RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

• Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
Let the silliness/chaos begin!

Using some guidelines:

Teams are limited to two active drivers per race. However, all factory teams can have an independent team linked to them - as Red Bull Racing can have Toro Rosso in Formula 1. This way, if someone from Red Bull Racing must be absent for a race, someone from Toro Rosso can be "drafted" in for that race. It also allows for RBR mechanics and driver coaches to assist the Toro Rosso team.

Another thing to mention: There is a limit of three teams per car. No, I don't want to see 8 BMWs in one race. This isn't a spec race series. 6 cars max. of the same make.

Lastly: Teams that were independent teams - if re-registered - must be factory teams this year, unless the drivers are independents drivers (drivers who have not run a season.)

RBR reserves Audi

If* you decide to keep with the Audi when GT6 is released (I'm not currently accepting car choices quite yet,) I will allow you to have Audis, okay. But, please be aware that the silly season is drivers to drivers discussing who would join which teams, and not which cars yet.

I'm explaining the rules about who may drive what, not because I want people to sign up for the cars now, but because it may sway peoples' decisions if they know the teams rules and situations for ITCC 4.

That said, I certainly do have preferences and ideas about cars (not saying which ones yet), and I certainly do want to be on a team that could challenge for the overall victory. But, that will change next week, once I've driven/seen the cars.

If* you decide to keep with the Audi when GT6 is released (I'm not currently accepting car choices quite yet,) I will allow you to have Audis, okay. But, please be aware that the silly season is drivers to drivers discussing who would join which teams, and not which cars yet.

I'm explaining the rules about who may drive what, not because I want people to sign up for the cars now, but because it may sway peoples' decisions if they know the teams rules and situations for ITCC 4.

That said, I certainly do have preferences and ideas about cars (not saying which ones yet), and I certainly do want to be on a team that could challenge for the overall victory. But, that will change next week, once I've driven/seen the cars.
I am aware, but Id like to make sure the Audi can be mine, Im engaged in a new roster for RBR anyways lol.

I am aware, but Id like to make sure the Audi can be mine, Im engaged in a new roster for RBR anyways lol.

I'm hesitant to call dibs - because that's basically what you're doing - unless you're willing to sign up your team(s) without knowing how the new physics system will feel with the only AWD car in the roster.

I'm also adding the 2005 Mazdaspeed Atenza or Mazda 6 5-door (not sure about specs of each) into the foray, so be aware of that as well please.

If im racing, which I hope to do, Im not going FF, absolutely not, so I may even sign up on audi, but I wont for GT6's sake.

BMW were considerably slow in ITCC 3, and idk about Mazda

@Gedi69 and @buck1 and @gokartman78 will argue that, no doubt. Gedi won the Run Group B championship overall, as an independent - for the first time in ITCC history... Buck got 4th overall as an independent in Run Group A championship, and gokartman... gokartman scored 97 and 99 points in the two rounds he was most prevalent in, and took pole in the first qualifying session ever in ITCC 3.

Some people were saying that Mazda dominated this season...

*aliens.jpg* consistent attendance tends to do that. Every race, we had 4 Mazdas, basically. Of course, with 4 chances to win versus 2, it would seem like Mazda was up-front a lot, but the cars were all roughly equal. Surprisingly, I found that the Honda was fastest.

Don't worry about which car is fastest out of the group in general - there won't be a car that's clearly much faster than another. Focus on which car you can control the best. Jammy's dominance in the Mazda early on - the dominance that won him the championship - came from his comfort with his car. He knew the limits, had a good tune, and wasn't a bad driver.

So, TL;DR? It's not the car. It's how the car and driver match each other.

Don't forget that the BMW is RWD. I'm not sure, but the Mazda may also be AWD - don't quote me on the Mazda.

I have a 500+bhp one in GT5 and it's 4wd alright. It starts with around 260-270bhp.

I have a 500+bhp one in GT5 and it's 4wd alright. It starts with around 260-270bhp.

That is if the Mazdaspeed Atenza is chosen for use, and therefore not the Mazda 6 5-door '03 (a different, FF car.)

Thank you for the kind advice/help though! :)

Guys, if you will, check out the ITCC 3 thread, I feel that my statement is a proper farewell to the season.

Because Season 3 was an awesome nailbiter until the very final second. I didn't even realize that Caine crossed the line before Ciro, I thought it was a tie for 2nd in the championship. :mischievous:

Ovals will never be part of ITCC. Certainly, several tracks will have large percentages of full-throttle (60%, 70% and up) driving, but for the entire circuit to be completed without lifting off of the throttle... No, not happening. That wouldn't really be in the spirit and intent of ITCC - to provide fun, close touring car racing to everyone equally.

Okay sure, but this is also team-based, teammates hooking up in tandems, 3wide racing, I know its untraditional, but youcant deny it sounds like fun.

Okay sure, but this is also team-based, teammates hooking up in tandems, 3wide racing, I know its untraditional, but youcant deny it sounds like fun.

Granted, we'll have bump drafting everywhere. Jammy was bump-drafting me today. I didn't even realize and brake earlier, that may be what caused my big spin. Anyways, if people are bump-drafting at the Nürburgring 24hr. circuit, there will be bump-drafting no matter what. And, three wide racing? Try 4 wide... At the 'Ring. Yes, even that happened today... And all 4 cars made it through, too.

We don't need to go to an oval. The fun remains.

Edit: I'll check this thread and answer any/all questions on Sunday (after 10 AM in my timezone) but for now, good night! :) (or good day or such)

Granted, we'll have bump drafting everywhere. Jammy was bump-drafting me today. I didn't even realize and brake earlier, that may be what caused my big spin. Anyways, if people are bump-drafting at the Nürburgring 24hr. circuit, there will be bump-drafting no matter what. And, three wide racing? Try 4 wide... At the 'Ring. Yes, even that happened today... And all 4 cars made it through, too.

We don't need to go to an oval. The fun remains.

Edit: I'll check this thread and answer any/all questions on Sunday (after 10 AM in my timezone) but for now, good night! :) (or good day or such)
Ohhh Ok, what ever lol Can we atleast race on the moon? :D

Last edited:
Ovals: There is short one - Motegi speedway - that might be one to try at least. It might be good track for some good bump-drafting team contest.

Edit: Just did few laps and it might be fun teamwork event.

BTW: This post still doesn't mean i'll run season 4....all depends on the tracks, cars, drivers and of course my other race series and scheduler.

Last edited:
Ovals: There is short one - Motegi speedway - that might be one to try at least. It might be good track for some good bump-drafting team contest.

Edit: Just did few laps and it might be fun teamwork event.

BTW: This post still doesn't mean i'll run season 4....all depends on the tracks, cars, drivers and of course my other race series and scheduler.
Jammy, given you do compete, even if its part time, I may be able to keep a seat warm in RB if you want ;)

Back