Real life steering degrees?

• Thread starter oohhh yeah
  • 34 comments
And dont forget you can modify the numbers of degrees on your G27, G25 or DFGT by looking at this great thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=286646

I read the first page of that topic, I'm kinda confused. Take it in mind, I don't own a PS3 to play GT5, though I really wish I had one right now, I mostly play on PC often and I can set the lock for my steering wheel in the Gaming Software Profiler that I got while instaling this baby here.

But since you told me this, before I was thinking of playing GT3/GT4 in my ps2 with this, I wonder if I press those button for the gearbox it might set them the degrees I want? Sorry, rather lazy to read that entire topic down, I'm focusing more on other stuff here too. :dopey:

Keep in mind that computer racing wheels have a much smaler diameter than real car steering wheels. As you see in the picture, a bigger steeringwheel (black) needs more movement to achieve a amount of degrees than a smal steeringwheel (blue). So you can't really compare a gaming wheel to a real life wheel. ;)
steeringwheel%20size%20comparison.png

Do the real thing, put a real steering whell on your G27, like I did :)

protoavril2013zdet.jpg

But since you told me this, before I was thinking of playing GT3/GT4 in my ps2 with this, I wonder if I press those button for the gearbox it might set them the degrees I want? Sorry, rather lazy to read that entire topic down, I'm focusing more on other stuff here too. :dopey:

I didn't checked if it is working on a PC.

It is very useful to be able to decrease the steering rotation on F1 style cars to 360º because at very high speeds you have difficulty turning a wheel fast enough to make the corners. This became obvious to me in the Vettle Challenge in GT5, and being able to reduce the turn ratio to 360º on my CSR-E helped me pass the Challenge. I also routinely race at 360º in F1 2012.

I might add that I race normal cars at 900º and non F1 racing cars at an intermediate of 650º. Normal cars are very twitchy at 360º and the intermediate value makes driving LMP style cares easier.

I also notice on my DFGT wheel that when I race on dirt tracks, the steering is somewhat limited to 720 degrees and if I fully steer it to 900 degrees, it will just turn back to 720 degrees again. Don't know why is that the case.

Back