Race Modified Endurance Tour::Season 1 Ended::Season 2 Coming Soon::Leave Feedback:

  • Thread starter Thread starter swervesauce
  • 435 comments
  • 24,204 views

How long do you want to race?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
I like the listed point system. Would you award something like 25 pts to DNFs?
 
I like the listed point system. Would you award something like 25 pts to DNFs?
Yes, forgot about that. I've been up for 2 damn days and things are slippin. I fixed the results/standings also 👍
 
My original system had last recieving almost 40% of first place points, your suggestion has it down to 10%, this is 30% but more bite for winning, as follows:
1.100
2.85
3.80
4.75
5.70
6.65
7.61
8.57
9.53
10.49
11.45
12.42
13.39
14.36
15.33
16.30

most laps 5
fastest 3
pole 3

Dnf 25

I like the point structure as laid out here, but the bonuses ( hate to say this ) look a little small now that we're at 100 pts for a win.

Just trying to add to the discussion. I like that Boltzz_ spoke up, we can fine tune this thing, get a good series structure.

Also just checked the league page, wow some of you guys had set fast laps. They were better than my time in dry practice. Where as my best lap time for the race was real lousy, I can remember looking at it during the race and seeing how low it was, but now I see that other's did quite well. Hmm makes me want to prove something at La Sarthe.

- Edit: realised it's silly to say the bonus points are low without throwing a suggestion in. I think have them at the same values they were before: 10s and 5s, but priority on most laps lead, ie:

Pole: 5
Most laps: 10
fastest lap: 5
 
Last edited:
Sorry about my absence guys, this week has been busy for me in 'non' GT life. I don't see a lot of reaction/discussion about the points change so I'm not going to change it. Also, I haven't been able to practice almost at all this week, but I will be on tomorrow during the day. Hope you guys have been practicing and see you guys on Sunday.

Remember...after the Super Bowl
 
hey Swerve

recon you also award the Best in the car class ??? like award the top WRX, Evo and NXS drivers ??
 
hey Swerve

recon you also award the Best in the car class ??? like award the top WRX, Evo and NXS drivers ??

I like that idea
 
Hey Swerve, officials bitched about the race on super bowl sunday so now it's friday and I can race if there's still an open seat for tomorrow.
 
Seriously? How do you do that, that's awesome lol.
I understand the site but I guess you have a capture card that live streams it to the website?

Yeah I have a capture card in my pc, and use the program Flash Media Live Encoder to stream directly to justin.tv. It is pretty sweet :)
 
Wait...so then how does the data get from PS3 to PC?
 
I go component cables out, to the capture card breakout cable's component in. That signal in goes directly to my pc, and I can watch it on the pc, stream and/or record. Also on the breakout cable is component out, where I go back to my TV, so I can still play on a big screen.

01_intensity-pro_packshot.jpg
 
Anyone not watching the game? I am putting up a practice room to mess around.

1472 - 6118 - 3701 - 4256 - 9139
 
Boltzz it's unavailable did you delete it?
 
Boltzz it's unavailable did you delete it?

Yeah it's been down a while.. no one joined for about 30 minutes and I went and made dinner :sly:
 
Lounge open
 
Any room for people still interested? :p
 
The game is clearly bugged, and I figure you being an admin of two separate leagues, would know this. When someone is bugged and can't see other people in cars a reconnect almost always fixes this, and it seemed to just fine, but you started the race before I even had a chance to load the track... It isn't fair to me or the rest of the drivers if I race the entire race bugged and invisible.. that is just a waste of time.

May as well remove me from the list, can't believe you don't have the patience to wait another 30 seconds.

Have a good rest of the league, GL.
 
Last edited:
Wow that was a challenge. Still glad i finished, but 1.5hrs is a bit too long for me. I really struggled with spinning out on the S's in the last sector and had to pit every second or third lap. On top of that my best lap was a 4:59 so i had no chance. Lack of practice and setup account for most of that. Lots of fun, and i really know that track now! See you all next week.
 
Race report: RM endurance series, Round 2

La Sarthe

This is my experience of it:

Qualifying was in the wet, I had been qualifying on inters, which seemed fine for that, but in the actual race there was much heavier rain from the start. People were going off everywhere, by staying clean I was in 3rd by the end of Muisaine Straight with 4th miles back. I knew I had to pit though and get full rain tires.

Once back out, still holding 3rd place, I was actually gaining on 1st place, by only a few seconds a lap, which wasn't going to be enough. That's sort of how it remained for the next few laps, the weather never improved. I just had to hope for 1st or 2nd place to have a problem. So for the first half of the race it was: JoeOftheFire leading; swervesauce 2nd; Me 3rd; Fleaver 4th

It got darker, heavier rain started. At high speed when you got on the brakes there was a real twitchiness to the car, you really needed to be on your game.

Joe and Swerve both had to pit for damage, on different laps from memory. So I lead for a little under a lap, Joe caught me by the end of it, I had made a mess of the Porshe Esses, so I let Joe go by. Which means I didn't get a recorded lap being in the lead:grumpy:. I then had an issue on the 1st Chicane of the Muisaine str and got a time penalty so Joe was able to drive away.

I thought I was getting wear on my rain tires, car felt lousy and tires were getting close to 1/2 worn ( is that where rain tires lose quality - I don't know, drys suffer around then ) so I figured I'd pit at the end of lap 10, which would split the race in 2 equal parts, so I did that. Pulled out behind Fleaver so I was in 4th.

After the pit-stop I really noticed the drop in light. I hadn't done much practice in the dark, so I didn't know how little light there is in places. I had an off at Club corner, there is very little light there.

I was following Fleaver for a number of laps. I could see his lights up ahead, he did start to pull away from me, so credit to him.

Near the end, on one lap it seemed like the rain got super heavy, both me and Fleaver went off the track, I ended up spinning and causing damage to the car. I choose to leave the car as it was as I was only 7 or so seconds a lap slower than regular (wheel damage not engine). But with the spin and now with a poor handling car I was left nursing it to the finish and knowing my only chance of gaining a spot was if someone else up ahead had a big problem.

With about 3 laps to go I did get past Fleaver once at Club corner, I rounded the corner to find him going very slow, he pulled aside and let me go by 👍 I figured he was damaged and limping, but no, he stuck with me and didn't need to pit. I had my handling issues, I was wobbling all over the road, so I let him go by at Muisaine chicane 1 as my wobbling was likely to get us both crashed.

Shortly after letting him past I did crash and damaged the car which made it drive a little better, but I'd lost more time and any chance of getting past Fleaver again was gone. I just nursed the car home.


Final standings ( un-official )

JoeOftheFire
Swervesauce
Fleaver
Mick_C_1080
Rich77
P_O_P_E

There were more lower placings, sorry I forgot who was where.

I think that was it. Another dark rainy race, a big test of ability.

And a big congrats to Joe for bringing it home over a minute ahead of anyone else.
 
Nice report. 👍 As for me finishing nearly 2 minutes in front of second place- if I'd not crashed on my outlap after my pitstop and damaged my engine, I would have been another minute and a half ahead. :sly: Had damage for the last 3 laps too, which didn't help.

I hope you all got used to having someone's spray in your way, the next two tracks will have dirt and snow being kicked up to block your vision. Circuit knowledge will help out a lot when you're following close behind someone. :)
 
Any room for people still interested? :p
yes, I'll add you

The game is clearly bugged, and I figure you being an admin of two separate leagues, would know this. When someone is bugged and can't see other people in cars a reconnect almost always fixes this, and it seemed to just fine, but you started the race before I even had a chance to load the track... It isn't fair to me or the rest of the drivers if I race the entire race bugged and invisible.. that is just a waste of time.

May as well remove me from the list, can't believe you don't have the patience to wait another 30 seconds.

Have a good rest of the league, GL.

The game is clearly bugged and being the admin of two separate leagues, what I know is that there is no fix. We have all tried every trick under the sun to correct the issues on our own to no avail. I have experience with drivers not being able to see 2 drivers, half the drivers, or just seeing me. None have ever been corrected during the same connection. GOD_616 still to this day can't even stay in my lounge and we have NO idea why. A reconnect doesn't change anything. It didn't for you last week, and it wouldn't have for you this week. There are no explanations for why this is, nor a concrete way to correct it.

It isn't the most unfair thing that half and/or all of the field is invisible, when it is out of our control. There have been many issues with many different drivers. Now granted I wasn't paying all that much attention when I start the race who is on the track and who is still in the lobby. That would require me to exit and check and see who is sitting there and so on and when there is a set time to start the race, that is when I start the race, even more so after a 2 hour delay. Blaming me for you trying a last second reconnect isn't anything I'm willing to listen to. You noted your problem with ample time to try a reconnect, but you waited until the last second, and I didn't wait forever, but I did wait an extra minute starting the race at the 21:00 minute mark. You barely made it in last week doing that so I have no idea why you tried that again. Now the only reason I'm being so defensive is because your calling me out and you're trying to imply that I don't know what I'm doing.

All that being said, the series has a points system in place that will allow you to drop the worst finish, or disconnect/absence, at the end and have your best 7 finishes count. If you want to be taken off that is what I'll do.
 
Very nice report mid, thanks. I still have trouble keeping my car under full control with the wheel. When the rain hits its even harder. When the rain pours and the sun sets causing tunnel vision after an hour, im lucky to have even finished, especially 2nd.
 
Very nice report mid, thanks. I still have trouble keeping my car under full control with the wheel. When the rain hits its even harder. When the rain pours and the sun sets causing tunnel vision after an hour, im lucky to have even finished, especially 2nd.

Your doing better with the wheel than i am. As soon as i get sideways somehow i always end up nose to the wall. I hardly ever used reverse with the DS3, now i use it every race, lol. Thats kinda why i like this series, its great practice with my new wheel and helps me learn tracks i havn't done much like La Sarthe.
 
Pictures, I got a few, I will break this into a few posts.

RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_1_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_3_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_4_pb.jpg


First turn with guys on the wrong tires, lots in the dirt.
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_5_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_6_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_7_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_9_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_11_pb.jpg


5 cars in the same chicane, I had to take a snap
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_12_pb.jpg



thru-purple with his hard to control rear wheel drive car
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_13_pb.jpg
 
Last edited:
More.

RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_14_pb.jpg



Fleaver must have got lost, he found a road sign, worked out where he needed to go.
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_15_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_16_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_17_pb.jpg



Pit lane was very busy after lap 1
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_18_pb.jpg


Who needs these silly plastic bollards anyway??
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_20_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_25_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_26_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_28_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_29_pb.jpg
 
Last edited:
Race continues.

RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_31_pb.jpg


The POPE-mobile with damage.
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_32_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_33_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_36_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_37_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_38_pb.jpg


Light starting to fade.
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_39_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_41_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_42_pb.jpg


Here's the race leader, the car looks ill, but it bought home the goods
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_44_pb.jpg
 
Last edited:
Let me know if there's a better way to do this, I could have had a bunch of little thumbnails which link to the full image. But that's the sort of thing people just skim over and don't open the pics


the POPE-mobile has another impact with a wall. It would need a miracle.
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_45_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_46_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_47_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_48_pb.jpg


Racing at night . . .
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_49_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_50_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_51_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_52_pb.jpg


RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_53_pb.jpg


And the winner is: JoeOfTheFire
RM_CircuitdelaSarthe2009_54_pb.jpg


And that's it.
 
Last edited:
Sweet pics! You'd be hard pressed to get a pic of my car without damage. Maybe wait outside the pits, lol.
 
Nice contribution Mic. I've been busy a little this week and haven't had the time to add in week 2's results, pics and standings, but it will get done late tonight. I'll post tomorrow when the league site is updated and throw a few select pics of Le Sarthe in here as well.
 
Back