Rare factory options thread

• Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 288 comments
VXR
The Bubble Era truly was the zenith for fascinating brochures. I never tire of this thread.

tumblr_otklcpNxcV1vkqy7xo2_400.gif

I’m curious if the AWD Civics had any relation to the CR-V drivetrain. Anyone familiar with them?

Not really, they've pretty much re-used the RealTime AWD system found in the EF Wagovan and Shuttle, just with a slightly bigger D-Series engine. The CR-V's RealTime system was an evolution of that.

After searching for many months, I've finally found a Cappuccino brochure:
I've got an original UK Cappuccino brochure. Doesn't go into as much detail as that one though - I figure that because of the small number they officially imported here, there weren't much in the way of options.

While on the subject of tiny, three-cylinder sports cars - just dug out this, a Brabus accessories brochure for the 2004 Smart range. Every model could be had in Brabus trim individually, but you could specify any of these accessories (including power kits and suspension upgrades) on any non-Brabus normal Smart too.

Image uploaded from iOS.jpg

Image uploaded from iOS (1).jpg

Image uploaded from iOS (2).jpg

Image uploaded from iOS (3).jpg

Image uploaded from iOS (4).jpg

Image uploaded from iOS (5).jpg

Apologies for the poor white balance - just snapped them now under incandescent light.

That would explain things then. I've seen a few Brabus fortwos here, and I believe a roadster. Might be similar to how Subaru did things then, with SYMS and Tommy Kaira having official dealer-supplied dress-up kits.

SVX
That would explain things then. I've seen a few Brabus fortwos here, and I believe a roadster. Might be similar to how Subaru did things then, with SYMS and Tommy Kaira having official dealer-supplied dress-up kits.
Were they never sold there officially? The full Brabus models have always been very expensive here but also usually a step above the DIY versions - the Brabus power kits never quite liberated the same power as going for the actual Brabus version (standard Smart Roadster was about 80bhp, Brabus power kit took it to 90-ish, full Brabus was over 100).

Think it's funny how factory and dealer-fit customisation has changed over the last ten years or so. It's gone from body kits and alloy wheels to roof decals and trim inserts.

Were they never sold there officially? The full Brabus models have always been very expensive here but also usually a step above the DIY versions - the Brabus power kits never quite liberated the same power as going for the actual Brabus version (standard Smart Roadster was about 80bhp, Brabus power kit took it to 90-ish, full Brabus was over 100).

Think it's funny how factory and dealer-fit customisation has changed over the last ten years or so. It's gone from body kits and alloy wheels to roof decals and trim inserts.

I'm not 10% sure, most probably they were, but I remember looking up the registration and noticing it was a Japanese import.

A rare Zagato package was offered on the first and second generation Toyota Harrier. This package was purely cosmetic; it featured a special grille, bumpers, spoiler, fender flares, gold five-spoke Zagato Design rims, and was only available in red. 250 were made for each generation.

upload_2018-7-20_21-55-43.png

upload_2018-7-20_21-56-15.png

upload_2018-7-20_21-55-53.png

upload_2018-7-20_21-56-45.png

upload_2018-7-20_21-56-33.png

upload_2018-7-20_21-56-2.png

VW's "Automatic Stickshift" or Autostick for short was introduced in 1968 for the Beetle and was available until 1976. It's essentially just a manual with an automatic clutch, aka semi-auto. However, unlike the standard manual transmission found on most Bugs, the Autostick was a 3 speed: Low Gear, 1st, and 2nd. The car was aimed more for city driving. Not many Beetles were equipped with this option and each day are getting harder to come by.
beige-badge.jpg
69rine080.jpg

lomisup39.jpg

Shift Diagram:
31466833_10216125836009292_893061296229933149_n_480x480.jpg

semi-auto-cutaway.jpg

Some ads for the Autostick:

Yea, I think the BRAT seats would have been better off posted in the “interesting details in cars you like” thread. My mistake.

The Ford Mondeo MkI had front windshield heating and the heating elements was clearly visible. I always found this to be a strange option. Not anymore though.

Factory painted rims?
86436D37-7C24-4356-8DD6-E9D5FFD74023.jpeg
FBA1EF6C-11B4-4A1C-85D4-FCCE5A2107C3.jpeg

Or are these custom but with the Porsche logo on them. Also the bumper looks familiar.

Back