Race Modified Endurance Tour::Season 1 Ended::Season 2 Coming Soon::Leave Feedback:

  • Thread starter Thread starter swervesauce
  • 435 comments
  • 24,204 views

How long do you want to race?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
I really struggled with such a long track and heavy damage. I'm getting used to my wheel and the rain was just too much. I'm sure i could've done a few clean laps, but its just so fustrating to do 10min+ with damage.

Sarthe is a much wider track, and i'll have a week worth of practice so i'm sure i'll do better.

One big complaint though. Its so distracting having people txt chatting while qualifying. If you want to chat that much, get a mic!
 
where is the race? whose hosting it? I just join Swervesauce lobby and everyone was leaving.

Yeah can't find yall.

Edit: Room full, well that sucks.

i can't find anyone. There's no one in swerves lobby, jav msg me saying room was up but there's no one in his either.
To these first 3 messages, the OP clearly states that I will invite you into a text chat (sent multiple times) prior to race to discuss and organize. There were issues and they were being discussed in the chat.
Just noticed the OP says there's over 20 signed up. Who does that? Signs up more people then there are slots?!? And now after 3 weeks of practicing and talking about it, i can't even find out where the race is!
I did that! If there happen to be more than 16 confirm I would've split it up. It's just a sign up list, something I can look at to see who to msg,invite,etc. I never recieved more than 8 confirmed replies on numerous occassions and never had more than 5 show up to practice. I know you did, and you know there were hardly anyone show, some I've never heard from, 2 never accepted friend requests. I really tried to make this easy, starting this thread 20 days ago. I tried to make it super organized just didn't get cooperation on some levels. All the info has been in the OP, and I've referred to re-reading the OP several times.

On race day, just so happens that 14 people (the room wasn't "full", I just set it to 14 because that is all I had in my chat room) show up on race day, several of which I've never heard from. Which is why I stated in the OP and sent invites for a chat, so I would know exactly how many people want to race. It's really not that complicated. Now I'm not picking on you or calling you out, but you're complaining here and I'm trying to get you to see the mishaps.

i've never had to click on the yellow symbol, always clicked on the coffee cup. Either way, it wouldn't let me join and only showed 3 people in there.
The yellow symbol is a "join" symbol for when someone has an open lobby (not lounge). It's way easier to click that then to search and or enter a room number. This was also explained in chat room.

UPDATE, now i'm in and there's still room to join.
This was explained above

Disconnected from PSN as race started, was quite a let down. I assume that's my fault but everyone else was getting crazy errors and disconnections. Whatever, next sunday hopefully.
Rich, I have no idea what the deal was. Everyone seemed to be having issues, but after a bit everyone finally loaded in. I don't know why you got booted right at start. The race started with 12.

Yeah, kept getting disconnected, once everyone was in I was lucky to last a minute before DC. Australia here, so I'm not too surprised. Was really looking forward to it tho. At least I have a good car I wouldn't have thought of buying otherwise :)
Sorry man, I know you've had issues connecting several times. I hope we can get you in.

I really struggled with such a long track and heavy damage. I'm getting used to my wheel and the rain was just too much. I'm sure i could've done a few clean laps, but its just so fustrating to do 10min+ with damage.

Sarthe is a much wider track, and i'll have a week worth of practice so i'm sure i'll do better.

One big complaint though. Its so distracting having people txt chatting while qualifying. If you want to chat that much, get a mic!
C'mon man, just have fun. If it's not fun I couldn't play. I'm with you on the rain/new wheel. I was struggling hard, but hard is fun for me. Yes practicing the track will do you and anyone good. I will hold practices throughout the week, just like I did for the first race.

The text chatting while we're racing is annoying and I would prefer it not be done, especially if you're watching/quiting/parking, etc. It got real distracting when it was pitch black and pouring, and mics would be a preferred method of talk while racing. They are allowed, no one seems to have/use them.
 
On the heavy damage note.
The reason for this is to keep it real, simulation. It is to keep you off the walls. It is to make you pay for bad driving. Light damage forgives you too easily for that. It won't be changed. Go slower around that turn, brake earlier, control the car. There were several complaining of this and even 2-3 quitters just because of it. You've seen the rules, know what they are. If you don't want to race, please don't waste mine and your time.
 
I'm sorry about the complaining. It was getting late and i couldn't find anyone in the lobby and then i couldn't join a few times. I had a mic on mute, i hate being the only person with one.
 
On the heavy damage note.
The reason for this is to keep it real, simulation. It is to keep you off the walls. It is to make you pay for bad driving. Light damage forgives you too easily for that. It won't be changed. Go slower around that turn, brake earlier, control the car. There were several complaining of this and even 2-3 quitters just because of it. You've seen the rules, know what they are. If you don't want to race, please don't waste mine and your time.

👍
 
On the heavy damage note.
The reason for this is to keep it real, simulation. It is to keep you off the walls. It is to make you pay for bad driving. Light damage forgives you too easily for that. It won't be changed. Go slower around that turn, brake earlier, control the car. There were several complaining of this and even 2-3 quitters just because of it. You've seen the rules, know what they are. If you don't want to race, please don't waste mine and your time.

I totally get that, its just hard on such a long track. I'm kinda pissed at myself for quiting, so it won't happen next time.
 
Yeah, kept getting disconnected, once everyone was in I was lucky to last a minute before DC. Australia here, so I'm not too surprised. Was really looking forward to it tho. At least I have a good car I wouldn't have thought of buying otherwise :)

I had no connection problems, it's one of those "some days are good some days are bad" things.

There were a few guys who kept trying to get in but were getting D/C right away. If I recall right they were all from the US, so it's not a distance or ping issue
 
EVENT 1 RESULTS - NURBURGRING 24H/WEATHER/TIME

1. boltzz_ 1:29:56.301
2. JoeOfTheFire 1:30:14.304
3. swervesauce
4. Fleaver
5. Mick_C_1080
6. Jav122678
7. Thru_Purple
8. Hypergolem
9. P_O_P_E DNF*
10. Jerseyboi95 DNF*
11. NINO_1992 DNF*

*don't qualify for 10pt DNF for not completing 50% of race

**other 6 racers were more than 3 minutes behind

***full points standings, fastest lap times, and pictures will be posted on the league page
 
Last edited:
On the heavy damage note.
The reason for this is to keep it real, simulation. It is to keep you off the walls. It is to make you pay for bad driving. Light damage forgives you too easily for that. It won't be changed. Go slower around that turn, brake earlier, control the car. There were several complaining of this and even 2-3 quitters just because of it. You've seen the rules, know what they are. If you don't want to race, please don't waste mine and your time.

I fully understand the reason for using a heavy damage setting, it gave the race such a sense of realism. For the driving torture we just went through, I can say that it was the most hyper-realistic on-line driving I've done. I can recall a bunch of the crashes I had and that they were caused by my own lapses in concentration. Look at the map, back to the track - oh hell I've missed my braking point, skiiiid Thump!

The driving difficultly was all compounded by the extremely bad wet weather ( again realism ) I think it wasn't too bad until lap 5 it really turned for the worse and grip was a massive problem. I think I only made 3 of the 9 laps cleanly, I did my fair share of limping back to the pits. My pit crew guys would have hated me.

BUT here's the thing: those 3 times I was able to drive down the main straight, not thru pit-lane felt like such an achievement.
 
I had no connection problems, it's one of those "some days are good some days are bad" things.

There were a few guys who kept trying to get in but were getting D/C right away. If I recall right they were all from the US, so it's not a distance or ping issue

Has been a really bad connection day by the seems of it. Been freezing the game in online lobbies the whole day since the Enduro.

If it cant cope next sunday (monday), I'll withdraw from the series. I know its a pain seeing people connect/dis while trying to qualify...
 
I don't know how missed this thread! But is it to late or any space to register?
 
I don't know how missed this thread! But is it to late or any space to register?
It's possible. I will have to let you know. There were some that chose to quit the series and I haven't fully updated the registered list.
 
Since the lowest scoring finish for each racer is omitted from the standings, I see no reason why people can't join up to the beginning of Race 2. But, I'm not the coordinator.
 
Since the lowest scoring finish for each racer is omitted from the standings, I see no reason why people can't join up to the beginning of Race 2. But, I'm not the coordinator.

I don't think the scoring is the issue, its a matter of how many people are signed up. There was almost a full lobby last night.
 
It's possible. I will have to let you know. There were some that chose to quit the series and I haven't fully updated the registered list.

Sach is a good racer and a good adition to the series!
 
Jav
Sach is a good racer and a good adition to the series!

Yeah but he's too quick, we can't have him beating us in every series, lol.
 
Yeah but he's too quick, we can't have him beating us in every series, lol.

Lol!!! Yeah Pope is right!!! This Sach guy is terrible!!! He bumps you out all the time and flips you the bird while he's at it!!!! Ban him!!!!!!
Lol!!!
 
Since the lowest scoring finish for each racer is omitted from the standings, I see no reason why people can't join up to the beginning of Race 2. But, I'm not the coordinator.
Right, I want a full field, but we filled up last night and I don't want to tell another guy he can race and it fills up with the guys already signed up.

I don't think the scoring is the issue, its a matter of how many people are signed up. There was almost a full lobby last night.
Correct
 
I just updated the OP driver list. I made it simple. You been showing up, kinda heard from, or haven't heard from. If you see, we only started with 12. Now I know there were 3 (god616, and prolific, and rich) that either couldn't connect or got disconnected. Also if you see, there were only 8 finishers last night, so I will let Sach22 in, if in fact there is room. I'd rather have someone that is a known racer than someone who can't contact me.

The two last minute joiners (and quitters) will not be asked back, sorry.

If you see your name on the list in the wrong place, tell me.
 
Pictures and fastest lap times coming later today. I've taken them (all I care to anyway, it was a 3 hour process!) but am not around my ps3 just yet. I'm also not the best with the camera so I would insist on some of you saving the replay and maybe pitching in on the shots 👍
 
Right, I want a full field, but we filled up last night and I don't want to tell another guy he can race and it fills up with the guys already signed up.


Correct

We had a full field, room was flooded! It was a hard challenge of a race, but i can't believe half of the grid quitted in the first lap, I mean it was a bit difficult but I could mantain a decent pace for the first 4 laps running an NSX.
Everything started with a light rain, but to much for dry tires. So I started the race on intermediate tires, had a nice fight protecting the lead trhough the first 2 sectors but lost it on the start of the 3rd sector. From there was mantainig good pace and a good gap over 3rd place through lap 5
On lap 5 it really started to go south for me The Green Hell came to life, I had to pit again for full wet tires after pitting just the lap before, my pace was dropping but still could mantain 2nd place and a confortable gap to 3rd.
By lap 6 3rd place was hot on my tail, by the end of the lap he was within 1 second but I still was giving him a fight, then things got ugly, real ugly.
Lap 7 3rd and 4th place where on my tail, I gave them a little fight but it was all over for me, I spun out and severely damage my car with 1/4 of a lap to go.
Lap 8 It really got ridiculous for me, after pitting for repairs got back out, but the severe rain was to much for the NSX, I literally couldn't drive the car! Took me 6 minutes to get to the Nordshleife, by that point the leader was crossing the finish line and I just gave up. ended up falling almost a lap down and on 7th place.

I was really considering quitting the series, but it just doesn't feel right. I would like to ask Swerve for permission to change the car to an AWD one. The combination of the rain and the hard damage settings is just too much to have a good time on the NSX.
 
Last edited:
Damn sounds like it was quite the interesting and exciting race. To bad I wasnt able to make it back in time to join in.
 
Jav
I was really considering quitting the series, but it just doesn't feel right.

Kudos to you! I love to hear this.
 
Where's the stats and pics swerve?! :P
 
Where's the stats and pics swerve?! :P

Dude I know, I was in the middle of the thread post when my laptop overheated and shutdown and I've been busy with my series I host tonight.

I promise ill post a few here in the thread, with a link to all of them and have the league site updated all later tonight.
 
Last edited:
Dude I know, I was in the middle of the thread post when my laptop overheated and shutdown and I've been busy with my series I host tonight.

I promise ill post a few here in the thread, with a link to all of them and have the league site updated all later tonight.

No worries :dopey: Just giving you a hard time. Hopefully PD gives us a replay fix sooner than later.. would make that entire process a whole lot easier. 💡
 
Here are just a few of the first race pictures. The full album link to photobucket is here

Nrburgring24h.jpg

Nrburgring24h_13.jpg

Nrburgring24h_15.jpg

Nrburgring24h_17.jpg

Nrburgring24h_29.jpg

Nrburgring24h_39.jpg

Nrburgring24h_43.jpg

Nrburgring24h_52.jpg

Nrburgring24h_56.jpg
 
I'm so pissed at myself for quiting! On a good note though, I picked up a racing seat today and hope to have a cockpit built for our next race.
 
I'm so pissed at myself for quiting! On a good note though, I picked up a racing seat today and hope to have a cockpit built for our next race.
It was a tough race, but that is why it was super fun. I hope to have me a better setup here in a couple weeks when I move into my new apartment. I know I need to practice more with it. There are plenty of seconds to be shaved.

Also, the league site will be updated tomorrow. I hosted the other series tonight and I'm dam tired and just now got the ol' laptop fired up after its overheat job earlier. I'll deal with posting the time and standings tables tomorrow....err later this day:crazy:
 
I'm so pissed at myself for quiting! On a good note though, I picked up a racing seat today and hope to have a cockpit built for our next race.

Check my sig Pope!! Cheap and works great!
 
Back