(Read first)Nu-NEW members/Drifters, Announce yourself here!

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 810 comments
4x4/AWD/4WD is not a good thing try a FR car. Otherwise you arent drifting you are power sliding.

Well anyway welcome and i hope you learn alot for GTP Drifting. Good Luck

I can drift my AWD car, and its not power sliding, if you have all the power sent to the back wheel, you really cant tell its AWD

Well I personally have been drifting in game since GT3, usually prefer rogue status but now trying to pull a team together right now, we have 15 members now, and will do more tryouts tonight so we should have a full 20 members in a couple days.

Could you add Team Dspec onto the roster?
Our team forum is here: http://teamdspec.dust.tv/

Last edited:
hey im pretty new to the forum and been racing for a while but recently got into drifting on gt5 anyone with and advice feel free to add me my psn is blueesteel i know there are alot of good drifters on here so im always up for some advice

Hi, I picked up GT5 about 2 weeks ago and have started to get into drifting. I use the standard controller so its a bit of a pain but i would like to learn how to do it correctly. I have tried using basic cars(Silva S13) up to the Viper with max tuning. Even with comfort hard tires I cant seem to get solid drifts if anyone has ANY kind of tips feel free to let me know! Much appreciated!

Hey all, just joined today thought id drop a post. ive been drifting the past 6months or so, going well so far. been drifting a TVR tamora round eiger. i hit 25405 last night, nearly backflipped off my couch. will upload pics n stuff soon ;)

Hey everyone. Been lurking on the forums for quite some time but never got around to making an account... Yeah, I know. Slack, eh?

Anyway, been a fan of the GT series ever since GT3 back on my old PS2 (may it rest in piece) and yeah... been racing ever since.

Discovered drifting in GT4 after finding this forum and, once again, was instantly hooked. Now it just seems like I race just enough to tune my cars to go as sideways as possible... But, then again, I guess that's the whole point of posting in the drift forum =P

Been drifting on GT5 for about a month on my DFGT and I'd like to think I'm starting to get a hang of tuning and drifting... but yeah, still a lot of work to go.

Anyway, that's my little introduction. Feel free to add me on PSN if anyone feels like it ^_^

Hi all! Its been awhile since my last post :/ althought nearly everyday have been visiting the forums, so decided to drop a post. Have been drifting in GT5 almost since it was released. I usually drive a Supra, Silvia, RX-7, AE86, Chaser, Evo etc etc.

It's always fun to drift online so feel free to add me, if you want:
My PSN is TuneR-FIN.

Last edited:
hey, i've been on the forum for a few months, i've been drifting for a little while now, in gt5p for the longest time,and been drifting for a while now in gt5, i use a g27 steering wheel, i prefer to use my camaro iroc-z concept 1988 for drifting, but i can use any car if necessary, i can adapt to about any driftable car (hell i drifted a nascar on eiger nordwand, lol) so if i cant use my camaro, i got about 200 other cars to pick from (probably 50 or so that probably wouldnt work with drifting, including the x2010, but i got about 60 or so cars i've drifted) so yeah, anyways, if its improtant, i dont use cars like the buick special or the art morrison corvette (one because i dont wanna spend $750,000 on the vette, and two because then what challenge would it be to use the same car as everyone else) that said, the highest score i got on Eiger Nordwand in my camaro was 18,977 points, (the highest overall score being 20,795 with a nissan fairlady z 300zx)

Hey! I'm pretty new to the whole forum thing. I'm not new to Gran Turismo, been playing since I was 5 lol. I'm kind of new to drifting, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm kind of looking for someone who can help me learn to tune cars for drifting on my own. I know the tuning depot doesn't have tunes for all cars, so If I could learn to tune myself, that's be great! So yeah.. thanks!

Here's some pics of one of my first drift runs:

AutumnRing.jpg

AutumnRing_1.jpg

Hi all I've been drifting for 1 month I have Joined Southern Sliderz and if you see a yellomello88 from hong kong that is me so don't kick me in any Aus drifting rooms because I'm from AUS

Hi everyone. I've been drifting a lot in GT1, GT2 and GT3. Now you can see me going sideways in GT5 online drifting with various cars, mostly traditional japanese drifters.

Feel free to add me on your PSN: djinline-FIN

Hi guys. I'm going to give drifting a try over the next few weeks so will be likley coming here for tips.

Just wanted to say "Hello"

I just started a new drift team with my friend p13pet22. Add me:edub_64. My drift team is called Mautofied Alliance.

Hi im new to GTplant but not the GT series. Just started drifting seriously in the touring subaru imprezza, its ok. I was using a r34 with 747bhp but i had to change my set up for a race and cant get it right again :/
ANYWAY, anyone got a space in there team? If so drop me a message on ps3, adamPJH,cheers!

whaaaaats up everybody i'm rise i'm pretty new to the forums but i've been drifting on gt5p and gt4, and on gt5 since release. i'm currently a member and 3rd in command for SuiSlide drift team, add me on psn risewithefallen2 and we can tandem

Whats goin on guys, just wanted to stop by and say wassup. My psn is sofakingcool86 and you may have seen me drifting a red mkIV supra on tsukuba or a lime green m3 gtr on the autumn ring mini reverse. im drifting on a ds3 but im saving up for a wheel. Ive been drifting since prolouge and was on the top 100 leaderboards for prolouge on eiger and london circuit with multiple cars
see you guys around...goin sideways

sup guys been trolling thru the forums looking for a team to get involved with, i live in japan, drive/drift/touge race an s13 irl, and formerly drifted on forza 3 with microsoft wheel. i currently have been playin GT5 for about a month and a half with Logitech DFGT wheel and i touge, race and drift, more touge and drift then race track style. i kinda stick to what i do in real life drift track and street race street

Drift cars:
FC Rx7
S13 CA-18 DET(P)
D1 FC RX-7
FD Rx7 efini model

Grip Cars:
NSX Honda (P)
Mazdaspeed Miata (P)
S2000 (p)
EK-9 Civic Hatch (P)
GTR R32
GTR R34
Cappuccino non race mod
EVO X
Evo IV

Hi Guys I got GT 5 today and my expectations have been blown in terms of what you can do
(I thought I was going to have to buy games like GRID to do car customization! I WAS WRONG!)

My msn is my username so add me up and below I do have some simple questions.

Ive just got the game so at the moment im hauling levels and credits before I buy a car and tune it up for drifting so heres ..3 questions maybe more.

1. Im hauling credits etc can I take my car online? or is it a separate system? how does it work.

2. Ive notice not a lot of guys on here are using cars like the AE86 and older Silvia's but instead 350z and the like, is it possible to buy a AE86 do it up and drift like the rest of you online in battles and for fun?

3. At the moment I dont have a wheel but will be purchasing one soon, any ideas on a good and reasonably priced wheel that has a sequential gear shift instead of paddle gears? I want to try and be as realistic as possible but not spend £200 on a wheel.

Feel free to pm me!

Thanks guys

Whats good gt5 members? New to the site but before I joined i got a lot of advice from just reading the forums. Just started gettin into the drift scene so im tryin my best and learning more and more everyday. Look for me online spaz_oner is the PSN tag. 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Lately I just made my new drift car set.
Supra RZ
x540 chaser
m3 gtr
Looking for a simple drift team.
Pretty competitive and I have a passion for drifting

im new to drifting but i am pretty good for the time i was drifting i owe it all to my teacher

i drift a silvia s13 (aka old one)
a rx-7 FC (also old)
a tureno(you guessed it, old)
and i want to work on another one (sugestions?)

Hi guys. I'm going to give drifting a try over the next few weeks so will be likley coming here for tips.

Just wanted to say "Hello"

hey and welcome. if you want advice i could give you some, the easyiest car to tune and drift is a 350z or a fairlady(370)

What's up drifters! I'm not new to the GT series but started to drift with GT5. Most of the time i'm drifting:

RX-7 fd3s spirit ( chrome body, reflex paint wheels)
07' M3 Coupe ( flashy green/ white wheels)
Viper ACR ( red/ gold wheels)
Odyssey ( yellow)
Lambo Miura (red)

I'm working on few others setup too.
Using the controller.

I heard a lot of comments in drift room about the FD3S, saying it's the worst drift car, but jeeeez mine handle so well! Never had to use the handbrake, always playing with the gas to control the drift and easy to do the scandinavian flick. Any comments?

Last edited:
Back