[RACE] Formula 3500 International Series - Jammy21 takes the crown!Open 

A little less than a week before round 1, a dilemma arises: to use the regular GP version of Monza, or to use the '80s version.. :D

It will be kept to GP for this season, but 80's might be worth considering for future events, much better flow and less F1-is-too-fast-let's-put-in-some-stop-and-go-corners-where-you-can't-overtake.

It will be kept to GP for this season, but 80's might be worth considering for future events, much better flow and less F1-is-too-fast-let's-put-in-some-stop-and-go-corners-where-you-can't-overtake.

I'm guessing that based off of this that we will keep the present version of Brands Hatch as well.

I'm still not 100% sure about racing in this series, but I'm still interested. I'll try to be at Monza. When I get some time, I'll run some practice laps around there and see how I'm feeling about the car. If I end up not liking the car I still might be able to act as a Safety Car if you want. Either way, I'll base my signing up on how my test laps go. If possible I would like to practice with some other drivers in the series.

Last edited:
Linked the line just below the image of Monza to a countdown (will get around to do the others once we get closer to those) 👍

Correct and correct. Privat rooms would've been preferred, but every single time I've actually hosted an organised event in private rooms on GT6, the game doesn't think there's actually space for 16.

I will also, once and for all, clarify one thing that will be put in the OP when I'm done writing this: prior to the qualifying for race 1, there'll be a 1-lap "test start", in order to rule out all start-to-first-corner stupidities. If a driver fails to take part in this session (in which the order on the grid will be whatever the practice times decide) they will not be allowed to take part in that round.

Correct and correct. Privat rooms would've been preferred, but every single time I've actually hosted an organised event in private rooms on GT6, the game doesn't think there's actually space for 16.

I will also, once and for all, clarify one thing that will be put in the OP when I'm done writing this: prior to the qualifying for race 1, there'll be a 1-lap "test start", in order to rule out all start-to-first-corner stupidities. If a driver fails to take part in this session (in which the order on the grid will be whatever the practice times decide) they will not be allowed to take part in that round.
I will just drive fast and fast :)

According to the OP there are only 5 registered drivers. If this is the case then I am afraid I will be pulling out of this series. The length of the races just isn't worth my time for the number of participants and the quality of the racing.

According to the OP there are only 5 registered drivers. If this is the case then I am afraid I will be pulling out of this series. The length of the races just isn't worth my time for the number of participants and the quality of the racing.
Not cool man... but you know what yo do :)

Well, that's just it. My luck. One more blow to my confidence, one more reason to start selling out of my ideas rather than trying to realise them myself. It seems anyone but this individual is so well connected they have a billion reserve drivers they can call in in situations like this. Either that or they're sign-up-magnets in other ways.

I am so close to requesting a perma-ban (we're not quite there yet, though). Sorry if I seem negative, but it's getting kinda frustrating.

I'll be making my decision whether to participate or not later today. In a lot of races it's not how many you beat, but rather who you beat. If you have at least one consistent rival that gives you a close race, then it should be fun.

Well, that's just it. My luck. One more blow to my confidence, one more reason to start selling out of my ideas rather than trying to realise them myself. It seems anyone but this individual is so well connected they have a billion reserve drivers they can call in in situations like this. Either that or they're sign-up-magnets in other ways.

I am so close to requesting a perma-ban (we're not quite there yet, though). Sorry if I seem negative, but it's getting kinda frustrating.

I am sorry rallymorten, but racing for over an hour against just 4 people isn't my idea of fun, surely you can appreciate that?
I also clearly stated when I first signed up for this I would only commit to entering if there was enough people.

Yes I agree your ideas are good and I like your style, but just like a music festival you could have the best headline acts in the world but if nobody buys tickets then it gets cancelled.

I think one of the main problems for not generating enough interest is lack of complete information. For example I always find myself asking you questions about rules/regulations etc. People shouldn't have to ask. However I do not wish to be a series host and have no desire to do so any time soon, thus I have no place or right to lecture you.
But If you want to be a host surely it's your #1 job to get these things nailed to satisfy your potential series drivers.

If you want a good example I suggest maybe speaking to @P1K3Y_M1k3Y. If I recall correctly he hosted his first series on GT5 and it was very successful. Now he is a fully established host on GTP so surely he could give you a few tips if he has time.

Hate to do this, but there are a few reasons:

1: port forwarding will help you. A lot.

2: time slot - driver unavailability.

3: consistent inconsistency. You start many series, never finish any.

I'll participate if this series takes off and I can keep up. I'll see how I do at Monza. I'd like to use the White & Castrol Green car if it's available. I have a friend that also is showing some interest in joining, but he can't participate unless the start time is delayed until 8:30pm BST. He can't race this week no matter what though.

Last edited:
Let's race today and see how many drivers we have. I just wanna test this car with these specs - at least one race.

I am sorry rallymorten, but racing for over an hour against just 4 people isn't my idea of fun, surely you can appreciate that?
I also clearly stated when I first signed up for this I would only commit to entering if there was enough people.

Yes I agree your ideas are good and I like your style, but just like a music festival you could have the best headline acts in the world but if nobody buys tickets then it gets cancelled.

I think one of the main problems for not generating enough interest is lack of complete information. For example I always find myself asking you questions about rules/regulations etc. People shouldn't have to ask. However I do not wish to be a series host and have no desire to do so any time soon, thus I have no place or right to lecture you.
But If you want to be a host surely it's your #1 job to get these things nailed to satisfy your potential series drivers.

If you want a good example I suggest maybe speaking to @P1K3Y_M1k3Y. If I recall correctly he hosted his first series on GT5 and it was very successful. Now he is a fully established host on GTP so surely he could give you a few tips if he has time.

I can totally understand where you're coming from when it comes to the race/drivers. Trust me, I have had multi-hour sessions with no way of catching up to the group in front yet being too fast for the group behind. It does get boring after a little while.

As for the "complete information", I guess I'm a big thinker who sometimes forget about the important details. That surely isn't doing anything good, especially not if it's the same things I forget to mention over and over :lol:

I'm not calling it off just yet, I've made that mistake way too often by now. I'm hoping for a little handful of drivers to have a great experience and get the snowball rolling :)

I can totally understand where you're coming from when it comes to the race/drivers. Trust me, I have had multi-hour sessions with no way of catching up to the group in front yet being too fast for the group behind. It does get boring after a little while.

As for the "complete information", I guess I'm a big thinker who sometimes forget about the important details. That surely isn't doing anything good, especially not if it's the same things I forget to mention over and over :lol:

I'm not calling it off just yet, I've made that mistake way too often by now. I'm hoping for a little handful of drivers to have a great experience and get the snowball rolling :)

Speaking of, you fail to mention in the OP what the start type is going to be. Anytime someone asks something that is important to the race regulations all you have to do is add in into the OP ASAP so you don't forget about it, then you'll be all set. :)

Back