Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
Zo and all

I had great fun tonight. Can we have only rain races from now on?? It could be called Rain Racers Reunited?:D Or Racers in the Rain??💡
I won't make anymore suggestions Zo but the rain idea was yours mate. ;)

Having actually won some races I only remembered to save the last one!!!! :banghead:Typical.

Amazing racing by all as despite the icy rain there was hardly any contact throughout!!

Looking forward to next weeks racing

:cheers:

Yeah, good driving Suts (and nice choice of car). Have you got webbed feet or something? I can't believe how good the dynamic weather thing can work and the interest it can give a race. The dry to wet scenario seemed to produce the best results.

I've given a little thought to a variation on the 'Bashers and Racers' set up. The race would be at Autumn Ring Mini, so that the laps are very short. Bashers would be in Schwimwagens, and the racers would be in Rockets. Clearly, the racers would be able to run rings around the Bashers if they were going the same way, so the Bashers have to go the wrong way round. Racers have to use real guile and swerveabilty to avoid the slow moving Bashers, because damage will be on hard! :crazy:

Just a thought, feedback would be appreciated :)

Cheers, Zo.

feedback would be appreciated
Well the heavy damage would certainly add a strategic element. Bashers wouldn't want to bash each other too much for fear of being unable to bash a racer. On the other hand bashing another basher might stop them from hitting your racer. And hitting a racer would result in a basher getting damaged. You'd certainly have to pick your moments with a little more care.
The pit lane will be busy I expect. :)

The overall basher idea could perhaps be expanded into a version of tag somehow? Or even football - I've seen it done!

Slight modification on the Basher thing chaps, given that the Schwimwagen (or whatever it's called) isn't very heavy. How about the Bashers being Range Rover Evoques, with their BHP set to match that of the Rocket. Their power/weight will be about 9kg per BHP, compared with the Rocket's 2kg. Put the Evoque on C/M and it should be difficult to nail a jinking Rocket with it, but if you do, the Rocket should sustain much more damage than you do.

In the absence of dissenting voices that's what I intend to do next Tuesday chaps. But if you really don't fancy it, please speak up.

I'll update post 1 in a few minutes.

Meanwhile, I've had a look at the replay, and I can confirm that BB took the win in the third race last Tuesday. I can't recall what the results of the other races were ;)

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Sorry Tarn.

Cheers, Zo.

Nice one! My saved replay tells me I'm in second, but the camera says otherwise. Great race whatever the outcome.

Think the rover is a better option to be honest, it is more usable than the boat. should be s giggle

Sounds great fun. I do wonder if light damage is better. You are definitely damaged for at least half a lap but then everything returns to normal without pitting. Just wondering if the flow of the race will go with everyone pitting. If we're doing short races then we could experiment?
Having said that, you're the boss Zo and happy to go with whatever you decide.

:cheers:

we could experiment?

Well, we are an experiMENTAL club Suts, so I think trying different settings will be a good idea.

As before, if we've got an odd number in the room I'll stand by and watch (and pick up a few hints on Bashing from BB).

Cheers, Zo.

Should be racing this week chaps now that I am back from Austria.
Half of Austria is now demolished and lies in smoking ruins after you bashed everything
and everyone in your sight. I trust it was a good trip?

22nd November (my 56th birthday, so bring a cake!)
Woah, happy birthday Zo. I had no idea.
I won't be able to race today and I don't have a cake either. Please don't shoot me.
I'll give you something else instead, a glimpse of the first basher race we did;

To curious people and lurkers alike, this is what a basher race with Zolon looks like.
I wasn't able to capture the mics though, it's a lot easier to understand the goings on
when you hear the chatter and strategies between teammates.

Watch Suts' car, it's all over the place. : )

See you hopefully next time.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'm going to make your birthday bash Zo. :indiff:
I was looking forward to it as well.

Have a good one.

Woah, happy birthday Zo. I had no idea.
Many happy returns zo!
Happy birthday
Happy Birthday Zo :D

Thanks very much chaps.

I was looking forward to it as well.

Unfortunately you didn't miss out on too much fellas. What we did get done was really ace, but PSN was doing everything in its power to bugger things up.

The Evoque and Rocket seemed like a good combination, but we learned three things last night:

1/ The Rocket can take an almighty bash to the front without losing any engine power. You have to get it at the back or side to get at its motor.

2/ It's probably best to ban BB from any future Bash/Race events, he's way too good at both smashing and dodging. It's like he's some sort of Motor Martial Art Grand Master. Ridiculous :eek:

3/ Heavy damage is probably a bit too much.

So, on to Tuesday 29th, and the revival of a race we did some considerable time ago. The Mazda Autozam(?) or whatever it's called. 445pp C/S tyres, around Midfield Reverse. Everyone who took part agreed that it was a real classic. That car is such a 'character' you have to keep right on top of it every second of every lap, or you're fleckling (the wife watches Strictly) all the way into the scenery. (Okay, I watch Strictly too, sometimes.)

So fellas, get the tiny Mazda out, and practice applying precisely the correct amount of opposite lock at precisely the correct moment and you will probably glide past a load of waltzing machines to record a well deserved victory :)

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Ay guys is this league still active? Add me Garthaniel86

Well, it's not so much a league as such. More a weekly piss taking competition to be honest. But yeah, we're active alright, and we always welcome anyone who would like to join with open arms. Or is that alms? Damned English language! I mean, armed forces; what the hell is that? As opposed to the forces who don't have arms? Like bodies and legs, but no arms. That's ridiculous.

But anyway, yeah Garth. You're welcome. If you fancy giving the Autozam a spin on Tuesday just pop along.

Cheers, Zo.

Shared my weird looking tune with suts , he's in agreement that the car drives well with it. It does have some strange numbers in it, but the lap times don't lie.

Looking forward to this one, it's been a while

I will be missing tomorrow nights race as I am going to be seeing Josh Widdecombe live on his latest tour. Should be quite funny.

Even though I've been down to Halford's and bought an opposite lock, I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss the 'Zams. I loved the previous race too.

Have fun.

(I might be away from GT for a little while - I'm ok)

Back