Race Modified Endurance Tour::Season 1 Ended::Season 2 Coming Soon::Leave Feedback:

  • Thread starter Thread starter swervesauce
  • 435 comments
  • 24,204 views

How long do you want to race?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
I saw that registration is closed but I'll go on a waiting list if some choose to back out of the series. Let me know. Thanks.
 
Jav
Check my sig Pope!! Cheap and works great!

Already checked it out, pretty sweet. However i'm a welder by trade with a shop at my disposal, so i'll whip something up this weekend. I'm thinking aluminum so the wife can move it around.
 
Already checked it out, pretty sweet. However i'm a welder by trade with a shop at my disposal, so i'll whip something up this weekend. I'm thinking aluminum so the wife can move it around.

Hmmm... I really wanna see the outcome!! Make sure to post some pics of the setup!!
 
Hey swerve, I've just been looking through the Photobucket of the pictures.

There's some great pictures there. Well done!!

I might try to do some next race.
 
Some sweet pics swerve, especially loving the pit stops :)

👍 to PD for pit crews
 
I love picture #7! Should be the banner picture
 
I saw that registration is closed but I'll go on a waiting list if some choose to back out of the series. Let me know. Thanks.
I will put you on the alternate list agentorunge. If at the time of race the room is not full, I will invite those on the alternate.
Hey swerve, I've just been looking through the Photobucket of the pictures.

There's some great pictures there. Well done!!

I might try to do some next race.
Thank you sir

Some sweet pics swerve, especially loving the pit stops :)

👍 to PD for pit crews
I too, like the pit shots
Jav
I love picture #7! Should be the banner picture
I assume you mean picture number 7 here in the thread post? It is a sweet one. I love how clear the crowd up top came out and blurred the cars a little. It was me pulling out of the pits in front of Fleaver.
 
NEWS UPDATE - PLEASE READ​

Since the 2nd race is scheduled on Super Bowl Sunday, it will be delayed until the finish of the game. Should only be delayed an hour, 90 minutes tops. I assume this won't be an issue as I feel most if not all of you and I will be watching. If it is a problem, I apologize.

Room was set to open at 7:00pm/c for qualifying
Super Bowl start time: 5:30pm/c

Race room open will now follow Super Bowl finish
 
Sounds good Swerve. Doing any practice this week?
 
Nrburgring24h_43.jpg

This one . . . yeah I noticed this too. It's great with all the detail, the people up in the high price seats, the pit crews waiting. Plus just how cool the cars look, they're blurred, there's rooster tails of spray. great shot.

I picked out a few of the others from your photobucket that I really liked.
- - - - - - -
Good shot of the start, shows the turn 1 (controlled) madness as the crowd looks on.

Nrburgring24h_3.jpg

- - - - - - - -
One of me having my car fixed in the pits, one of the numerous times.

Nrburgring24h_40.jpg

- - - - - - - -


This one I feel really captures the mood and feel of the race, a racer in his car facing his real challenge: a dark, undulating, twisting road that seems to go on forever. The headlights are trying to push into the darkness, but can only go so far. The odds are against him . . . good luck driver.

Great shot, well done.

Nrburgring24h_35.jpg
 
Last edited:
Wow! That last one is beautiful!
 
Swerve I just got word that my race that was supposed to be today got moved to Sunday night due to the recent round of snow/ice NJ just got, and these things go pretty long. If the race starts at 8est I'll almost certainly miss it because my race starts at 7pm (EST).

I think you know I really wish I could make it but I'm not skipping states for GT5 :P
 
Swerve I just got word that my race that was supposed to be today got moved to Sunday night due to the recent round of snow/ice NJ just got, and these things go pretty long. If the race starts at 8est I'll almost certainly miss it because my race starts at 7pm (EST).

I think you know I really wish I could make it but I'm not skipping states for GT5 :P

I here ya. Read post #248 though. My race start time has been moved back.
 
Jav
Seeing all the awsome pictures remind me of this video, I know all you guys will enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bheTEju1kc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That video was sweet! I love how involved the drivers are in the pit stop. The new driver flags down the car, opens the door, takes down the net, helps the exhausted driver out. Then the exhausted driver helps the new driver in, shakes hands for good luck, puts up the net and closes the door. I'm not sure why, but to me that was the coolest part. The drivers are just another member of the team.
 
Oh the SET time was 7. Well say 4 hours of the game to finish, it starts at 5.30c thats 9.30/10ish c making it 11est which is very late and I will probably still be at my race anyway lol. Basicalllly my attendance is doubtful. Even if I do get home in time it'll be a squeeze and I might just opt out for sleep considering it'll be sunday night.
 
When you going to have your lounge open for practice? I want to possibly hop in to give it a run also, thanks.
I should be on later tonight, I've been real busy with the real world and haven't got to play as much as I'd like over the past two weeks. I'll contact you when I'm on.

Oh the SET time was 7. Well say 4 hours of the game to finish, it starts at 5.30c thats 9.30/10ish c making it 11est which is very late and I will probably still be at my race anyway lol. Basicalllly my attendance is doubtful. Even if I do get home in time it'll be a squeeze and I might just opt out for sleep considering it'll be sunday night.
Hey I understand, and if you can make you can make it. If not, your spot will be there on week 3. We'll just play it by ear on Sunday and see how your schedule goes.
 
Ok guys, the results, standings, and photo reel is up on the league site.
 
won and still 2nd, brutal :dunce:

Yeah, you won the race by something like 18 seconds. 👍

I guess I'm ahead on points because I had pole and also led the most laps.

EDIT: Yep, I got 10 points for pole, and 5 for most laps left. You got 5 for fastest lap.
 
Last edited:
Swerve-

I feel the current point structure could use some remodeling after comparing it to various other leagues on GTP and to the structures of real racing leagues. My concern is that in all the other leagues there is a significant diminishing of points in the higher positions and a closer distribution of small point sums among lower positions to accurately reflect the relative difficulty of earning each position. For example, I would hope that as you climb higher in position, the reward for earning the next position increases. That is to say you would gain more points for increasing position from 3rd to 2nd than from 16th to 15th. As it stands, moving from 3rd to 2nd only gains you 1 point more than moving from 16th to 15th.

A second concern of mine is the weight given to bonus achievements in a race, such as leading the most laps, pole qualifying, etc. As it stands, qualifying on the pole counts for 20% of the point total you receive for finishing 1st, and the gap between 1st and 2nd is only 6% of that total. In an endurance series especially, I don't feel that qualifying on the pole alone should allow someone to finish in second and end up with a higher point total than the 1st place finisher.

I hope this is not interpreted as a complain from a brat upset with the standings, for I truly believe a restructuring of points will help to make this league more competitive and stronger than ever.

My suggestion for a point breakdown:

Most Laps Lead - 3 pts
Pole - 2 pts
Fastest Lap - 2 pts

1-50
2-40
3-36
4-32
5-28
6-24
7-21
8-18
9-15
10-13
11-11
12-9
13-8
14-7
15-6
16-5
 
An excerpt taken from a discussion Mic_Col and I had within Swerve's forum:

"So here I thought that if the points given for placings goes deep, with good 'value' all the way down to 10th or 12th or something. Then there's still a good reason to fight for 7th or 8th place. It's still worth your time to get the car fixed and get to the end of the race."

This is a very good point, Mic_Col. If I understand you right, you're suggesting that there needs to be a bigger difference between lower finishing racers. Instead of a point system skewing heavily towards the podium and winner, you would like one that distributes evenly between racers. For example, 30 pts for 1st, 28 pts for 2nd, and -2 for every place after. I can see how this working well, especially if Swerve maintained the current point system for pole position, fastest lap, and laps led.


I do agree with you on the idea that points awarded for Pole Position, Laps Led, and Fastest Lap should be reduced. But, I do not agree that adjustments should be made after the first race. We should take constructive criticism and apply it to future series.
 
EVENT 1 RESULTS - NURBURGRING 24H/WEATHER/TIME

1. boltzz_ 1:29:56.301
2. JoeOfTheFire 1:30:14.304
3. swervesauce
4. Fleaver
5. Mick_C_1080
6. Jav122678
7. Thru_Purple
8. Hypergolem
9. P_O_P_E DNF*
10. Jerseyboi95 DNF*
11. NINO_1992 DNF*

*don't qualify for 10pt DNF for not completing 50% of race

**other 6 racers were more than 3 minutes behind

***full points standings, fastest lap times, and pictures will be posted on the league page

Swerve, you mixed up my points and Mick_C_1080 on the standings you posted on your page.
 
Swerve-

I feel the current point structure could use some remodeling after comparing it to various other leagues on GTP and to the structures of real racing leagues. My concern is that in all the other leagues there is a significant diminishing of points in the higher positions and a closer distribution of small point sums among lower positions to accurately reflect the relative difficulty of earning each position. For example, I would hope that as you climb higher in position, the reward for earning the next position increases. That is to say you would gain more points for increasing position from 3rd to 2nd than from 16th to 15th. As it stands, moving from 3rd to 2nd only gains you 1 point more than moving from 16th to 15th.

A second concern of mine is the weight given to bonus achievements in a race, such as leading the most laps, pole qualifying, etc. As it stands, qualifying on the pole counts for 20% of the point total you receive for finishing 1st, and the gap between 1st and 2nd is only 6% of that total. In an endurance series especially, I don't feel that qualifying on the pole alone should allow someone to finish in second and end up with a higher point total than the 1st place finisher.

I hope this is not interpreted as a complain from a brat upset with the standings, for I truly believe a restructuring of points will help to make this league more competitive and stronger than ever.

My suggestion for a point breakdown:

Most Laps Lead - 3 pts
Pole - 2 pts
Fastest Lap - 2 pts

1-50
2-40
3-36
4-32
5-28
6-24
7-21
8-18
9-15
10-13
11-11
12-9
13-8
14-7
15-6
16-5
The reason why I chose this structure system is to keep it tight, keep it interesting, and to keep guys in the series. With the huge challenges of the series (long races, heavy damage, etc) it would be very easy and likely to fall behind in a race. The goal is to keep guys racing, a reason to keep racing even after falling behind. I've noticed in my other series that by having such a big gap, the middle to lower finishers had no reason to come back after 3 races, being almost out of the hunt not even a 1/4 of the way in. This series is different than most. It is enduring a long stretch of hard racing. I saw it easy to get un interested with a big gap in points. I did take a look at what others were doing and chose to do different. Now that being said, I had very little feedback and come up with the structure with Fleaver and Mic in my forums. Also, I don't think it is perfect and don't know how to make it perfect. You make a good point and after thinking and looking back, a slight remodel isn't out of the question and I don't take offense to your opinion. That being said, I would like some feedback from the rest of the guys too. Changing the structure isn't going to affect how I race nor do I think anyone else, so a change after the start isn't out of this world crazy to me.

The one thing that sticks out to me is the bonus. They are little to heavy. Secondly I believe the structure you laid out is too big of a gap, so after some thinking and math I've come up with something in the middle. My original system had last recieving almost 40% of first place points, your suggestion has it down to 10%, this is 30% but more bite for winning, as follows:
1.100
2.85
3.80
4.75
5.70
6.65
7.61
8.57
9.53
10.49
11.45
12.42
13.39
14.36
15.33
16.30

most laps 5
fastest 3
pole 3

Dnf 25
 
Last edited:
An excerpt taken from a discussion Mic_Col and I had within Swerve's forum:

"So here I thought that if the points given for placings goes deep, with good 'value' all the way down to 10th or 12th or something. Then there's still a good reason to fight for 7th or 8th place. It's still worth your time to get the car fixed and get to the end of the race."

This is a very good point, Mic_Col. If I understand you right, you're suggesting that there needs to be a bigger difference between lower finishing racers. Instead of a point system skewing heavily towards the podium and winner, you would like one that distributes evenly between racers. For example, 30 pts for 1st, 28 pts for 2nd, and -2 for every place after. I can see how this working well, especially if Swerve maintained the current point system for pole position, fastest lap, and laps led.

I do agree with you on the idea that points awarded for Pole Position, Laps Led, and Fastest Lap should be reduced. But, I do not agree that adjustments should be made after the first race. We should take constructive criticism and apply it to future series.
I am not totally against it as I feel it doesn't change anything after one race, however if we can't agree on a change before race two, it will not change and like you state, it will be taken as constructive criticism and be applied in the future.

Swerve, you mixed up my points and Mick_C_1080 on the standings you posted on your page.
My bad, will update. You always got my back
 
The reason why I chose this structure system is to keep it tight, keep it interesting, and to keep guys in the series. With the huge challenges of the series (long races, heavy damage, etc) it would be very easy and likely to fall behind in a race. The goal is to keep guys racing, a reason to keep racing even after falling behind. I've noticed in my other series that by having such a big gap, the middle to lower finishers had no reason to come back after 3 races, being almost out of the hunt not even a 1/4 of the way in. This series is different than most. It is enduring a long stretch of hard racing. I saw it easy to get un interested with a big gap in points. I did take a look at what others were doing and chose to do different. Now that being said, I had very little feedback and come up with the structure with Fleaver. Also, I don't think it is perfect and don't know how to make it perfect. You make a good point and after thinking and looking back, a slight remodel isn't out of the question and I don't take offense to your opinion. That being said, I would like some feedback from the rest of the guys too. Changing the structure isn't going to affect how I race nor do I think anyone else, so a change after the start isn't out of this world crazy to me.

The one thing that sticks out to me is the bonus. They are little to heavy. Secondly I believe the structure you laid out is too big of a gap, so after some thinking and math I've come up with something in the middle. My original system had last recieving almost 40% of first place points, your suggestion has it down to 10%, this is 30% but more bite for winning, as follows:
1.100
2.85
3.80
4.75
5.70
6.65
7.61
8.57
9.53
10.49
11.45
12.42
13.39
14.36
15.33
16.30

most laps 5
fastest 3
pole 3

I appreciate you looking at it with such an open mind, and understand you trying to set your league apart a bit from the rest 👍. I had also looked at doing pts where it started at 100, and I don't think it's a bad idea really. The numbers above are definitely a bit more balanced than original. I am also curious to see everyone's opinion in the matter!
 
Hey I'm a open minded, nice guy. I don't have thin skin and like opinions so it's always welcome. Yes my goal was to seperate from what others were doing simply because I didn't like, and hadn't like the results I got from doing the norm in the other series. Also, starting with 100 was just easier math for me :)

It will have to me an agreement for there to be a change though.
 
Back