(Read first)Nu-NEW members/Drifters, Announce yourself here!

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 810 comments
My name is Marlo, and I'm addicted to drifting. It all started 19 years ago, somebody approached me and said: "Here, try this." Isn't that how it always happens? Thanks dad. Anyhoo, I was karting for 4 years and the monkey dug its paws deeper into my back, forcing me to dive deeper into my addiction. A Datsun 260Z was my undoing. I raced that thing throughout Texas at amateur events, beating men much older than me. I left home trying to escape my addiction but then, 3 years ago, I started smoking regularly. My habit became more expensive, with tires getting tossed frequently. Unable to support my habit, someone suggested I try it in a game, and here I am now.

Hey! Welcome to GTPlanet.

This is you in the dome zero if I remember correctly.
grandvalleyspeedway1f.jpg
[/IMG]

Hello,
I'm Just__One__, got my GT5 copy some weeks ago and started drifting immediately. I use a G27 and played much NFS, especially Shift 2. Though the drifting on GT5 always seemed to be much better so I got here :P
Not much more to say as I just started playing, hope to see some of you around.

Hello GTPlanet.

I finally made the move back to GT with the mindset to get back into the swing of track driving since my shoulder replacement. I could no longer deal with the physics engine in Forza and Turn10's lack of compensation with steering speed and control.

I Have spent the last 13 years of my life immersed in the performance driving scene in everything from SCCA and NASA, NHRASC and even crewed a team for D1 back in '06. I enjoy educating people on the techniques involved with high performance driving and eventually competition driving. Check out our team at TeamAnalog.org and see where and what we are up to as it may be something to help out in your local community.

I was on Slide America for 2 years and then branched off with about 6 guys to form Simulation Squad. We managed to really perfect group 90 and backwards entries for fun, as well as battles to see where we were in competition with others(anyone can drift with no pressure :cheers:

I have made a permanent move to GT5 and am in the market for a G27, in the mean time I am looking to meet some solid drivers and especially crews that are spending much time drifting together. Currently my only frustration is the lack of a clutch which was the one thing Forza really had going for it, and I am aware with a G27 or Thrustmaster I will acquire the use of the clutch, just seems lame to not have it available standard as I would add a pedal to my setup.

Hope to meet some cool people on GT5 this year.

PSN - AnalogAssassin

good morning drifters,
i just found this page with the help of monsterGAUZ after 2 years of drifting in GT5 (a bit embarassing^^). Some of you might already know me, or at least know my grey Silvia, for all the others: my name is Florian (or Flo in short form), i'm a 24 year old german student, and almost the only car I drift is a '02 Silvia my wife did for me (thats why it looks so great xD).
so, meet you on the track (but not Tsukuba ;-) ), take care
Flo

What up everyone. I just got my PS3 today. I've been drifting on Forza for 3 years now, and started with the wheel about 4 months ago. I have a Microsoft wheel, so I can't use that for the PS3. But I need some tips about this here durfting.... I can't do any drifting with the PS3 controller. I'm not bad on Xbox, but I can't figure this out for nothing.

Hi everyone!

Just got my PS3 a 3 days back, with my first copy of GT5, 2013 edition. I'm pretty familiarized with DS3 drifting but new to the G27 wheel drift.

Hope to see you guys around. :)

Howdy do, my name is Chris. But known in game as The Revenant.. Been drifting Gt5 for about 6 months now. I am 18 years young, and currently working on my skills as an in-game drifter. I drive a Nissan 370z, and also own a Holden VS Commodore Ute, for motocross reasons. I only drift with controller as I do not have a wheel at the moment, give it a few more months. :)

Anywho, if you got any questions or want to help improve my game, drop me a PM!
Cheers. :)

Hello everyone.. I'm Jantjehoek, and i'm from holland
I like drifting in the online challenges, but sometimes i like to play around in some online lobbies too

I like to drift with pad, because you can just sit back and relax and have fun.. and you can easily work your handbrake while drifting..

I have a playseat with G27, but mostly use that for gripping..

My name is Christian.
My PSN is Chris-Gronlund
Using a G27 wheel and just bought a wheel stand 20 min. ago..:P
Pretty much always driving the fairlady (2007)
Yeaaah!? I like drifting!..?
regards!:)

Last edited:
new to the forums . been at gran turismo since day one just getting into drifting on ps3/ gt5 . did some on forza but tuning / driving is a little different . just need people to drift / learn with . feel free to message / friend me. online all the time so far the info in the forums has helped me improve already

yo ^^
i'm a new member here ^^
i've been a GT series fan since maybe 12 or 13 years ago ^^
i loved it first for the first funny reason ( ability to save replays )
then started to rock it up from :
*GT1 - 2 - 3 - Concept - GT4 Prologue - GT4 - GT5 Demo & Prologue - GT PSP - GT5*
the true approach to the expert limit of me started in GT5 ^^
my racing preference is drifting ^^
here are some stunts & drifting videos ^^
Please take a look at them all from start to finish ^^
Trust me you'll like them :)

the difficult thing is here X)

*Thanks*

Last edited:
My name is Christian.
My PSN is Chris-Gronlund
Using a G27 wheel and just bought a wheel stand 20 min. ago..:P
Pretty much always driving the fairlady (2007)
Yeaaah!? I like drifting!..?
regards!:)

Thank you for clearing that up. Lol, my first thought you were THE chris-G

Hey everyone! I'm Kiyo, sort of new to GT Planet due to me actually creating an account. Recently got a PS3 and all I've been playing is GT5 with a dualshock 3

Hey guys! Just started getting serious about GT5 Drifting, still pretty bad atm, but I'm getting better everyday! :D

Hi everyone,
I started drifting a coupe of days ago and I'm Gettin pretty decent at it.
I now use cars from the arcade section but after I finish my exams I'll continue the GT life I just started to earn some credits for some real drift cars :drool:

Hey everyone,I consider myself pretty good at drifting in GT5,so if you ever want to burn some rubber with me on the track,hit me up
psn: ssmyHD

Hi everyone,

I'm Eddie from Denmark. I've just started driving with the Driving Force GT wheel and I'm learning to drift with it. It's not an easy task I have to say. I'm decent with DS3 in most FR-cars though.
I practice with the S13 at Autumn Ring, which has a lot of small corners and you don't need a lot of speed here. When initiating the drift I have to countersteer at 270+ degrees, but then I have to turn back again even faster so the car doesn't snap into a spin. Isn't that stressful for the FFB even at low levels? It feels like I'm forcing the wheel a lot here. I've tried unplugging the power cord to disable FFB. It's easier to turn the wheel fast, but also a little irritating when not drifting. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance :-)

Hey guys my name is Christian, also by my username skoSko9. For the most part I started playing GT3 when I was young, my love for cars at that time was exponentially growing and GT3 just pushed it. Some time after GT5 came out, I was interested in drifting so I started checking out in the interwebs and found this place. Please to be in this community!

Hello Im completely new! GT5 is my first GT game ever. I bought it and learn how to race proper about a month later... I bought the game for cars and never even knew about drifting on the game, then I started.. sucked allot.. and got allot better, I can drift almost any car and FF. My favorite right now is my Pink 180sx because it handles like a dream.

Drift Missle
Hello Im completely new! GT5 is my first GT game ever. I bought it and learn how to race proper about a month later... I bought the game for cars and never even knew about drifting on the game, then I started.. sucked allot.. and got allot better, I can drift almost any car and FF. My favorite right now is my Pink 180sx because it handles like a dream.

Welcome to GTPlanet, and indeed the world of Gran Turismo

Hey guys , ive been lurkin gtp for about 2-3 years.....(first post) add me on psn i have a wheel n fast internet;) highbandwith too :aRiceCooker

Hey what's up I'm Chris. I'm new to GT5 and I'm new to GTPlanet. I've only been playing for about a month. And I've gotten a lot of cars in that time. I'm starting to venture into learning how to drift. Right now the only car I've tuned almost perfectly my own is my 180sx.

Hey everybody! I'm MisterWhiskers, a veteran in the GT series and drifting. I am new to GTPlanet, so if I mess up on something, don't be surprised. I am Albanian, and love myself some German cars haha! My current drift cars are the 07' M3 Coupe and 93' Nissan Silvia S14. I may be new to posting, but I've been looking at this site for what what seems like millenniums.

Greetings and welcome, Valorian Drift Racing is looking for drifters of all kind and tuners as well. Just putting it out there

Latest Posts

Back