Rainmasters

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 183 comments
Hi guys!

I have a lot of problems with 2 circuits (La Sarthe & Nurburgring) in Rainmasters event! I bought the McLaren F1 but I just can´t win it with that car! It´s awful to drive it on those bad condition! :/

Which cars and tires are best? Help! :/

I don´t know but it seams that there´s no difference between sports hard and full wet tires! The car is bad on both of them! :/

There is already a comprehensive thread on this topic aptly named Rainmasters.

But best tires to use are Racing Softs - rain tyres have less grip.

I used a McLaren F1 Stealth Model. Nothing changed except tyres - I used intermediates. Whenever I used heavy rain tyres, the car seemed a lot harder to control. All aids turned off except ABS at 1.

Hilarious that PD still can't even get the options set right in their own officially created events. Make rain events... put AI on full wet tires... don't set the options so that wet tires provide any advantage... well played.

For these races I used the Mercedes Vision GT car, stock and on full wets, no assists. An entertaining drive but I didn't stand a chance at Spa or Le Mans, at least on the one attempt it took. On a really good lap I could gain a few tenths on the leaders, maybe a second, but then sometimes on good laps they'd pull away by several seconds. It's impossible to tell whether your pace is good enough or improving enough with all the goofy AI rubberbanding. And that rubberbanding won me both Spa and Le Mans from being way behind on the last lap and losing ground or gaining slowly, suddenly I gained several seconds per sector and snuck past the lead car on the final corner of both races.

The race on the Nordschleife is a joke, no need for rubberbanding there. I easily caught the leaders in less than half a lap, then screwed up and caught them again to win handily. Just keep the car pointed in the right direction and losing is nearly impossible. Dream Car was the same way, I guess I'll have to make changes to increase the difficulty any time that track comes up. So nice that PD puts so much effort into refining and improving the AI's driving lines on each track to fix their worst problems in between games. Love that line they take after Flugplatz.

To be fair, the Nordschleife is such a difficult track to learn that it is understandeable that they would be a bit slow for those who haven't become comfortable with it(since we can't have adjustable difficulty, that would be silly). It just seems a bit excessive to me, and of course the swerving has nothing to do with making anything easier.

Which car did you use?

I tried the Rocket, but the snapback was too intense.
Back to my beloved FXX! :D

Even though I didn't look forward to doing this one, I actually liked this event a lot!
It's refreshing having to be very concentrated and on your toes at all times.

I won the spa and the other one with FXX on racing wet tyre, man i was concentrating really hard. At the nurburgring i won it with mp4-12c on intermediate tyre, with only ecu upgrade, it was an easy win, you just have to drive carefully, the AI are really slow in the corner

I have been doing this in the Huayra and all it does is try to kill me! I have won the Spa one and have second at Circuit de La Sarthe and Nurburgring. I may have to try another car to gold them. Are you both running with TC and SRF off?

I have been doing this in the Huayra and all it does is try to kill me! I have won the Spa one and have second at Circuit de La Sarthe and Nurburgring. I may have to try another car to gold them. Are you both running with TC and SRF off?
Yes, the only aid I use is ABS 1.
I used Racing Soft tires, they have more grip than the int/wet tires.

I used the C7 Stingray with no driving aids (save for ABS1), but tuned LSD and Wet tyres. Didn't have trouble at all winning these.

I got fed up of trying to do these particular races legit, especially when I was getting the PIT maneuver done to me every so often, I just cut corners wherever I could maintain control when I got back on the track. I know, I know, normally I frown at this kind of behavior but with the limited time I have to play GT6 in the day I'm not getting stuck on these races, more so when there's unrealistic AI to put up with and chasing rabbit cars, even if it is in the wet. I just stopped having fun at some point.

I don't remember what car I used, but I remember going mad trying to figure out why I was only slightly faster than the AI. Then I realized racing tires were allowed. But it is annoying how full slicks seem to be faster even in 100% wet conditions. I've won every race there is in the wet and have yet to buy any wets or inters

I used the Huayra, just abs1. Had to be really careful and gentle about trottle control and steering (which is even harder on a DS3). I found that the AI drove quite a bit slower than what they really needed to go and i found it fairly easy, did each race first time, and i'm sure i spun out a few times too and still managed to win.. i might have needed to cut a corner once though :embarrassed:

458 stock. Manage to get gold on Nurburgring. Don't know about the other two races, because I haven't done it yet.

I use intermediate here, after the trial of overly slippery full rain tire. I found the intermediate similar to RH in the rain, with slightly more grip. I think it's reasonable up to this point.

If RS gives advantage, then it'd be a bug, I suppose.

Used stock Huyara with sports soft at Nürburgring. Came 2nd with 0.600 second cap :irked:. Haven't tried the other two races yet.

I used the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo

• TC = 1
  • Stability ON
  • Skid ON
  • Active steering OFF

• Stock
  • BB 2/7
  • LSD FC
    • 10/15/11
It was a breeze for this average driver. I took a few runs to get acclimated, a few too late braking incidents but no spin-outs.

I've just completed this, using the Speed 12. Lots of screaming ( both me and the tyres! ), swearing and laughing my socks off, but crazy as the car is, I love it. I have no clue about tuning, so just changed the top speed to suit the circuit and went for it. :D

I've just completed this, using the Speed 12. Lots of screaming ( both me and the tyres! ), swearing and laughing my socks off, but crazy as the car is, I love it. I have no clue about tuning, so just changed the top speed to suit the circuit and went for it. :D

I did the same thing, on racing hards. So much fun to wrestle about and try to get to full throttle.

Back