(Read first)Nu-NEW members/Drifters, Announce yourself here!

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 810 comments
hi im looking to start my own team soon to go up against the heavy waights if your keen im opening a recruitment lobby on sunday called prophicy drifters

Drop by my thread and you can pop along and join us for some drifting. We aren't on a mahoosive amount but we try. We use mics.

D-Max Thread

Hello all, i'm new to GT5. I've come over from forza and their forums because I recently got a ps3 as well as GT5. So far I suck at drifting but ill get the hang of it soon but when I do id probably like to join a team. I dont have a mic...:(. MY current drift car is a 180sx Type X which ive fallen in love with so im going to get drifting in it if it kills me. If you guys could give me any tips that would be my appreciated! my psn is FastFreddie666. That is a hint that I need drift buddies loool

Hello people of gt planet i am TanJaM92(psn id) i am a drifter/rally enthusiast from Canada gt5 i will try to drift anything (from tank car to Formula GT) my to favorites are a 450hp tom's chaser bright pink (breast cancer paint scheme) and the other is a ultimate opal black s15 Silvia 448hp 1111kg, but have multiple others. other than gt5 if im not working im at the rally course watching dirt and snow flying. as for tunes setups im pretty-basic lil camber lower car and add more anti-roll i drift stock cars most of the time('63 1500 skyline deluxe) drifts pretty good for only 86hp LOL i mostly go by feel. look forward to hearing from some of you. Cheers :)

lol at thread number 666

Last edited:
Greetings Everyone, I am not new to Gt, Have been playing and tuning since the First one Hit PlayStation, Am not new to drifting either though it has been a few.. Just new to the forms, I am part of the SaiKou RunnerS Drift Team, and would like to meet some new people on here and exchange ideas.
Little Info about me. I have 3 Profiles on Gt5 that I play, Normally on JesseBoyd84,
I have 60 golds on the license.
If it seems I am at a Low level or dont have anything done. it is because I just started this profile after buying all available Dlc. Ruecainhells, and DemiusKnute, (My Other Profiles for GT5) Are Lvl40 with all level 30+ B spec Drivers
Not really sure what else to say except, HELLO!!!!

I'm an experienced drifter that's starting a team(since my last one broke up) I still don't have a name so should I use my previous teams name or should I just use a new one(please suggest a name if you want)

PS:I'm new to GTPlanet and I mostly drift and then ge bored on a car but my main drift cars are mostly Toyotas but my cars are Silvia S15, Scion FR-S, Toyota GT86, 1985 Toyota Corolla, and second gen. Lexus GS300

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm sure SOMEONE here has heard of me(I doubt it but hey, a guy can wish. . .) I am not what you would call "new" to GTP or GT itself. I am an experienced drifter and tuner on GT and if you ever need to I am also a VERY reliable trader. I DO NOT own a drift team NOR do I belong to one, and I am open to Try-outs, though you will have to ask me when an appropriate time would be. . . I have some things that need to be done each day like everyone else :)

Hello all, i'm new to GT5. I've come over from forza and their forums because I recently got a ps3 as well as GT5. So far I suck at drifting but ill get the hang of it soon but when I do id probably like to join a team. I dont have a mic...:(. MY current drift car is a 180sx Type X which ive fallen in love with so im going to get drifting in it if it kills me. If you guys could give me any tips that would be my appreciated! my psn is FastFreddie666. That is a hint that I need drift buddies loool

I would gladly drift with you! Once I return home from my vacation I'll send you a Friend Request :) And also, I would recommend(others would disagree with me) that you drift every new car BONE STOCK! Once you have gotten used to how the car feels out of the box, make some tweeks here and their EVER so slightly, until you get it to where you like it. Oh and this is NOT a post booster that is meant in a bad way---I have a Dodge Viper ACR SRT10 drift tune in the tuning depot(not wheels only) that you could take a look at if you are thinking of drifting one. It doesnt have too much horse power(500 for comp's, 400-450 for random tandem.) Have fun drifting ya'll!

My Quote of the Day: Drift if you can, Drift if you can't. Drift is 4 fun, expecially if you can't---Me :D

Last edited:
sup everyone im new to GTP but not to GT5 im looking to start a team soon but thought i would introduce myself to the the community. My PSN is (ShadowDrift314) if you want tandem. My main drift cars are the RX8, FD3S, S!3, S14, S15 etc. hope to meet some great people soon.

Hi guys im fairly new to gt5. i play with the driving force gt " all i could afford im afraid ". currently learning how to drift but dont seem to be getting anywhere fast haha, if you could help me by giving tips and the like then that would be great, add my psn if u like scottyrfc1690, apart from that pleased to be part of the forum and hope to be drifting as best of my ability soon :) ..

Hey peps I'm glitch and I'm lookin for some good tuning pointers on camber and toe. If anyone coulld try 2 help me out itd be greatLy appreciated

Hey everyone, I'm Chris, long time lurker and then decided it was about time to go ahead and sign up. I'm always around drifting online on an assortment of tracks, as I'm sure I've drifted with most of you. Feel free to add me my psn: nightwing2112. Thanks everyone.

45134_145849568895356_294303818_n.jpg

my dog drifting :embarrassed: hahahha funny

I think it's time to finally announce myself.
I'm Will, and I've been playing GT5 for about 2 months. I'm average at drifting and the only unusual thing (is this unusual?) is that I use an automatic, because I think it's too much for me to focus on shifting and keeping control at the same time.

I have been on gtp a lot but in the drag forums and just now starting to get into drifting. 99.9% of all my tuning knowledge comes from dragging as I am on the fastest drag team. But back to drifting I like drifting exotics that no one hardly uses. I used a 512BB earlier. Also I like to use American cars. I'm not really a fan of JDM's at all. Lol. I drag a lot also so I know what everything in tuning does.

Not new to gt5 or drifting but new to the Star Drift Family and gt planet. Im excited to meeting new people to drift and possibly battle with in the future, any questions feel free to send a message, currently my garage is small because i have to transfer my cars from previous account which was brutal412 so add the new psn if you recognize me out there.

I think it's time to finally announce myself.
I'm Will, and I've been playing GT5 for about 2 months. I'm average at drifting and the only unusual thing (is this unusual?) is that I use an automatic, because I think it's too much for me to focus on shifting and keeping control at the same time.

Yes, it is extremely unusual, and really weird. Besides that, you will never be able to be as good as most average drifters, on Automatic.

Manual all the way dude. You will have to concentrate on shifting too but you will also gain alot more control in a drift then automatic. Auto sometimes shifts when you don't want it to and I find that I can't enter a corner like I would a manual, since auto doesn't know how I think. Thats the advantage manual has over automatic. Listen to Princess, I was sliding with her yesterday and She lives up to her title as "Drift Princess". You will learn alot.

Manual all the way dude. You will have to concentrate on shifting too but you will also gain alot more control in a drift then automatic. Auto sometimes shifts when you don't want it to and I find that I can't enter a corner like I would a manual, since auto doesn't know how I think. Thats the advantage manual has over automatic. Listen to Princess, I was sliding with her yesterday and She lives up to her title as "Drift Princess". You will learn alot.

Thanks for the props, appreciate it ^^

I've always drifted with friends and I have realized that I've been going on more and more as of late and think it's time to start drifting for real and online. I think I'm pretty good but I need a team that has patience to deal with someone who really needs practice at tandems. My flickr photoset with a link in my signature has some, but not all of my drifting photos, please focus on the Aston Martin, because everything else was a boredom chore.

My name is Marlo, and I'm addicted to drifting. It all started 19 years ago, somebody approached me and said: "Here, try this." Isn't that how it always happens? Thanks dad. Anyhoo, I was karting for 4 years and the monkey dug its paws deeper into my back, forcing me to dive deeper into my addiction. A Datsun 260Z was my undoing. I raced that thing throughout Texas at amateur events, beating men much older than me. I left home trying to escape my addiction but then, 3 years ago, I started smoking regularly. My habit became more expensive, with tires getting tossed frequently. Unable to support my habit, someone suggested I try it in a game, and here I am now.

Thanks for the props, appreciate it ^^

I can say it with a straight face so I know it's true :P Your one of the few that deserves your title.

Now, back on topic. HI! I doubt anyone has heard of me before but I am LPTuner, PSN is GT_Obliviator! Used to drift all kinds of cars, from 190hp ae86's to dodge vipers. . . Till I met the silvia S14 :D! Now I drift nothing but the silvia, and sometimes the 86 for fun. I am possibly considering going into the Pro-Am category for VDC, haven't quite decided yet. . . I think I should tandem with Dom a bit more first haha, get my skills up to where I can get close to her, then maybe I'll sign up :P Cya later peeps, I gotta go to my next class. Bye for now!

Miharuhi, New to GTP.
An FD3s (RX7 3rd generation) Driver. (Thank You Polyphony Digital) Possibly the most amazing driving simulator That even my family likes to play, Is just one of a few things to keep me occupied visiting family in the States. Looking forward to meeting you on the track..

Just don't expect much..

Last edited:
Welcome to GTP Miharuhi, and don't worry about being super good at gt5 yet, everyone has to start somewhere and just about everyone started at the lowest category. Takes time and practice, you'll get to where you can beat anyone and drift circles around peeps soon enough. Being new is good atm cuz there are more lobbies for new folks then there are pro's lol, cya on the track sometime possibly. Peace.

I've been using a manual lately, and I've noticed I can slide easier. I'm not as good as I used to, but I'll get there. Thanks for the advice!👍

Welcome to GTP Miharuhi, and don't worry about being super good at gt5 yet, everyone has to start somewhere and just about everyone started at the lowest category. Takes time and practice, you'll get to where you can beat anyone and drift circles around peeps soon enough. Being new is good atm cuz there are more lobbies for new folks then there are pro's lol, cya on the track sometime possibly. Peace.

I can't really say I'm a beginner anymore. But thank you. Your right though. The only problem is finding people who aren't looking to give you a hard time. Staying true to who you really are is better then trying to be someone you aren't. Respect fellow gamers.. Happy Holidays

Back