Rate the song above you!Music 

• Thread starter gerardnl0
  • 3,653 comments
2/10 2 points for the cause. The song sucks.

IIRC, this came from a Volkswagen commercial when the New Beetle came out.

APPLES!!! 7/10 for this one, though. I love indie power pop such as Apples In Stereo, [early] The Flaming Lips, Elf Power and Jellyfish.

No screaming from Ozzy, great guitar. I am not a fan, but that was pretty good. 8/10.

I think I found this here in some music thread.

I think it is in English, I just can't understand a word'

BUT, it is great ear candy. It is on my playlist.

Last edited:
How come I didn't listen to that song when I was playing GTA SA? Most of the time I listened to Radio X though. 7/10.

CBs, and the new 55MPH speed limit inspired this song. When I was a young kid, this song was king. And I'm pretty sure it inspired the Smokey and the Bandit movie. Not really a good song, but I am rating with my bias. 8/10

When I was a young man, the cold war ended. And this song came out.

9/10. I've had the Mr. Blue Sky single (to which this is the B-side) leaning against my record player for months alongside Joe Jackson's 'It's Different For Girls'. :P

Not that this should affect the rating the song gets, I understand it's far more cacophonous than melodic, but try to bear in mind that this was released in 1979:

(I point out the track's age because that fact has been blowing my mind since the early '90s.)

I really wanted to like XTC in the 90s, "Dear God" was a favorite of mine (and it is on my playlist today). But that was the only song I ever liked by them. 4/10.

2/10. I suppose it wasn't offensive, but the strobe lights were getting to me and there weren't even any. :lol:

5/10 It just feels so overplayed. If this song/album would be a cd/vinyl etc it would be broken into small pieces by now because it was played literally almost everywhere.

I hate rap even more than I hated disco when I was a kid in the late 70's.

3/10, but only for the little bit of musicality provided by the female singer. Yeah, uh, uh.

Don't give your lions cocaine.

Back