't work properly, opening a thread multiple times, always redirects me to the same post, even if I read the following/all posts in that thread.

Further to my previous post on this thread, the problem is intermittent for me, most not working, but once in a while it works. Currently it does work for me on this post but not this post right before it on the previous page, nor several others on that same page that I checked. If anyone else is having this issue can you hit those links and check to see if the first one works but the second one doesn't?

Further to my previous post on this thread, the problem is intermittent for me, most not working, but once in a while it works. Currently it does work for me on this post but not this post right before it on the previous page, nor several others on that same page that I checked. If anyone else is having this issue can you hit those links and check to see if the first one works but the second one doesn't?
I see the same results as you.

The link that works is a link to a post on a different page. When the quoted post is on the same page, short press doesn't do anything for me. Long press gives the option to open in a new tab as mentioned earlier this thread.
Android 7.0

That kind of just blew my mind. It worked the same for me and I'm on the latest Android and Chrome Galaxy S7

Back