Racers Reunited. It's over! RR GT6 is no more. Tuesday's will now be for GTS (Maybe PC2 some times)

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 1,681 comments
Ha- ha I know what you' re meaning and definitely love it too - to be the winner one :embarrassed:
unlike Mark, who nicked it from Jammy just yards from the line. I love it when that happens, (Not to Jammy in particular you understand, just in general. And not to me either, for that matter. Anyway, I love it :))

Have a nice holidays and drive safely!

@ERAUfan97 @jammy21 @buybon355 @IfAndOr @Venari @Sutsagrd

Sorry folks, complete cock-up on the car thing. It's the 2002 Vitz/Yaris we're using, not the 2000, sorry! :dunce:

Cheers, Zo.

Hi Zo and all

Sorry I've not been about but I was away on hols.

However I did go here...

IMG_3578.JPG

IMG_3623.JPG
IMG_3625.JPG
IMG_3629.JPG
IMG_3638.JPG
IMG_5684.JPG
Snapseed.jpg

And then made a pilgrimage...

IMG_3687.JPG
IMG_3691.JPG
IMG_3695.JPG
IMG_3698.JPG
IMG_3703.JPG
IMG_3707.JPG
IMG_3716.JPG
IMG_3720.JPG
IMG_3722.JPG
IMG_3723.JPG
IMG_3724.JPG
IMG_3725.JPG
IMG_3726.JPG
IMG_5921.JPG
IMG_5929.JPG
IMG_5938.JPG

Obviously I was at Goodwood FoS and then managed to get to Pagani and then Ferrari museums at Modena and Maranello while on holiday!!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Now that, was a good use of time. Your shot of the Testarossa brought back a memory - it was the first Ferrari I ever saw in the flesh - it was at Ingleston Race Track, a few years ago now, and I was gobsmacked. I had never seen a car with so much presence, it is so wide. Italy too, wow. I would love to drive all the way round the Italian coast line, and spend at least a week in the Lake Como area.

Your shot of the Testarossa brought back a memory
Thanks Tom. It was my memory of the first arcade racing game I played...Outrun and obviously Miami Vice that meant I had to take the shot of the side vents and the testarossa's width!!
Had to do with a hire car out there but the drive around Modena and then Tuscan hills and Chianti country was amazing.

Thanks Tom. It was my memory of the first arcade racing game I played...Outrun and obviously Miami Vice that meant I had to take the shot of the side vents and the testarossa's width!!
Had to do with a hire car out there but the drive around Modena and then Tuscan hills and Chianti country was amazing.
I enjoy photography, and Italy would be fab to work in; Tuscany is gorgeous - I can see myself getting up early to capture morning mist over those curving hills, and out again in the evening for terrific sunsets - oh yeah. How about all those old and beautiful medieval towns too.... one of these months.... :)

Tuesday 25th July (By now, this will either be the most popular theme in our history, or it will have died a death) Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg ZR 97 at Suzuka.

Well, if we are running this tomorrow, I'm setting up a practice room soon tonight. Don't know how long I'll be on.

Well, if we are running this tomorrow, I'm setting up a practice room soon tonight. Don't know how long I'll be on.
I may even be available for this tomorrow. Tonight probably not so much.

Do any of the leaders of this club know what my power percentage will be for tomorrow? I am not sure how it's calculated

I am not sure how it's calculated
it's some deeply scientific formula that can only be worked out by using a super computer, or Zo and his calculator. And he's on holiday!
It's just there to help make everyone fairly competitive. So set it to around 90% to start with and then just tweak it up or down as you think fit.

The handicapping will come into play this week more so than last since Suzuka has some longer faster sections.

I hope to be there @Venari 👍. Absolutely zero practice though, well so far anyway.

it's some deeply scientific formula that can only be worked out by using a super computer, or Zo and his calculator. And he's on holiday!
It's just there to help make everyone fairly competitive. So set it to around 90% to start with and then just tweak it up or down as you think fit.

The handicapping will come into play this week more so than last since Suzuka has some longer faster sections.

I hope to be there @Venari 👍. Absolutely zero practice though, well so far anyway.
Ok will do :) I hope to be there as well since I am not working

It was good to get into a testing lobby with @IfAndOr tonight, even if I was a bit squiffy. Anyway Paul, I came here to remind you to put your power back up before further testing. After dropping yours to match my non-oil change level. :cheers:

Good fun around Suzuka all. The Cyborg wasn't quite as exciting as its name suggests, but it wasn't bad though.

I did a little testing later. To give everyone/anyone a chance to practice...

How's about this as a (completely different) idea to fill in for next Tuesday.

The stock Shelby Cobra 427 S/C chromeline on SM (SS*) tyres around my track Hammer Hill.

It's a fast track which suits the car once you've got used to the brakes. I managed a 2.27 on SM at 100% (with oil)
Give it a try and see what you think.
(As an alternative, or perhaps as well as, the Aston Martin V12 Vantage also feels good and is around the same pace.)

*if required. Traction control could also be allowed if needed.

put your power back up before further testing.
I had forgotten! Ta. Good to see you back on track - and as fast as ever. ;)

Last edited:
I'm not as fast as most of you lot
Don't worry, I'm not as fast as most of this lot either. :)

It'll be good if you can join us at some point. To make you feel at home I'll ask you a series of general knowledge questions as you drive around. Not sure about the £40 bar tab if you answer them correctly though. Maybe a free GT oil change. :P

Got disconnected mid-sentence there :lol:
It'll be those those damn moderators cutting you off. :mischievous:

Hammertime with the Cobra. OK, I'll give that a try. Famine, you're ready for 82% on the limiter. :D

EDIT: 2m27 in lobby, or in free run? My impatient driving style suits the Aston far more than the Cobra. I can do the same time in both cars, but I can do it ten laps in a row in the Aston, maybe once in the Cobra.

I like Andalusia tracks in general.

As I was so rudely interrupted by being booted out of the lobby, I was thinking of a stock MR handicap series to replace the FFs, but with the common theme being split tyres - CM front/CS rears, say. Testing some of the 350-400PP cars has brought good results so far.

Last edited:
2m27 in lobby, or in free run?
It was in a free run lobby if you see what I mean. Tyre wear on ect. Generally it was 2.30's

Yeah the Aston is the milder mannered of the two, I like that too. I think I was running that on SH. The Cobra can be the most smile inducing when you get it right though. I don't mind either way. Perhaps mix and match.
I was considering light boost just to keep everyone together. :scared:

Stock MR's sounds good. I was thinking of a short Renault Sport series at some time. Your recent Honda event got me thinking, 3 progressively quicker cars 3 races type of thing.
We'll have to pitch them to Zo on his return.

Famine, you're ready for 82% on the limiter. :D
Yeah, I started with 90%, but then noticed the times and moved to 88.5% for race 1. As I was a bit distant, with @ERAUfan97's last two laps of nitrous (I'm guessing it was at 50-60% nitrous?) closing the gap only slightly, I moved it down to 86.5% for race 2, but we were still waaay ahead. I dropped it to 85% for the last race and that was much closer, but I did also cock about with the nitrous - I had been running 35% in race 1 and 30% in race 2, but moved it to 45% for race 3.

I think that, despite hating the circuit, my hands just like Suzuka in FWD Mitsubishi crapboxes.

Incidentally, I'm aware of the Colt and Yaris, and they're in post 2, but what other FWD crapboxes have been used so far?

Last edited:
First few:

Swift 05, Clio RS 11, 106 Rallye, Focus ST 13, Lupo GTi, Mini Marcos GT 70, Kusabi 03, Mini Cooper S 11, Ford Ka (yes), Honda Integra Type R (DC5) 04.

There was a Civic before then, I think. Story starts on page 35 of this thread.

In between the Marcos and the Kusabi, I did a Honda special (Civic EK TC, 1300/9, City Turbo II).

First few:

Swift 05, Clio RS 11, 106 Rallye, Focus ST 13, Lupo GTi, Mini Marcos GT 70, Kusabi 03, Mini Cooper S 11, Ford Ka (yes), Honda Integra Type R (DC5) 04.

There was a Civic before then, I think. Story starts on page 35 of this thread.

In between the Marcos and the Kusabi, I did a Honda special (Civic EK TC, 1300/9, City Turbo II).
Then I have a couple of possible suggestions :D

I may seem insane, but Honda Insight '99/Toyota Prius '03 - the hybrid systems make for some very interesting racing past about 12 minutes. If they're a bit slow (they'll be about the same as the Yaris), the Spoon CR-Z is much the same and loads of fun. There's also the Abarth 500 '09, the Citroen C4 VTS '05 and, if you don't mind a two-door coupe, the Renault Avantime.

Does the Avantime handle OK? Because barge racing sounds fun.
Call me a masochist, but 15 minutes of High Speed Ring (forward; reverse bizarrely doesn't have variable weather) in the Avantimes sound like fun. I'm not sure HSR races will work well with the handicap system though - so that's one for a test.

Spoon CR-Z at Apricot Hill Reverse gives me goosebumps - although I don't know what tracks you guys have done either!

Call me a masochist, but 15 minutes of High Speed Ring (forward; reverse bizarrely doesn't have variable weather) in the Avantimes sound like fun. I'm not sure HSR races will work well with the handicap system though - so that's one for a test.

You're a masochist.

And a big draughty gaylord.

Nothing beats HSR in MR2 Mk1s for big draughty gaylord masochism though. Aside from the pit entry armco.

@JockeP22 - Aside from having camber and being really tall in front (I rarely reverse rake my tunes more than 20mm - it has to look good, dahlink) that looks like a tune I'd set up.

Last edited:
DP. So here's my almost fully formed idea for a handicap series which should promise fun racing with a variety of winners/placings. I wanted to do it with MR cars, but it works in principle with anything.

First: some history. UKGTPs have historically run a handicap series where there are a set selection of vehicles, everyone starts in the fastest, and if you win a race, you graduate into the next SLOWEST vehicle. Eventually, someone gets into the slowest vehicle of all (usually a lot slower than the prior one), and the first to win in that slowest car wins the event.

Well, this idea is like that, except turned on its head, and completely open for vehicles.

I call it: The Snowballin' Handicap System.

You start off with a PP Limit - and you can choose a lowly kei car, say, to suit that. Let's say the limit is 350PP, and you add an exhaust and sports ROM/computer to get it there.

Now you go race with (say) six friends. When you place, you take your position multiplied by "a fudge factor", and add that number to your personal PP limit. If you placed third, and the week/race's factor is 3, then 3*3=9, your new PP limit is 359. The winner will be on (350+1*3=) 353, last place will be on (350+7*3=) 371.

Everyone uses power adders to tune their car up to their new PP limit, and then we start race two! The PP change for last can be a substantial jump - but you can pretty much guarantee the placings won't be the same for race two...

After the week's round of three races, if you're awesome, you'd be on 359, and the ubersuckiest racer would be on 413 - but that's highly unlikely. Race controller can adjust how fast the PP limits rise with the fudge factor. 3 is pretty fast, 2 is probably adequate - and good with larger fields of drivers, 1 probably doesn't work quickly enough - especially for small fields.

The increase in PP limit for everyone lends the name - the scores have snowballed!

What it does mean is that the car you chose at the beginning of the week might not be able to cope with all the PP you're throwing at it. Hence, change the car! Car choice would be open given the basic rules (e.g. MR street cars, power mods only) and you are free to change your car at any point whatsoever - as long as you don't break your PP limit.

As for winners, well, I don't care too much. There could be some fancy formula which figures out who has had the least PP increase throughout the series/consistently highest placing... but the point is we have a lot of close, fun, varied racing around a theme... a handicap!

If anyone wants to try this out, I'd like to seed the first race, so 'LIKE' this post to show interest, and have a play with this:

Buy/select a Hommell Berlinette R/S and get in it.
Oil it. Check you are completely stock in settings, PP should be 402
Arcade Single Player / Time Trial / Original / Cape Ring South (page 3 top centre).
Track Settings / Grip Reduction / Real
Driving Options / Only ABS and Driving Line allowed in aids.
Car Settings / BUY S/H, C/S, and C/M tyres... then set front as C/S, rears as S/H.
Otherwise, the car should be totally stock, don't change anything (not even brake settings.)

A. Do a few laps, then set yourself a clean time.
B. Now swap to C/M fronts, C/S rears, and do a few more laps, then set a clean time.
C. Estimate an 'average clean' time from the session you preferred driving in.

PM me these three times; e.g. "A) 1m32.425 B) 1m35.742 C) I preferred the CM/CS session, low/mid 1m36s."

The little coupe is a nice drive. It's pretty safe around Cape Ring South on the CS/SH, but it's mighty fun with CM/CS.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back