R.I.P Marco Simoncelli

• Thread starter GT5_X2010
  • 204 comments
RIP Marco, you will be missed. You were one of my favorite riders in the MotoGP community :( MotoGP will never be the same without you.

I don't even know what to say. I was watching the race, and then... i'm shocked.
He was really a good guy, happy, determinated... i can't believe this.
Just 2 years older then me, too young... i'll always remember him.

Goodbye, SuperSic.

Can't believe i woke up to these news! Very sad day and especially so soon after dan wheldon.
We've lost the most entertaining and promising rider in MotoGP.

R.I.P. Marco

This is sad, but I have a very uneasy feeling there is going to be 3, as that saying goes, but I dont want to think that.

All we can do is hope it stops here and we can finish out this month clean.

Within spectator events in general, it's been a tragic year, from air shows, to Indy cars, now bikes. Thankfully it's almost over.

I awoke this morning looking forward to the race the dvr had recorded, only to see this tragic news, gutted beyond words. Godspeed Marco.

Pretty harsh, just seen the pictures. 10/2011 seems to be a sad month for motorsport.

Quoting Bruce McLaren - yet again, sadly.

"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."

I'm certain that Marco would of taken a world championship, maybe even several. Sadly taken before he had the time to do so. R.I.P.

Indeed. He had the speed, feel, ambition and talent to be a World Champion. Much easier to slow a fast rider down than speed a slow one up. This is so very sad.

Indeed. He had the speed, feel, ambition and talent to be a World Champion. Much easier to slow a fast rider down than speed a slow one up. This is so very sad.

Marco was something special. On the track he was really fast, he had that special pace only few drivers have. Yes he made errors and made some risky moves, but he was fast. He was keeping up with the works team.

For me its so sad because his behaviour on the track reminds me so much of my motorsport hero Gilles Villeneuve :(

Lets hope that we won`t see a fatal crash for a very long time now!

First Wheldon, then, Huseman, & now Simoncelli. This has been a very dark week for the world of motorsports.

R.I.P.

Valentino has just tweeted: Sic for me was like a youngest brother. So strong on track so sweet in normal life. I will miss him a lot..

@ValeYellow46

Still can't believe what has happened. So sad

First Wheldon, then, Huseman, & now Simoncelli. This has been a very dark week for the world of motorsports.

R.I.P.

No doubt. Dan Wheldon won a championship, two Indy 500's, and was a class act. Rick Huseman won multiple off-road titles, and was a class act as well. Marco Simoncelli was race winner in 125, 250, and was on the verge of winning in MotoGP, and like the other two, a class act. May all three R.I.P. in motorsports heaven. :(
I have pics of Marco that I will eventually post in here.

Some photos of Marco in happier times....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Randy :(

Last edited:
R.I.P. Marco

Im not sure Im going to watch any motorsport in the next week or two, as they do say that bad luck comes in threes.

How did he fall off into the path of the other two bikes? Looks like he stroked out on the bike before he even got hit.

Oh man, what is going on in the world of racing?

I'm a big fan of MotoGP and this is just sickening. Simoncelli was an absolute brilliant rider and had a style about him that you just had to like. He was an exciting rider to watch and didn't mind rubbing elbows from time to time. Wow, unbelievable. So, sad.:(:(:(

MotoGP won't be the same without you. R.I.P. Marco.

Back