Rap MusicMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter RX72005
  • 106 comments
  • 4,634 views
Rap now is too commercial. People like Nelly, Ja Rule, even Joe Budden have no real involvement with Rap. All they rap about now is 24 inch rims and money. I dont give a ****e if they got money or 24 hoes (unless they wanna give me some). Listen to Biggie Eminem, 50 Cent, Fabolous, Dre, Snoop, even Sean Paul and there lyrics mean more. I know they somtimes rap about crap but they have other tunes which have meanings.

Ja Rule and Irv Gottie can kiss my ass. Ashantis a whore

Peace:trouble:
 
Originally posted by pimpin_t
Rap now is too commercial. People like Nelly, Ja Rule, even Joe Budden have no real involvement with Rap. All they rap about now is 24 inch rims and money. I dont give a ****e if they got money or 24 hoes (unless they wanna give me some). Listen to Biggie Eminem, 50 Cent, Fabolous, Dre, Snoop, even Sean Paul and there lyrics mean more. I know they somtimes rap about crap but they have other tunes which have meanings.

Ja Rule and Irv Gottie can kiss my ass. Ashantis a whore

People like Nelly and Ja Rule should be taken out back and shot. They try to do gangsta rap and fail miserably, and at least Joe Budden stays true to what he knows.

Eminem's lyrics mean something? TO WHO? He grew up in the suburbs, and tries to pretend he's a hardcore gangster. Even people in PBG would rob, and then stab him, and this town is full of cracker ass wannabes.

You can understand what Sean Paul is saying? All I hear is dududayooh and then some other random crap, then the station gets changed.

I'm sure Ja Rule and Irv Gotti would both love to kiss your ass, but don't go insulting Ashanti. She doesn't rap, she sings, and as with Joe Budden, she sings about what's real to her. If you don't respect that, don't listen to her music, but on the same token, don't insult her.

And uh, as for the 'hot tracks' aspect of this thread, Freeway's "Line 'Em Up" is good.
 
Fair point about Ashanti, just get a bit carried away cos shes linked with Ja Fool.
Sean Paul? yeh sometimes its hard to understand his lyrics but when you do catch em, they do have meaning. Not sure if you have heard "infiltrate" by Sean Paul. dope tune.

Eminem has some meaning in a few of his songs.

At the moment I'm relistening to a few old CD's (NWA, Ice Cube, Biggie and even some ICE T)

Any offence regarding Ashanti, i take back..............would like to see her move from Murder Inc though
 
It's not that I really care that much, but it's not really her fault that Jeff Atkins and Irving (Ja doesn't rule ****, and Irv doesn't deserve to be associated with the Gottis) are douchebags who try too hard to sell records by talking what people want to hear.

Have you noticed Ashanti doesn't really hang around with them anymore? Like at award shows and whatnot. Hopefully she'll sign to a real label when her contract is up.
 
funny you should mention that actually cos i was speaking to one of my g/friends mates and she said why doesnt Ja Rule do any songs with Ashanti anymore.

i didnt reply, simply gave a short stern grunt

:mad:
 
there is *some* room for 50 cent in my collection, but it's mostly 2upac, xzibit, nas, dmx, some eminem.

some of my favourite older ones are:
Run DMC, NWA, The Pharcyde, The Last Emporer

kill the damn "pop" rappers...kill them all!!!
 
Have to agree with you Emad.

The one thing thats p'ed me off the most is Blue who used the sample of Hypnotize by Biggie at the start of there song!

One other thing I hate, Fatman Scoop which came out before the first westwood album, has NOW gone in the charts in the UK. Then i hear these mofos saying " have you heard that new song by Fatman scoop" NEW? Fatman Scoop was a quality hip/hop/club track which gets all the women on the dancefloor. Another thing is when I see the likes of Eminem, Ja Rule and Nelly doing photoshoots for girls magazines (aimed at like 10 yr olds)!

I pity dem fools
 
These are my picks:
Jay-Z
Freeway
Joe Buddens
Busta Rhymes
Flipmoe Squad
Beanie Siegel
Diplomats
Nas
Memphis Bleek
Mike Jones
Paul Wall
Slim Thug
Chamilionaire
Mike Watts
Redman
Wu Tang
Ludacris (older stuff)
Lil' Jon
Eastside Boys
Tony Touch
Capone
Noreaga
Shyne
Notorious B.I.G.
Black Rob
Timberland
Missy Elliot
Poster Boy
Cee-lo
Nature
Cormega
Royce Da 5'9"
Mobb Deep
Gangstarr
DMX
DJ Kay Slay
DJ Clue
DJ Fatman Scoop
DJ Enuff
DJ Envy
DJ Green Lantern
Keith Murray
Eric Sermon
and a few more...



I hate Eminem, Nelly, and 50 Cent. I'm sick of hearing Eminem ***** in all his songs, I don't even think Nelly qualifies as a rapper, and 50 Cent can't rap period. If you've ever heard him live you know what I mean.
 
That's a pretty good list. Some I've never heard of, and some I don't agree with, but indeed, a good list 👍.

I've never heard 50 Cent live, but I'm sure it can't really be that bad. Well, maybe it can, but I don't know.
 
...





















You're kidding, right? White guys screaming at the top of their lungs while breaking **** on stage randomly is not anywhere near rap. In fact, if all music wasn't on the same planet, I'd say they weren't even on the same ****ing planet.
 
Originally posted by Ghost C
You're kidding, right? White guys screaming at the top of their lungs while breaking **** on stage randomly is not anywhere near rap. In fact, if all music wasn't on the same planet, I'd say they weren't even on the same ****ing planet.

Zach de la rocha isn't white, he's mexican (I think) and he does rap.
 
I've never heard any rap when I've seen stuff about them on TV. It just sounds like your average white people (excuse me if he's Mexican, people screaming doesn't really do it for me, no matter who they are) screaming.
 
Originally posted by Ghost C
I've never heard any rap when I've seen stuff about them on TV. It just sounds like your average white people (excuse me if he's Mexican, people screaming doesn't really do it for me, no matter who they are) screaming.

Meh.
(I would argue, but i've had a crappy Monday and i'm tired)
And I don't hate rap, I just hate overplayed commercial crap. Of any kind.
 
50 Cent is the worst rapper ever live. You can't make out what he says at all. It's just a bunch of sounds.
 
Originally posted by battle_stage
50 Cent is the worst rapper ever live. You can't make out what he says at all. It's just a bunch of sounds.
So it resembles his studio efforts?

I'm going to go listen to some Dilated Peoples and let you all argue about rap and such.
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
I just hate overplayed commercial crap. Of any kind.

What do you mean by "commerical rap"? What they play on TV and the radio? Because if that's what you're saying, I'm missing something about what makes "underground" music so much better than the rest. But that is just if that's what you're meaning...:odd:
 
Underground is better because the artists aren't sellouts. Underground bands are producing music for the love of making music while mainstream artists produce music for the monetary gains. It's true for any genre.
 
Problem with commercial Rap is that you get these rappers who do anything for the money. I mean some of these Rappers appear on Saturday morning shows, and do Front covers for teen magazines! Commercial rappers are there for the money.Thats the problem with Eminem. Pick up a copy of "Smash Hits" magazine and it'll have pics of him posing for these 9-12 yr old girls. Surely this isnt the age group for Rap? Not saying Eminems just there for the money but hes fallen into that trap.

Imagine ODB in a girls mag, It just aint gonna happen
 
I see where you're coming from, but there are mainstream rappers who don't just make music for the masses so they can get money. Granted, nobody is going to turn down money, but I also don't think all of them are in it for the money.

Take Ja, he's in it for money and fame. He went and visited some priest guy (I forget his title, I honestly don't care) to try and "mediate problems with G-Unit". 50 Cent called it what it was, BS, and refused to go.

Styles is an example of the opposite of Jeff Atkins. He doesn't just rap about how he likes to use his knife better than his gun, he actually hauled off and stabbed some guy. He just got out of prison back in late August for it, in fact.

Shyne is another example. He's in jail until around 2008 for shooting someone in the face. Like I've said before, I listen to the people who are real, and there's something about songs I can tell whether they're being honest or reading it off a page written for them. Maybe that's just me though.
 
Yeh I see your point.

See what you mean by being able to spot someone whos being manufactured and reading some lyrcs made by some other person.Some of the rap now doesnt stick to the traditional issues but they are good club tracks. Also RAp is about the beats that are used and mixing.

Thats the thing with Tim Westwood in the UK, people call him a prick but when i've been to clubs when his been there his done some dope mixing and listening to his shows he gets some of the best unreleased tracks.

Only problem is the censoring by the BBC so you miss big chunks of some of the unreleased songs.
 
for ghost c (i cant *****n use my computer) 50 sound better live i taped of the mtv awards
 
actually, check 50 cent's unreleased cd...a FEW - 2 or 3 tracks are actually pretty good...but they were remixes organized by other dj's
 
To be honest when ever i heard any rapper live they have never been as good, for abvious reasons. Its easier to rap in a studio than it is on stage where its hot and where they to move around, making them out of breath.Best rapper i've heard live is Busta Rhymes,
 
It's always easier to perform better in the studio. No ambient noise, and you're not out of breath from running around the stage. I did see Busta and Spliff a year or too ago and they were the ****! It was just hard to hear the beats cause I was standing in front of the speaker (front row). My body was vibrating it was so loud. My liver hurt after that. It was sweet :D.
 
Originally posted by Ghost C
...




















You're kidding, right? White guys screaming at the top of their lungs while breaking **** on stage randomly is not anywhere near rap. In fact, if all music wasn't on the same planet, I'd say they weren't even on the same ****ing planet.

no racism but black people rapping bout hoes and pimping isn't really rapping to me. Cypress Hill is tha shyt!
 
Yeah, I only like Cypress Hill and the Beastie Boys. Although the Beastie Boys may have some rock in it, and Cypress Hill may have endorsement of marijuana, what I do not want to do, they are still superb rap bands :)
 
Back