RACE ITCC 4 - Congratulations to champions! Unofficial final points - Post #3411Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 3,513 comments
  • 146,299 views
Can't seem to find the new room can someone please post the #?
 
Got in the room at last

Now someone else will probably have trouble connecting :sly:

My instrument panel decided to turn off at the beginning of that race, was an interesting experience
 
Last edited:
1st race win it's a good feelin
oAapmT3.png

In a good way. :lol: Good driving.
 
Got in the room at last

Now someone else will probably have trouble connecting :sly:

My instrument panel decided to turn off at the beginning of that race, was an interesting experience

Haha, I remember having to race similarly at Silverstone - scary but fun! :lol:
 
Thankfully, it was only not there for the first race, but it was still pretty annoying

You did pretty well there.


Anyways, SSR5 news: Some small investigations (really only one, I think/hope) and then points will be up.



And Mar. 8th is our next round at Ascari Race Resort. Let's keep all 4 wheels on concrete/tarmac as much as possible through the chicanes. They should normally be pretty much single file, but if - for some very, very odd reason - two people enter the chicanes side-by-side, each will have mutual responsibility to ensure that the other driver can keep at least 2 wheels on tarmac/concrete. Do NOT force another driver off.
 
Any investigations penalty-worthy?

Do curbs count as track at ascari?
 
Any investigations penalty-worthy?

Do curbs count as track at ascari?

Any paved surface, yes. There is another spot, I believe, where the road is paved beyond what other people would consider track limits, but since this is touring cars, you may use it.
 
Any paved surface, yes. There is another spot, I believe, where the road is paved beyond what other people would consider track limits, but since this is touring cars, you may use it.

So anything Tarmac/Concrete is good... 👍
 
Good news! I thought we'd actually need to turn on that last chicane.

Practice room up in a few.
 
So there is no racing next weekend (March 1st)?

Glad to finally get an official win, I never realised how hard it was to overtake at SSR5 until tonight. You either have to wait for the guy in front to make a mistake or pass on the straight. That's really the only way.

But I think in general some drivers are just far too aggressive and it feels like people aren't watching their mirrors as much as they should be. A few times I was trying to go up the inside of somebody (not divebombing) and they just turned in on me. I lifted off throttle each time to give back position to avoid causing another steward enquiry, but it's obvious the other driver(s) aren't recognising I am there.

Other times I had to break heavier than normal to "back out" and yield the pass attempt. Of course the one time I didn't do this and relied on the other driver to back out it resulted in a smash 💡

But other than that I honestly really enjoyed tonight's racing, much better than Bathurst at least:tup:
 
I have a feeling it was me who was too aggressive on defensive... :guilty:
 
If only it wasn't so late, I feel like driving right now... :lol:
Sleep is for the weak.
So there is no racing next weekend (March 1st)?

Glad to finally get an official win, I never realised how hard it was to overtake at SSR5 until tonight. You either have to wait for the guy in front to make a mistake or pass on the straight. That's really the only way.

But I think in general some drivers are just far too aggressive and it feels like people aren't watching their mirrors as much as they should be. A few times I was trying to go up the inside of somebody (not divebombing) and they just turned in on me. I lifted off throttle each time to give back position to avoid causing another steward enquiry, but it's obvious the other driver(s) aren't recognising I am there.

Other times I had to break heavier than normal to "back out" and yield the pass attempt. Of course the one time I didn't do this and relied on the other driver to back out it resulted in a smash 💡

But other than that I honestly really enjoyed tonight's racing, much better than Bathurst at least:tup:
If you're talking about me you and buck, you weren't so clean yourself, :lol: but it was some great racing until the 3 wide in the park... No way that would've worked...



ROOM OPEN,
 
I'm currently in the process of looking through everything, don't worry.
 
I might get on later, but before that, I've got USSC
 
Yeah just had next to no practice, and can't find the rhythm of the place.
 
I think it's safe to say:

Best Race of ITCC- EVER- To date.
 
Race 1 for me was a great fight with Sig! You kept getting past me down the straight, but I knew I could outbrake you in the tunnel. Once you got past and stayed there, I knew there wasn't a lot I could do. Going off line costs so much time, and with the flat floor I couldn't pass down the straight! Gd job mate!

As for race two, I kind of lucked my way through the pack, people just kind of made a path for me (thanks Mel, I noticed yours was deliberate) Once at the front I though about doing a Vettel... but saw Dano in 3rd, so figured I'd try and help him out a little. Done my best to back the pack up without intentionally blocking anyone, and it worked. Had a little panic when Sig managed to catch upto Nas, but luckily for us, that sorted itself out. Then it was a case of just bringing it home.
 
Back