Reasons Why You Crashed your Car

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 67 comments
One of the timetables displays the 3 last laps time GT-style and the text is bigger than the other. You probably need to bind the key to change the time display but once you did it will remain in all races so you can get your button back to its original function. 👍
Will try this tonight, thanks

One of the timetables displays the 3 last laps time GT-style and the text is bigger than the other. You probably need to bind the key to change the time display but once you did it will remain in all races so you can get your button back to its original function. 👍
It's right on the d-pad by default.

My TV doesn't like shadows and brightness at the same time anymore, sending me into some weird time and relative dimension in space. It has the same problem with DriveClub.

My TV doesn't like shadows and brightness at the same time anymore, sending me into some weird time and relative dimension in space. It has the same problem with DriveClub.
that is odd. it might be dying on you. there is an exposure compensation option but you'll either blind yourself with brightness or succumb to the darkness...

that is odd. it might be dying on you. there is an exposure compensation option but you'll either blind yourself with brightness or succumb to the darkness...

Watching TV & movies, it's fine the picture looks natural (KURO plasma). Game developers are trying to simulate bright sun in your face during sunset & sunrise. The problem is, the human eye works differently from how a camera reacts to differing contrasts. It even happens in "Game" mode. The red menu bars that the game has with the text in it, is difficult for me to read. In GT6, I have difficulty with grey backgrounds that have text. I plan on having a 65" 4k next year. I should call Pioneer about this. To protect itself, when there is a lot of brightness, like a mostly white screen, the TV tends to grey it.

I know there is a setting on the PS3 & PS4 to make a picture lighter or darker, I have that set to "limited". I was really hoping this game would have a Brighntess adjustment like GT and most games do.

Watching TV & movies, it's fine the picture looks natural (KURO plasma). Game developers are trying to simulate bright sun in your face during sunset & sunrise. The problem is, the human eye works differently from how a camera reacts to differing contrasts. It even happens in "Game" mode. The red menu bars that the game has with the text in it, is difficult for me to read. In GT6, I have difficulty with grey backgrounds that have text. I plan on having a 65" 4k next year. I should call Pioneer about this. To protect itself, when there is a lot of brightness, like a mostly white screen, the TV tends to grey it.

I know there is a setting on the PS3 & PS4 to make a picture lighter or darker, I have that set to "limited". I was really hoping this game would have a Brighntess adjustment like GT and most games do.
other than raising the exposure there's nothing else. I put it on max to test yesterday and it was very washed out and on the lowest setting it plays like you're wearing sunglasses!

nice tv you've got though, I've got some of that old Pioneer Kuro tech in my Panasonic plasma now, but I game on an older model unfortunately. does sounds like the tv can't handle bright screens now, plasmas alway buzz more when bright objects fill the screen, perhaps yours cannae take it anymore, man. do Pioneer even repair their old plasmas now?

as for the text, I'm with you, I struggle to read anything with the pink background even at 2m distance. poor choice for console but is probably ok on a PC monitor. same with the red timing data for the split times HUD top right. hopefully they'll increase the font size, I know that sort of this has been done before by devs porting games from PC, but I guess low priority.

or perhaps I need to upgrade my glasses lol

Apparently someone behind me ran wide on approach to the hairpin at Oulton Park, and took out the marker i was using as a braking point. Following lap, i drove full speed into a barrier because i my brain didnt register it was no longer there, and i happily carried on without even dabbing the brake.

VERY high speed crash!

Running too close with the car in front of me and driving too aggressive trying to pass him, front left tyre overheats...

Last edited:
GT4 Mustang at RA, Aston V8 rams into me while braking into turn 1 on lap 3/8. I go into the wall at 130MPH and am out of the race.

Got distracted by the race engineer text popping up giving me really obvious advice. How do I get rid of the text?

Also, getting too ambitious with the kerbs.

Last edited:
Usually accelerating to hard down the mountain pass on bathurst.
Or some douche smashes my car on the start grid online.
Or my lack of smoothness and skill haha

Lotus 98T............Add full Boost...........open throttle..............giggle..............wow.............OMG...........giggle........Cold tires.............sideways...........giggle............warm tires..............mash throttle............ring for the Ambulance :mad:

First race of my career. Idiot enough to think I can use same braking point from lap 3 in lap 16 with worn tires.

Back