Racing Modification/ Race Modified Cars

• Thread starter joe8
  • 676 comments
Your spider sense is correct I believe.

It is.

Only premium cars get the racing mod. The 'racing mod' is suposed to be a surprise. When the official car list was first posted, they included which cars were going to be racing mods. It then was quickly taken down because it ruined the surprise.

This sucks because I wanted the Corvette Grand Sport to be racing mod again, like in GT1 and GT2. That race car version was awesome. The GS is a standard car, so no racing mod. Bah! :grumpy:

Well I think all this disappointment and bitching will lead to an improved experience in the next GT game. I'm really impressed with what they have done, but personally feel they have missed the mark with cars and customization, but then it was a massive project in the first place, so you have to give an take a bit.

A car with "race modification" has so many changes and upgrades that it has little in common with it's stock version. To accurately represent the physics it will need a completely different and unique handling model. It would be easy to just make generic "race car" handling models (FF, FR, MR) and use them for RM cars but that's not how GT does things.

I do hope PD makes additional RMs available as DLC but I understand why many cars don't have that option at the start.

There's like 4 sort of civic type-R lol Would you be a bit more precise ?

:) well there is only one 97 civic R you can buy at the dealers :)... or that is how i remember it, sadly I can't check it for you, because my PS3 broke today :ouch:

It is.

Only premium cars get the racing mod. The 'racing mod' is suposed to be a surprise. When the official car list was first posted, they included which cars were going to be racing mods. It then was quickly taken down because it ruined the surprise.

This sucks because I wanted the Corvette Grand Sport to be racing mod again, like in GT1 and GT2. That race car version was awesome. The GS is a standard car, so no racing mod. Bah! :grumpy:

actually, race mod cars are still on the official list. http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt5/carlist_en.html

Nice. The civic looks the same, except being a civic, of course.
I just feel like RM cars are what we should be able to do ourselves through the GTAuto and TUNING menus.

They had no problem "optimizing" 800+ standards, couldnt they "import" a few dozen of the old R mods from GT2...?? It wouldnt be the hardest thing to apply, with Premiums they have to model the interior when it gets stripped(i believe) not in standards just poof make a livery and change the rims and include a few color combos and preset body mods, they already had so many great R mods!

GT2 is from the bloody Ps1., and much of those cars aren't even in GT5. And adding features like that are easier said than done. If it was so easy, don't you think they would have done more?

Once again i dont mean directly import, im saying take the liveries they designed for many of the cars in GT2 that we still see as standards, and re design them in higher res for standard car R mods in GT5...

They probably didnt do it because they dotn want us to focus on Standards and they didnt want to put any more work into them than needed to save time to work on Premiums.

I hope eventually down the road they can add DLC to mod more cars. I mean this is one feature that Forza has over GT is the customization ability. I understand that some of you dont care but i meant it wouldnt hurt you to have that feature emphasized on more. having 2% of the entire car list being modifiable is pretty lame.

I think the thing that bothers me the most is not being able to change the rims on standard cars. I really want to put new rims on a MR2, Silvias, and other import tuners. It would look boring to drive stock standard cars.

Chevrolet Camaro SS RM ‘10
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM ‘69
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM ‘06
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM ‘09
Dodge Challenger R/T RM ‘70
These were the first five cars I was concerned about when I started reading.
I'm happy now, but I feel sorry for people who don't have a favorite car on that list, but I got my top 5, although, with the ZR-1 already there I would have preferred the Mustang, but it doesn't really bother me.

But dude how would you feel if you got laid 15 times every 1000 days? Just dosent make sense, i thought at least all premium cars should have RM.

Would you rather be laid 15 times every thousand days or none at all?
Seriously, is it that hard to understand that some is better than none?

It would look boring to drive stock standard cars.
Ok for photomode, this would be awsome(rim change).
But when it comes down to it and we're all goin' @it online - believe me, stock rims and car customizations are gonna be the last thing on my mind. :)

But when it comes down to it and we're all goin' @it online - believe me, stock rims and car customizations are gonna be the last thing on my mind. :)

Yeah, you'll be thinking as to why everyone on the screen has identical cars.
That's what someone would say, not me.

Would you rather be laid 15 times every thousand days or none at all?
Seriously, is it that hard to understand that some is better than none?

hm.. i still prefer nothing than having only 15 cars for RM ¬¬ Is it that hard to see they laughing of us? What can we do with all these 800 standards? nothing..

In GT1 and GT2, RM was available for ALL the car!
In GT3 and GT4, changing wheel was available for ALL the car! " yeah excepting race car.. " I though in GT5 we could change wheel for all the car and RM for more than 50% of them. I also though we could have a infinite amount of color for painting our car but from what i've seen, it seem like its only the original paint... Anyway i will have it tomorrow, lets see.

What can we do with all these 800 standards? nothing..

In GT1 and GT2, RM was available for ALL the car!
In GT3 and GT4, changing wheel was available for ALL the car! " yeah excepting race car.. " I though in GT5 we could change wheel for all the car and RM for more than 50% of them. I also though we could have a infinite amount of color for painting our car but from what i've seen, it seem like its only the original paint... Anyway i will have it tomorrow, lets see.

This is why in my opinion GT5 has gone backwards. The new features GT5 has introduced are great, but the replay factor is going to suffer due to the new features that lack substance. I honestly really hope they are able to allow me to change the wheels on standards, and down the road SERIOUSLY consider the options for GT6. I was hoping for a lot of things Forza shed light on and ended up setting the standard for. Wheel and tire sizes, plenty of opportunities for customization and upgrades. I envy Forza for their car list. I like the car that have come with GT, but 55 Skylines and a few new and kind of outdated Supercar manufactures just aren't enough.

Outdated? When has any ferrari been outdated? Or Lamborghini for that matter? And the Zonda R is the record holder for production derived sports car on the Ring. Youve got the LFA in there as well. All the moaners need to go to the EMO thread. This is about RM. I'm hoping there are more RM cars available than seen so far but we have to wait.

true that. however, it lacks the feel of character. The problem with GT games was that the cars felt like lifeless dolls. What Forza did was enable the players to create and mod a car that is THEIRS. when you play online in a race that requires the same car (standard), they are going to have the same rims, similar colors, basically nothing that sets them apart except the driver.

of course driving is the most important thing, but theres a limit to how much that can make a racing game. the lack of putting "Character" into the cars you buy is the biggest let down to me. i mean even GT4 let you change rims and add cheesy spoilers but it was something wasnt it. Now all you can do is change colors, pretty lame if you ask me.

most of you are probably going to say to go play NFS or some other game, but im a straight up car enthusiast and i aim for the more realistic racer out there first. however, second behind that is customization and Im not feeling it so far in GT5.

I'm a bit peeved that we get two Corvettes that can be RM'd but no race modifiable Dodge Vipers. Hope some DLC can fix that. :grumpy:

Back