(Read first)Nu-NEW members/Drifters, Announce yourself here!

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 810 comments
I like some professional but fun drifting. Look out for me in busy lobbies trying to sort out trolling, and generally testing colourful smoke machines (sideways cars not actual smoke machines). Currently running my RX-7s and my DRIVE Supra. See you all out on track!

just looking for some new people to tandem with so please add me and ask to drift if u like cs tire tandem.

i like the smaller tracks, home track is tsukuba, i usually run about 350-450hp, i think i have a quicker pace then the average person on the track so i can keep up fairly well unless the other car has much more horsepower.

heres some of my favorite cars to drift:

ss ae86
nismo 270r
amemiya d1
superbird
cobra r
is200 gt1
skyline gts
toms chaser

late pacific standard time and mic'ed up. i usually play on my hks racing controller (dont know, google it. i think its great and noticebly better then ds3) or ds3 controller

i own an ae86 in real life, had it for 7 yrs now; alot of ups and downs with the car, alot of $ spent on just maintanence and repairs and now on my 4th motor, i'd love if u popped onto my profile page and looked at the pics i got in the album, its not the prettiest but i love it, and it gets me around in style.

Last edited:
Hello to all you real drifters here, I would like to tell you all I am as good as some of you but the truth is I suck like a Dyson vacuum cleaner. I have tried so hard to get the timing, power, angle, etc., but I just plain as that suck. I am hoping for just tips and advice, I've been told I can make some awesome driftable hybrids, and my tunes are on the right track but the truth is I simply cannot get the hang of it. If anyone here has a tune I can try, I wouldn't mind a lesson in a private lobby as I would like to try with a hybrid Bellet. PM me or FR me, PSN is to the left and my secondary account is also my GTP namesake. Thanks in advance

Hi everyone, very new to GT (5 is my first GT game), and obviously to this forum :)

I dont have internet at the moment, but hopefully will be up and running by the start of next year. I have bought a g27, and am trying to build a small PVC rig now for the setup. I just have two questions for you real life drifters here, which hopefully can be answered on this thread.

How close is GT5 to simulating realistic physics with drifting ? (apart fom the fact that your not getting thrown around by weight transfer amongt other things) Could one actually "train" in GT5 ?

Secondly, I am wondering if in Oz there is such a place where you could rent a car to drift for a day. Its an odd question I know haha, but thinking about the costs of getting into drfiting properly seems a bit out of reach for me. I would love to be wrong, but I am thinking along the lines of:

Car
Insurance
at the very least I am guessing you need to do suspension work on a stock car ?
track payment/club membership ?
tires
tires
tires
fuel

etc.

My PSN is F0X1TR0N but as I mentioned, havent got internet yet. I am also a Avid Fighting game player (Tekken and SF) and occasionally sports. I like games which take skill, and have deep layers of complexity haha.

This place looks like a great community, and hope to really get into this with GT6 coming too.

Thanks !

F0x

Hi there, new guy here :P errm i'm in a drift team on Forza motorsport 4 that some of might know or might not, Team Xenon. I decided i'd try my hand at Gran Turismo drifting as well. Hope to see some of you out there on the track :)
Oh also i drift with a fanatec csr on 900° and my PSN is XE_Baggins

Hey guys, pretty new to drifting, and ps3 in total. Bought a g27 2days ago and loving it so far. Its both fun and frustrating, as I feel I sometimes I have no idea what I'm doing. See you on the track hopefully!

Hey guys i'm a new member to gtplanet and a new gt5 drifter. I just bought myself a Logitech Driving Force GT last week and "trying" to teach myself how to drift at the moment. Anyways I saw this was a place I could introduce myself to the drifting community so thanks for reading this and have a nice day :)

Welcome all to the :gtplanet: Drifting Sub-Forum. Its a little dead right now due to the "GTAV" release and a lot of "GT5 Drifters" are playing that. Anyways, hope you All enjoy your stay here! Remember to check the Rules and junk so you don't get any points! Other than that Happy Drifting!

Hey everyone, new to the drift scene in GT5. Brother logged a ton of time into the game while I was drifting in Forza. The car selection is much better here but I just can't get a hold on these physics. I drift in real life a '91 240SX hatchback so that's usually my favorite car but for the life of me can't get used to GT drifting.

Hey everyone, new to the drift scene in GT5. Brother logged a ton of time into the game while I was drifting in Forza. The car selection is much better here but I just can't get a hold on these physics. I drift in real life a '91 240SX hatchback so that's usually my favorite car but for the life of me can't get used to GT drifting.

Are you using a wheel, and if so what kind? You could give me a write up of your setup, and I could try helping with that. The thing you should be aware of most, is that 250hp in real life, and in game, feel extremely different. I for one, thought GT5 makers did this, to make the game more accessible to more people.

Hey everyone.
I'm not new to Drifting in GT5, been doing it for ages.

I may not be very good though.

My drift cars are.
'96 180SX Type X
'97 Supra RZ
'02 Silvia spec-R AERO (S15)
'02 RX-7 Spirit R Type A
'07 Blitz Dunlop ER34 Skyline
'08 Fairlady Z (Z34)
'88 Supra 3.0GT Turbo A
'66 Shelby Cobra 427

I play in automatic because I use a DS3 controller.

Don't ever use automatic for drifting. Switch to manual, even though it might take a week of practice. It's for the best, believe me. :)

Don't ever use automatic for drifting. Switch to manual, even though it might take a week of practice. It's for the best, believe me. :)

Believe it or not, I'm actually going to practice with standard tonight, hopefully I can master it :D

Im pretty new here and such and saw this thread and figured Id drop in on it and say helllloooooo everybody. In light of the recent "next-gen" consoles, Ive decided that idk what I want because I dislike both of them. Instead of buying a new console Ive been thinking Ill just pick a PS3 in the near future and play GT until I reluctantly by a new console. Ive got a Fanatec CSR from the Forza days so hopefully itll see some more use as well. SO! With that said, hopefully Ill see some of you soon.

Lol this guy ^ yeah a bit off topic but there will be alot of drifters moving to GTP from Forza for GT6, Brett add me when you get your ps3 :)

im not the best drifter, but i can drift well in gt5, and if anyone want to team up wih me, (help me get better at tuning and technique) my psn is V0RT3X7373

I need to make some drifty friends for GT6. I finally picked up a PS3....wife is making me wait till christmas to break it out haha. No brainer with some black friday deals on the console and GT6 about to release. Last GT game I have played is GT4.

Since GT4 I have been drifting Forza 2, 3, and 4 on a wheel, been on a fanatec CSR for the past year or so. Not going to a next gen console anytime soon (especially since Fanatec not XBone compatible...:mad:)

I think my PSN name is retrohoon, at least that is what I had registered on my PSP a few years ago. Not sure if it is still active.

Hey guys,
Student and casual gamer here. (Online regularly now since it's summer break)

I'm new to these forums and seems great so far!, i'm however not new to drifting in GT5. My main mode is DS3, also sometimes drift with the wheel. You may of seen me out there in various lobbies with the blue flag, I don't stick to one as i'm a nomad xD Anywhos i'm a mediocre drifter at best but give me a chance, and i'll be ripping it up with consistency.

Cars that I mostly drive:
Corvette C6 ZR1 09'
Nissan 370z (Z34)

I love a good tandem (^_^)b

Peace!

Last edited:
I need to make some drifty friends for GT6. I finally picked up a PS3....wife is making me wait till christmas to break it out haha. No brainer with some black friday deals on the console and GT6 about to release. Last GT game I have played is GT4.

Since GT4 I have been drifting Forza 2, 3, and 4 on a wheel, been on a fanatec CSR for the past year or so. Not going to a next gen console anytime soon (especially since Fanatec not XBone compatible...:mad:)

I think my PSN name is retrohoon, at least that is what I had registered on my PSP a few years ago. Not sure if it is still active.
haha, i have been drifting on forza with a csr as well, my psn is V0RT3X7373, so see you around christmas!:lol:

Hello everyone. I have really taken a liking to drifting in GT5. i never was very good at it in GT4 or GT5P, but i practice daily for at least a half hour and have really improved. hope to see you all on drift nights sometime soon. ^_^

My car for drifting:

s131.jpg

s133j.jpg
Welcome to the GTP's Gran Turismo 5 Drift Boards. Please announce yourself in this thread. If possible that you do have a question. Feel free to ask it here in this thread, also remember to follow the AUP and use our search bar and PM system. If you have questions about posting and what now: refer to either the Drift Faq or the GTP faq
================================================
If your looking for teams, please report to this subforum
Teams and Their leaders:

Tips section:

Back