Racing Modification/ Race Modified Cars

• Thread starter joe8
  • 676 comments
a light weight ACR with some racing tires should be pretty good for going against race modded cars!

This is kind of the problem. Perhaps the ACR is premium, but in the case of standard cars, they can be mechanically tuned to insane levels to compete with full-fledged racing cars, but they look completely stock. It looks so weird watching a car with it's little hub-caps and buggy tires mixing it up with JGTC cars.

All of the ones with a RM version on the official car list I think ,you can definitely do it to the '06 Corvette Z06

- honda civic type-R (first car) can (premium)
- Nissan Silvia (S15) can (third nissan premium)

happen to be my first 2 cars.

The nissan btw has a nice drift looking kit in there...:bowdown:

The '69 Camaro has a racing mod option and it looks SICK, like a Trans AM racer. I'm going to buy a second one and do the upgrade when I have the money.

1. Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10
2. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06
3. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09
4. Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
5. Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) RM '97
6. Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04
7. Lexus IS F RM '07
8. Lotus Elise 111R RM '04
9. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX  GSR RM '05
10. Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) RM '02
11. Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA RM '05
12. Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95
13. TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00
14. Volkswagen Golf IV GTI RM '01
15. Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM '69

edit.
'91 Acura NSX is also RMable

Pretty sure this is the list...

In my game I have an EK Civic, S15, '69 Camaro, Cappucino, Lancer IX, the Impreza... and I've confirmed they are all race moddable.

Last edited:
It was not in prologue, only ever eveah was in GT2, and now it's back...

Btw, this will be a part of upgrades and dlc i believe... 👍

So to make sure i see this right. All cars with RM at the end of the name look stock from factory but you can go to the gt auto and racing mod them? If so that is a little lame on gt5's part. But hey somethings better than nothing.

Would you rather be laid 15 times every thousand days or none at all?
Seriously, is it that hard to understand that some is better than none?

That´s not the issue. Put it like this; Would you rather be laid 15 bad times or none at all? Me, I´d go for none. When you know that something is really nice, you don´t want it ruined by some nasty experience. And that IMO is exactly what PD provides with GT5.

OK, it´s official. I can´t even RM all the premium cars?? Sorry PD, that was the final nail in the coffin. I´ll wait for GT6 and see what that holds, and hopefully they get it right that time around.

are you kidding me!!! They bring back a feature people have asked for ever since it vanished after GT2 (right?), and they limit it to 15!!!!!!!! cars out of +1000.... FIFTEEN!!! why bring it back at all!?

15 is better than 0.

Aparently you dont remember the first GT game that had the legendary "displacement up" option in the tuning section. It worked on a grand total of one car. This is not a new phenomenon for them.

Got the race mods on the '05 Impreza[P]. Looks dam sweet, goes like a rally car (duh).

Looks like this:
impreza_rally-775268.jpg

But obviously with the white GT livery (repainted red).

can someone confirm what the 1970 Challenger Looks like with Racing Mod for me? Im dying to see it!!

It looks quite nice, but the performance is pathetic.... Spending 200k+ on it and it can't even win the classic muscle cars challenge coz it gets overtaken on speed.... At least in my case....

It looks quite nice, but the performance is pathetic.... Spending 200k+ on it and it can't even win the classic muscle cars challenge coz it gets overtaken on speed.... At least in my case....

you need to tune the engine though, it doesn't get auto tuned tx to the race mods, this is not nfs shift you know...:)

Aparently you dont remember the first GT game that had the legendary "displacement up" option in the tuning section. It worked on a grand total of one car. This is not a new phenomenon for them.

What car was that?

Can you fit all the other tuning parts into it? After i Race modified my Silvia, a lot of the parts that were already installed were taken out for some reason.

Back