Rap MusicMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter RX72005
  • 106 comments
  • 4,634 views
Originally posted by Super-Supra
What is with GTP and hating Rap?
The fact that all modern day rap is nothing more than reformulated pop music with no meaning? Seriously, if I was to listen to the charts and compare the lyrics of each rap song, 99% of them would have at least one thing in common with each other.
 
What about the good rap out there that isn't played on the radio?

It's dumb to make generalizations based on mainstream music because almost all mainstream music by definition is terrible.

It's the same for every genre.
 
You can't spell CRAP without RAP.
 
...was there a purpose to your dumbass comment?
 
Originally posted by Slicks
You can't spell CRAP without RAP.

:lol: Okay, I haven't heard or seen that since 3rd grade. Watch what you post, thats the worst post ive ever seen.
 
For all those that listen to rock, a quick question.

What message does rock music put across? I never listen to it and just wondered what all this Worshipping Satan crap is about. Someone explain please?
 
Originally posted by pimpin_t
What message does rock music put across? I never listen to it and just wondered what all this Worshipping Satan crap is about. Someone explain please?

That's just a generalisation, I listen to loads of Rock/Alternative/Metal/Grunge/industrial, whatever you call it. None of it has anything about worshiping the devil. It's the same when somebody says the lyrics in Rock music is just screaming.

Meh, I don't have much respect for the majority of major rappers around at the moment. The only major artist I can think of is Outkast, who seem to try different things instead of the tried and tested formula.
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
That's just a generalisation, I listen to loads of Rock/Alternative/Metal/Grunge/industrial, whatever you call it. None of it has anything about worshiping the devil.

I just wondered why anyone would listen to music which promotes the worshipping of the devil. I mean do people really like the devil or do they just think its cool?

I need someone who actually worships the devil to answer my question :)
 
Originally posted by pimpin_t
I just wondered why anyone would listen to music which promotes the worshipping of the devil. I mean do people really like the devil or do they just think its cool?

I need someone who actually worships the devil to answer my question :)

That reminds me, I kept nagging ny mate to tell me what the hell Three six mafia meant. Then he was like '666 three sixes' and I was all like 'WTF OMG STFU n00b etc' . :odd:

Devil worshipers eh? Probably some skinny nerdy goth with his face painted white who thinks he's being different. Just as bad as those wannabe thugs wearing Avirex Jackets which could fit a whole nuther person in.
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
Devil worshipers eh? Probably some skinny nerdy goth with his face painted white who thinks he's being different. Just as bad as those wannabe thugs wearing Avirex Jackets which could fit a whole nuther person in.

Thats another thing that I cant understand. Gothic people say they dress like they do because they want to be different yet they all look the same.
 
you can't spell Crock of **** without rock but I like some rock so I shouldn't be sayin that...
 
This is for fans of rap...I mean if you don't like rap then just leave. If you don't like rap then thats all you, just leave without being a d*ck.
 
But this is a discussion forum. You're free to hate rap and post about your hatred for it right here in this thread. It would be wise to back up WHY you don't like rap as opposed to just saying "rap sucks."

Are you a firm believer in "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything a all?"
 
posted by toyomatt84

As for my choices on better that stereotypical rap.

List:
1. Swollen Members
2. Jurassic-5
3. Dilated Peoples
4. Moka Only
5. Sweatshop Union
6. Mr. Lif

Got some good stuff there, glad to see a Swollen Members fan. I like their newer stuff, but thier older stuff is the best. Id have to say Bad Dreams is their best record.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
But this is a discussion forum. You're free to hate rap and post about your hatred for it right here in this thread. It would be wise to back up WHY you don't like rap as opposed to just saying "rap sucks."

Are you a firm believer in "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything a all?"


Not really, but theres a place and a time for it all.
 
Back