(Read first)Nu-NEW members/Drifters, Announce yourself here!

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 810 comments
Hey yall! My name is Branden im 25 and been playin since gt3 havent drifted till now, been ghostin the forums since gt4 for tunes car lists etc. Havin fun learning to tune for drifting and im finding the information here is invaluable.
my PSN: Bullitt_68_01 the name of my room is Drift Addicts: Tuning.

oh i got a lexus is200 gt1 race car and Ford Mustang SVT cobra R '00 drift tune. both tuned at autumn ring mini

Looks like he is about to be whipped completely. I will just give him a heads up of whats coming........ death to him haha

Haha, thanks for the compliment :D Although, now he is scared and wont battle anymore :( I was looking forward to it :(

hi everyone, first time drifting but i've being playing GT since GT1 and i'm level 27 A spec and 20 B spec
psn is guil07

WAT IZ UP GTP!
im not new to drifting, ive been drifting on video games since D1GP [PS2] "best pure drifting gamer ever!" and just came over from Forza 3 DL. Ive done my fair share of drift battles and judging drift battles. im always down to battle.. but i mostly just like haveing fun and getting close ppl doors doing tandem high five lol im all about big 4DD drifting chasers,E34 and crowns. im use to drifting with a ms wheel on forza 3.. so im getting the driving force gt wheel today or 2moro.. hit me up: headlights87D1

If you guys take a look at the first post. I torn it apart. I have just separated everything so one of peices can actually be a guide for other people to look at. ( Should of done it sooner but I wanted to save space).

If you guys take a look at the first post. I torn it apart. I have just separated everything so one of peices can actually be a guide for other people to look at. ( Should of done it sooner but I wanted to save space).

No offence dude, but there is less info now then there ever was... Or did you do that so it's easier to read and simpler for you to ad relevant info?.
While i'm here, may i ask that you put a link to those interested for the GT Planet H2H drift tournament, as i feel that this is a good place for newbys to the drift world to get info, meet new people and learn to drift. The tournament is a great way for them to get some one on one time, tips and skill with such greats as twinturboCH, GODfreyGT5, Jimmy 281090, GTP_Keisu & SAi.
Yes this is a plug ;)

What I did was I just took out the faqs ( since some people read it ) and made it into another thread renamed to FAQs. Sadly, I lost all the links and I will be doing them over again.

Hey guys I'm kinda new to the GT franchise and I've gotta say I should have been playing them a lot sooner instead of Need for Speed games lol. I don't have many avid GT5 friends so if anyone wants to add me that would be awesome and much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Hey all,
Just started drifting online a few days ago (Just got my internet fixed)
Ive been into GT from the very start, and been trying to drift in it since GT3.
Please feel free to add me if you want to drift etc.

Hey everybody,

I honestly haven't played Gran Turismo since GT2, always avoiding the game due to the frustrating mix of sheer joy and controller throwing frustration. Then, my mom bought me GT5 and those memories of joy and dread all came back to me.

This game is a total time sink and just the sort of game I've been trying to avoid but when someone gives you a gift, you have to crack it open. Then I found out that the game had a Delorian in it... basically I'm a huge dork over Italian designed cars from the 70's & 80's. Surely but slowly, the game just kept sucking me in.. deeper and deeper.

My initial goal was to just get the De Lorian and race it till boredom set in and just sell the game. But then I bought an Alpine 310 here, a Lancia Stratos there... and now I'm trying to drift with a 74' Lamborghini.

Yeah.. so that's where I'm at right now. I'm spinning out on Autumn Mini Ring with a twitchy Lambo, trying to figure this drifting thing out.

Last edited:
So far, there are alot of teams out there. Though we probably do have our favorites.( I will probably keep mine a secret :dopey:) Though with our growing teams, lets have Team vs Team sometime soon!
Hey guys I'm kinda new to the GT franchise and I've gotta say I should have been playing them a lot sooner instead of Need for Speed games lol. I don't have many avid GT5 friends so if anyone wants to add me that would be awesome and much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Hey all,
Just started drifting online a few days ago (Just got my internet fixed)
Ive been into GT from the very start, and been trying to drift in it since GT3.
Please feel free to add me if you want to drift etc.

Hey everybody,

I honestly haven't played Gran Turismo since GT2, always avoiding the game due to the frustrating mix of sheer joy and controller throwing frustration. Then, my mom bought me GT5 and those memories of joy and dread all came back to me.

This game is a total time sink and just the sort of game I've been trying to avoid but when someone gives you a gift, you have to crack it open. Then I found out that the game had a Delorian in it... basically I'm a huge dork over Italian designed cars from the 70's & 80's. Surely but slowly, the game just kept sucking me in.. deeper and deeper.

My initial goal was to just get the De Lorian and race it till boredom set in and just sell the game. But then I bought an Alpine 310 here, a Lancia Stratos there... and now I'm trying to drift with a 74' Lamborghini.

Yeah.. so that's where I'm at right now. I'm spinning out on Autumn Mini Ring with a twitchy Lambo, trying to figure this drifting thing out.

Sorry for taking so long but Welcome to GTP's Drifting sub forum for GT5 👍 Enjoy your stay . Feel free to ask anything questions if you have any. though use our PM system and our search bars. ( Don't forget the stickies)
edit: Side note, I hit the 1k emails from this forum alone.

Last edited:
Hello everybody!!! I just wanna say Hi and tell you all how excited I am to be here! This is my first GT game since the original! Now I am ready to try out the drifting mode. I will be checking out the threads to figure out the tricks of the trade! See you all soon!! :cool:

Alright guys , Good to be in a drifting mad community ;) , im 17 and i just love cars. Since i was about 5-6 years old started to play GT and never turned my back on it. Also looking for a drifting team just message me on psn : mcglone1994 , and i will show you what i can do. Cheers , cya all online.

Hello :-)

Just wanted to pop in say hi. I am an avid Drifter and some of you might know me as glenn70 :-) Have been drifting on GT5 since the release and I am very pleased to see that there are a lot of very good drifters on here.

well lads danipren here psn id ratz2009 thought id drop my name in, avid drifter currently in process of starting drift team any way add me laters

Welcome to the community guys. There is always events going on and drift sessions set up usually by the teams. Feel free to check out the team threads for more info.

I haven't signed in yet, but that's about to change.

I'm 16 and I've found a passion for drifting since I was about 14. I've been playing since GT1 and GT5 is a whole lot better now since I can drift and have usually awesome sessions with Southern Sliderz. Can't wait to get my provisional licence so I can go to track days with a drift missile :P

See you guys out there on the track. :)

Hello everyone, I'm not new to GT (been playing since the very first) or drifting, but I am kind of new to drifting in GT. Well, sort of, my driving style can be a bit messy/showy (depending on how kind you want to be) which has kind of taught me the basics of drifting, but it's quite hit and miss. I've never drift tuned a car in my life, either.

I've started playing in online free drift lobbies at Tsukuba (my favourite track to waste time on) and I think it might be my new favourite thing to do in GT5. Unfortunately I have nowhere to set up my wheel right now so it's all done on my pad, which sucks, but needs must, I guess. I tend to drift whatever FR/MR/RR's I can get my hands on. Being a GT game, that's a lot of cars! My favourite, though, is probably my X540 Chaser.

I'm off to read the tutorials about setting up cars, and tonight I'll probably be in whichever Tsukuba drift lounge has the most participants.

Cheers!

Hi peeps.....

Been playing GT since GT1 on PS1; didnt play GT4 or GT5P, bought a PS3 purely for GT5.

Loving the game.

Going to setup one of my rides for drifting tonight, can get it sideways and keep it there (i use no driving aids - which helps for drifiting ;)). So going to do some intense training as i think this could be something that prolongs GT5's life.

Feel free to add me; see signature.

Take care & happy drifting

👍

Hi people.

I'm now having fun with GT5. Been with trading cars (coincidentally, I traded a drift car for a GT300 race car XD), racing online, etc. But I'm pretty new to drifting, even though I've scored over 7,000 drift points in my first ever successful drift trial.

I started out with fun and tailhappy MR cars. Done with Lancia Stratos, gonna try out the Tesla Roadster. Compact, MR cars are pretty fun to drift. I'm just curious why it's a rare preference, compared to FR cars.

hi people first post and time ive been on gt planet.looks good so far,im new to drifting on gt5 but done 95% of game and needed something new to do. tried drifting on new seasonal on saturday and got im guessing the lowest score in the leaderboards,so i tried and tried and tried...after playing around for hours i finally got my tvr speed 12 to a good point and now im ranked 1042nd on leaderboards. i wanna get higher and was wondering if anyone has a tune set up for the speed 12? thanks ryan

Hey, my PSN is RAZORBACK_69 and i'm new to GTP and GT. my last one was Gran Turismo 1, so i'm sure a lot has changed. haha
my last game was Racedriver Grid, but i haven't played that since about march 2009 - my PS3 got the YLOD and i lost all save data.
so i have little racing and drifting experience, but hell, it's fun! :)
photo.php

photo.php

Hey everyone im looking for some people to tandem with and make some friends on gt5 so if your down to drift send me a friend request. PSN: MMM_Mochi_Yum

Ola peeps:)

Long time lurker, newish forum member.

GT player since the beginning, new to the drifting segment in GT5. Keen to try some online drifting with anyone willing to teach:tup::)

Back